If you HAVE to smoke – of course – ideally you shouldn’t smoke at all, but if you just cannot stop, there are certain things to keep in mind before you light up:
- Non-smokers are not just being difficult; secondary smoke really does affect their health in a bad way.
- Never assume that it is in order to smoke in peoples’ homes or cars. Always ask.
- Never smoke anywhere near children or babies, and that includes your own.
- Be aware of the fact that smoke has a very distinctive smell, even if you can’t detect it.
- Never smoke anywhere near where people are eating. That’s just bad manners.
- Clean out your own ashtrays and don’t throw your cigarette butts out of car windows or onto pavements.
And here’s a picture I found, courtesy Edinboro University click the image for a larger version – that’s what your cigarette contains!
Still feel like smoking? It is your call.