The Haiku Challenge 2012 – Day 29 – Journey
Today is the concluding day of the month long “The Haiku Challenge 2012 – 29 days, 29 haikus” graciously hosted by “Someone Is Special” Saravana. It has been a novel and amazing experience for me.
Although I pride myself on sticking with anything I take up and seeing it through to completion, I must confess that I did have my moments when I thought I’d skip a day or two (or more) of this haiku challenge. I mean, 29 days! Gasp! Seemed like a lot of work. I focused on it though, and the editorial schedule I had proudly made for my blog went for a toss.
I groaned under the pressure of my regular client work, health issues, domestic emergencies and social media. But I loved it. Do I regret any of it? No way. I think this is the first month since I started my blog that it has a post for each day of the month, thanks solely to the discipline lovingly imposed by the challenge. I loved seeing the comments. It was somewhat of a self-discovery for me – because although I enjoyed reading haiku, I never thought I’d attempt it with such commitment! What a memorable February in the leap year!
- Thrilled to connect with so many wonderfully artistic and creative writers – the enthusiasm is so contagious!
- Grateful for all the support and inspiration
- Overjoyed to have started a new habit – now, if I enjoy someone’s post, I feel like replying with a haiku. My folks think I have the haiku-mania
- When I like someone’s blog, I dedicate a haiku
- I’ve learned new styles of poetry
- I thought I’d miss the challenge when the 29 days are up, but now that haiku has become a happy habit, I don’t think so! For me, the journey begins!
- I’ve had the privilege of fellow-bloggers sharing what I write and I am blessed to receive the love
- This has been a wonderful experience
- My editorial calendar for March and April are magically ready . So maybe I don’t always follow it, so what?
So, is it not fitting that I start today’s haiku with first, a tribute to our dear Saravana?
|This has been so much fun!|
Thank you for subscribing to my blog! Do consider leaving a comment – or just reply to this email! I’d love to know what you think.