health and wellness tips relationships The Haiku Challenge 2012

The Haiku Challenge 2012 – Day 2 – Mother

I could keep on writing around the theme “mother”. February 2, 2010 was the last night my mother spent at home. On Feb 3, 2010, she was rushed to hospital with a collapsed lung and never recovered, and after being on complete life-support for five days, passed away on Feb 8, 2010. She was 64 years old. She was my best friend, and always will be.

My mother and I

Day 2:

My Mother, She cooks love
Kitchen queen concocts.
Sweet, sour, spicy, healthy love
Unconditional.
Right from womb to grave
She gave infinite love, life
Irreplaceable
Mom. Legacy of
immortal love that conquers
all. Eternally.
Image courtesy: Motivationalmemo.com
Day 2 – February 2nd – Theme or Word: Mother

Enjoyed this post? Please feel free to subscribe to email updates and get new posts right into your mailbox!
Thank you for subscribing to my blog! Do consider leaving a comment – or just reply to this email! I’d love to know what you think.

Cheers!

Vidya

Terri Sonoda
    February 2, 2012 at 4:19 pm

OH!  So lovely!  I would expect nothing less from you, my amazingly talented friend.  Your love for your Mother is beautiful and timeless, and so vividly expressed.  Your have a beautiful soul.   XOXOs my friend.

Someone is Special
    February 2, 2012 at 9:40 pm

I don’t have words.. Mom is always special and I am very close to my mom.. 🙂

Someone is Special

becca givens
    February 2, 2012 at 5:56 pm

What a tender sweet tribute to your mom … upcoming anniversaries can be difficult. May the upcoming one for you be filled with loving memories that bring smiles of joy in the connection you shared with each other.

sonsylass
    February 2, 2012 at 11:20 pm

All the more wonderful because they come straight from the heart – thank you for sharing such special memories.

andy sewina
    February 3, 2012 at 12:30 am

Great thoughts, especially the last one!

February 3, 2012 at 3:18 pm

Thank you, Terri. I am really enjoying this! Hugs!

February 3, 2012 at 3:24 pm

This month ….. is tough, Becca. So many memories. Thank you for your kind words. Hugs to you!

February 3, 2012 at 3:24 pm

Cherish her, Saravana. 🙂 I feel very emotional too. Because now, my mom lives in my heart.

February 3, 2012 at 3:25 pm

Thank you for the lovely comment “sonsylass” So happy you came by.

February 3, 2012 at 3:25 pm

Thank you, Andy!

February 3, 2012 at 4:04 pm

Thank you, Zephyr. Feb 3, 2010 was the last day I spoke to her. She was unconscious after that, until she breathed her last on Feb 8. 🙁 Hugs back.

Harleena Singh
    February 3, 2012 at 5:45 pm

Feel sorry for your loss Vidya!

I can well imagine what you are undergoing as I also lost my mom due to lung cancer a few years back. She was very close to me as well. I know for sure such losses are something no words can really comfort or actions can soothe.

Till date, I remember the last few days and moments as my mom was slipping away and they remain ever so fresh in my mind even now. But somehow, I always do find her around me whenever I need her- by bad times, good times, happy or sad moments- almost like my guardian angel. So, take heart for they are always with and around us 🙂

Zephyr
    February 3, 2012 at 3:58 pm

Let me share your memories and hold your hand as you remember your mother, Vidya. Mother is irreplaceable no matter how old we become. Huggggs.

February 4, 2012 at 4:01 am

Hugs, Harleena. I know how that must feel. You’re right about words being inadequate. Sigh.  I am happy too, that our mothers live in our hearts.  We are lucky to have been close. As my mom was a single parent, it seemed even more special to me. Thank you for your kind words.