Uncategorized

Fancy that!

Here’s a pic of the bride and groom taken at a wedding in Kerala.

What do you think of the bride’s attire? eh?

Do comment!

Thank you for subscribing to my blog! Do consider leaving a comment – or just reply to this email! I’d love to know what you think.

Cheers!

Vidya

February 6, 2009 at 12:12 pm

I was in one of those moods…I was thinking – how many villages can be fed with that? how many kids educated? How many people given basic medical attention? EEEEsh

agent green glass
    February 7, 2009 at 12:01 pm

i think she’s bappi lahiri in drag! no really, i’m saying EEEsh as well.stumbled on your blog, liked it. : )

February 7, 2009 at 12:58 pm

Agent Green Glass – heheheh…there is ‘more’ to Bappi Lahiri .. I have seen him gift jewelry to reality show contestants….Sigh.

But hey, thanks for dropping by..and I loved both your blogs!

asheeshmjain
    February 23, 2009 at 12:29 pm

Send her to UP just for few hours. You will have nothing to talk about. There will be just a saree, that too if the dacoits are generous.

Anonymous
    February 25, 2009 at 6:10 am

Well, people like to show off their wealth. People find their pleasure in land, industries, cars, gold,…

I just have one question for people who have negative opinion on this… Have they ever taken stock of their own possessions and thought of how many kids can get food and education with that?

monu
    January 29, 2011 at 6:58 am

Frankly speaking, there are lot of marriages happening like this in India..not just in kerala. In the above picture its gold, nowadays the fashion is diamond..

Its not easy to change the mentality of people.. hope the Generation “Z” will overcome all these attitudes.

January 29, 2011 at 7:01 am

Amen to that!

Farila
    June 30, 2011 at 5:53 pm

I had once received similar photograph but of different bride in my email… thought it was one time happening. Looks like this is regular dowry there with rich people. Whew. She is strong. Gold is heavy people!