Mother was right. Really.
You do need to sit up straight. Especially if you spend 10 hours a day behind your desk. Unfortunately few people take any notice of backs until they start giving problems. Maybe it’s time to give it the attention it deserves.
The following tips have been provided by the Dauphin HumanDesign Group:
- Always place your feet flat on the floor.
- Always maintain contact with the backrest.
- Correct your bearing if you slide forwards on the seat.
- Avoid extreme bending to one side whilst seated.
- Only reach down to objects near the floor by bending forwards over the legs.
- Do not cross your legs when sitting forwards.
- Practice active, dynamic sitting as often as possible.
- Train an upright posture without backrest every now and then, provided the chair has an automatic seat tilt adjustment.
- When standing up and sitting down, always bring the centre of gravity for the extended upper part of the body over your knees.
- Perform regular exercise at your workplace.