Uncategorized

Sundays In My City – My Favorite Smiles

It has been a “down” week for me with visits to the doctor – so I’ve rustled up some of my favorite photos from my album to show you today. Of course I have hundreds of these – and I tried very hard not to overdose it. I hope you enjoy them as much as I do!

What is special about these photos, other than the fact that the kids are all charmingly dressed up? I’ve known each and every kid here from Grade 1 or earlier, except the last one, whom I met on my walk. And that gives me my favorite smiles! I can go back in time and recall them, as tiny tots, enthusiastically skipping into the school gate. Gradually, they’d walk leisurely, chatting with their class mates. Initially they’d come running and hug me, talk to me, give me advice (like wearing a helmet is bad for my hair. Yes, really!) Now, they pass me by, wish me sedately and move on. Some of the girls still borrow a comb or a pin. Everyone has a happy grin for me, though! Happiness personified.

And if you’d like to see the photo in its original size, just click to open in a new window and enjoy.

fancy dress competition – waiting their turn to appear on stage
merry christmas! Vidur is one of the three kings bearing gifts for baby Jesus, home made crown and all
One of the christmas angels. She’s a young lady now.
dressed for a play on School Annual day celebrations. Do not miss his finger ring and beard . As if!
Annual day participants – dressed to dance

What a lovely dance this was!

Annual Day – Another song and dance!
She obligingly posed for me. 🙂
Dressed for a play – a la Mind Your Language. It was fantastic!

Vidur and team off to another school to give a music performance at a competition. He is second from the right, the tall guy with the backpack.
Pretty girl, isn’t she? All dressed up for the festival
Glorious! Check the jewelry, the hair decoration and all
This guy just assumed I had my camera out to photograph him! I love his smile!

And now, let’s be off to Unknown Mami’s blog from where we can travel the world together!

Thank you for subscribing to my blog! Do consider leaving a comment – or just reply to this email! I’d love to know what you think.

Cheers!

Vidya

Farila
    February 26, 2012 at 1:52 pm

It was nice to see in all those different colors and makeups.. LOL. The little guy gave you such a beautiful smile. Kids make this world so beautiful..

February 28, 2012 at 5:30 am

True, Farida – kids definitely make life worth living! Thank you for visiting! 🙂

My Inner Chick
    February 26, 2012 at 3:34 pm

Vidya,
    such lovely photos!

The girls are so gorgeous.

And I love the little cutie on the last photo w/ the big GRIN.

Happy Sunday, Sweets.xx

February 28, 2012 at 5:36 am

🙂 Thank you, Kim! I find such joy in photographing kids. They’re really the best models! And yes, loved the little guy in the last pic! Hugs!

Keetha Broyles
    February 26, 2012 at 2:06 pm

Beautiful costumes and “children” all.

Why are the young ladies in the first photo all sporting moustaches?

February 28, 2012 at 5:34 am

Thank you, Keetha! They are dressed to play the part of certain male characters – we have an amazing folkdance style here in the state we live in. It is called “Yaksha Gaana”. The performers are quite breathtaking and so energetic!

Heather
    February 26, 2012 at 3:32 pm

lovely pictures!

Tara R.
    February 26, 2012 at 4:45 pm

The costumes are so beautiful. Such vibrant and rich colors.

February 28, 2012 at 5:37 am

Thank you, Tara! I really look forward to these special occasions in school. Oh, only three more years left 😀

StarTraci
    February 26, 2012 at 5:37 pm

Such beautiful costumes and even more beautiful children. Thanks for sharing!

Happy Sunday.
    🙂
    Traci

February 28, 2012 at 5:38 am

Thank you Traci! 🙂 Have a great week ahead!

Betsy at Zen-Mama
    February 26, 2012 at 11:22 pm

Beautiful children! Love the costumes! I should post some of my beautiful 4-5 year olds, if their parents don’t object.

February 28, 2012 at 5:41 am

Hi Betsy! 4-5 years is such a wonderful time with children! I love spending time with children in general and am grateful to have so many little “friends” at Vidur’s school who enjoy letting me photograph them. Grateful to the parents also! I’d love to see photos of your 4-5 year olds!

Kimberly
    February 27, 2012 at 1:44 am

The fake mustaches and beards are killing me. I want in. Have I told you about the time when I dressed up as a dude for Halloween. I wore a mustache and Shawn refused to kiss me.
    I love love LOVe how intricate the details are on the dresses. And the colours are so vibrant. Love.

February 28, 2012 at 5:43 am

🙂 We still have that big fake beard Vidur is wearing in the photo (dude with the orange kurta) – quite bulky it was! These kids love wearing false stuff! So do I. I’d love to see a pic of you as the Halloween dude, Kimberly! And what you mean Shawn refused to kiss you? Why didn’t ya just take it off? 😀

Thanks for coming by! When we meet, we shall both wear beards!

Find Your Harmony
    February 27, 2012 at 5:12 am

Oh I love looking through the window to your world Vidya!! So precious.
    The children are beautiful, and so are the costumes!
    Thank you for sharing!
    IN Harmony,
    Jen ♫

February 28, 2012 at 5:44 am

Thank you, dear Jen! Children are true bliss!

KINDAYS RESORTS
    February 27, 2012 at 5:25 am

This posting reminds you of one’s past too. Last week , I had been to the Annual Day of my son , who is studying in UKG at SSRVM in Thrissur. Posted some photos on Fb last week.
    After a few years, these memories will be great reminders.

February 28, 2012 at 5:46 am

Oh these memories are precious, Kinday’s Resorts! I find that looking at these pictures from time to time is a great way to stay in a good mood and put smiles on my face! Thank you for stopping by!

Terri Sonoda
    February 27, 2012 at 5:47 am

Captivating, as usual! LOVE LOVE LOVE the children’s pictures. You capture the sunshine in each one. You are amazing, my friend. Thanks for this beautiful journey.
    Terri
    XOXOs

February 28, 2012 at 5:48 am

Thank you, Terri dearest! 🙂 I love that you’re taking a break from your break to comment! These kids are amazing! Hugs to you!

Paige | simple mindfulness
    February 28, 2012 at 5:52 am

Once again, I love how you turn the everyday things into something beautiful and special. These are the most adorable children! And, being in America, it shows how similar we all are.

Thank you so much for sharing more of your life with us Vidya!

February 28, 2012 at 6:18 am

Dear Paige, Thanks for coming by! Sundays In My City is something I really enjoy doing. I often skipped posting on Sundays, but ever since I linked up with Unknown Mami, a wonderful blogger, it has become something for me to look forward to.

Yes, everyday things often bring the most pleasure with the associated memories that bring instant smiles!

Thanks for visiting!

Unknown Mami
    February 28, 2012 at 8:07 pm

I love this! Seeing people grow and develop and even if in a small way feeling like a part of their life.

March 3, 2012 at 11:53 am

Truly, Unknown Mami! And all thanks to you that I have the privilege of sharing this!