Stress is something we all experience, cope with, tackle and try to prevent. Here is a simple repertoire of self massage techniques that help.
Turn off the heat in your head
- Before you lose that head, here is what you can do to cool off:
- Place your thumbs behind your ears while spreading your fingers on top of your head.
- Move your scalp back and forth slightly by making circles with your fingertips for 15-20 seconds.
Ease the eyes
- Close your eyes and place your ring fingers directly under your eyebrows, near the bridge of your nose.
- Slowly increase the pressure for 5-10 seconds, then gently release.
- Repeat 2-3 times.
Relieve the Sinus Pressure
- Place your fingertips at the bridge of your nose.
- Slowly slide your fingers down your nose and across the top of your cheekbones to the outside of your eyes.
Lose shoulder tension
- Reach one arm across the front of your body to your opposite shoulder.
- Using a circular motion, press firmly on the muscle above your shoulder blade.
- Repeat on the other side.
Small effort – big benefits!
Reference: Northwestern Health Sciences University