Uncategorized

Green. But Not With Envy

Gazing at nature is the nicest way to relax. I enjoy watching the skies in the evening every day. But I am equally fascinated by trees. The variety of barks enthralls me and I could spend all day walking among them. Here are some of my favorites from the recent additions to my collection of gorgeous greens. Enjoy! (Click photo to see original size)
Pretty ferns. Pretty huge!
I love this trunk. There seem so many stories hidden within!
I hear the wind among the trees
Playing the celestial symphonies;
I see the branches downward bent,
Like keys of some great instrument.
~Henry Wadsworth Longfellow
Look up from the trunk in the previous photo to see this towering above
There’s something about tree barks covered with creepers….
I think that I shall never see
A poem lovely as a tree.
A tree whose hungry mouth is prest
Against the earth’s sweet flowing breast;
A tree that looks at God all day
And lifts her leafy arms to pray;
A tree that may in Summer wear
A nest of robins in her hair;
Upon whose bosom snow has lain;
Who intimately lives with rain.
Poems are made by fools like me,
But only God can make a tree.

~Joyce Kilmer, “Trees,” 1914

This took my breath away in the misty ambience.
Jeweled spider web

Trees are the earth’s endless effort to speak to the listening heaven.

~Rabindranath Tagore, Fireflies, 1928

On the roadside – a majestic tree trunk
Let’s travel the world – let’s head over to Unknown Mami’s to see what the others are up to!

Here’s a quote I love!

Climb a tree – it gets you closer to heaven.  ~Author Unknown

Do you enjoy trees? Did you climb one as a child? Which tree is your favorite?

Have a fabulous week, friends!

Thank you for subscribing to my blog! Do consider leaving a comment – or just reply to this email! I’d love to know what you think.

Cheers!

Vidya

Terri Sonoda
    July 29, 2012 at 2:12 pm

These pictures are so beautiful! We don’t have very many trees here in Vegas. Well, we do have trees, but most of them are transplanted. I miss walking in beautiful, misty forests. Especially in the fall, when the leaves are changing colors. Just magical! Thanks for the tree tour, AND all the lovely poetry, Vidya. LOVED this!
    Terri
    XOXOs

August 2, 2012 at 4:44 pm

Fall colors – oh, just thinking of that is so dreamy, Terri! Hugs to you, Terri – in fact I was thinking of you when I posted them. 🙂 thank you for always touching my heart.

joanne
    July 29, 2012 at 3:54 pm

I could feel moisture in the air in your lovely photos…..my favorite topics include skies, woods,too…. and water, and animals, and, and…….

August 2, 2012 at 4:46 pm

Hi Joanne! When we visited these places, we had our raincoat on, all the time because there would be sudden bursts of rain. The rest of the time, simply magical in the mist. Your favorites are mine, too!

thoughtstomull.com
    July 29, 2012 at 6:37 pm

Beautiful photos! I especially liked the ones in the mist, and the one looking up, from below, to the tree towering above! And, yes, makes me wonder what history those trees have seen unfold before them!!

August 2, 2012 at 4:49 pm

YOu know, sometimes, Janet, I think I haven’t done justice with the photo, because I got to see all that with my eyes – and they looked so beautiful. The trees did seem to whisper. 🙂 There was wind and rains to add to the music.

Betsy at Zen Mama
    July 29, 2012 at 6:56 pm

Vidya,
    Beautiful shots! This is why green is my favorite color. The spider web is particularly nice. Love your tree poetry, too!

August 2, 2012 at 4:50 pm

Thank you, Betsy! I am hoping you’re having a great time at Blogher!

Tara R.
    July 29, 2012 at 2:08 pm

Gorgeous shots, looks like paradise. The bejeweled spider web is so pretty.

August 2, 2012 at 4:43 pm

Yes, Tara…the weather was great and the place where I shot the spider web – there were so many. I only seem to have captured one, even though I remember trying to get pictures of many more. Thank you!

DysFUNctional Mom
    July 29, 2012 at 2:26 pm

This is so beautiful! I haven’t had much time to enjoy nature but this gave me a little taste of it. Being out in nature is so relaxing and centering for me.

August 2, 2012 at 4:45 pm

I understand! One of my favorite pastimes is looking down at the trees around our building from the terrace on the fourth floor – the carpet of different shades of green is just so soothing! Thank you for your presence here! Hugs!

Rita
    July 29, 2012 at 5:20 pm

Very interesting trees you share today. I especially like the tree trunk shot. So many shades of color in that one tree trunk.

Thanks for the nice comment on my biker rally post today.

August 2, 2012 at 4:47 pm

Hi Rita! Oh, that tree trunk was so fantastic up close. It was massive and the shades of color were just beautiful! 🙂 So happy to see you here. (Loved that biker rally post!)

Vishnu
    July 29, 2012 at 10:51 pm

wonderful pictures. best place to relax & reflect is in nature! old trees are inspiring especially when we think about how long they’ve been there – long before after our birth and will be there long after our death. helps remind me how temporary our own lives are:) we may come and go, but nature lives on!

August 2, 2012 at 4:53 pm

You’re right, Vishnu! I saw a eucalyptus tree planted in 1857 in Horsley Hills (Andhra Pradesh). So majestic.

Leovi
    July 29, 2012 at 5:51 pm

Nice pictures. I love, gorgeous these impressive trees. Greetings.

August 2, 2012 at 4:48 pm

Thank you, Leovi. I am so excited I could see them before I photographed them 🙂

Sandra Pawula
    July 29, 2012 at 6:57 pm

How beautiful! I love the way you interspersed photos with quotes. There are many tress where I live to and I am slowly coming to know them.

August 2, 2012 at 4:51 pm

I find trees very very soothing, Sandra. And so serene. We worship some trees like the Neem tree. So happy to see you here!

Keetha Broyles
    July 29, 2012 at 7:14 pm

Vidya, where did your e-mail address go on the e-mails I get when you post on my blog? Now you are a no-reply commenter.

This makes me so sad since we often e-mailed back and forth a bit of conversation after comments.

Very sad face.

August 2, 2012 at 4:52 pm

I know Keetha. Bad Blogger. Apparently the noreply-comment@blogger.com is a big issue, and one that is doing serious rounds around the Google forums. 🙂 According to Google, it is a security measure. But one can choose to show their email, after a lot of tweaks. Glad we have each other’s emails now!

Rawknrobyn.blogspot.com
    July 29, 2012 at 8:02 pm

I’d only heard the first two lines of the Kilmer poem. Thanks for posting the full poem, and for the majestic photos. Very, very nice.

xoRobyn

August 2, 2012 at 4:53 pm

Thank you, Robyn! 🙂 It is lovely, the poem, is it not?

Arun
    July 30, 2012 at 2:40 am

Thank you for the beautiful pics you give every weekend.

August 2, 2012 at 4:54 pm

Thank you for the kind words, Arun! Glad you like them!

BLOGitse
    July 30, 2012 at 6:53 am

‘All religions, arts and sciences are branches of the same tree.’
    Albert Einstein
    Have a good week!

August 2, 2012 at 4:54 pm

Ah, that’s a lovely quote, BLOGitse! 🙂 Thanks and the same to you!

Elle
    July 30, 2012 at 1:17 pm

Just lovely Vidya. Everything!

Elle
    xoxo

August 2, 2012 at 5:01 pm

Hugs, hugs, hugs to you, Elle!

Unknown Mami
    July 30, 2012 at 9:31 pm

I love trees. There are a couple around my home that I consider friends, they been there for me through good and bad.

August 2, 2012 at 5:02 pm

Yes, solid silent understanding friends – that’s how I see mine too! 🙂

My Inner Chick
    July 31, 2012 at 3:20 am

Love the poem. I never get sick of that one…

and that spider web is magical…did you see the spider?

Just like you, Dear Vidya.

August 2, 2012 at 5:04 pm

Darling Kim, yes, I saw the spider and watched it going about its work. Then it disappeared around the log – and it was then I realized that I should have got a pic of it too! 😀 Magical describes it very nicely! Hugs!

Aileen | Kaizen Vision
    July 31, 2012 at 1:18 am

Love these photos! I especially love the misty one in the middle – it’s so magical!

August 2, 2012 at 5:03 pm

Yes…it was, Aileen. Very magical. I felt like taking pictures of each and every tree there – but it began to pour 😀

Barbara
    July 31, 2012 at 7:01 am

Wow, I am green … not really, Vidya, wonderful photography, you caught the magnitude of nature in each and every picture. What a lovely morning gift to us all – thank you!

August 2, 2012 at 5:04 pm

Thank you, Barbara. I treasure that trip!

Michelle
    July 31, 2012 at 8:46 pm

Those are some beautiful trees, must be nice to have them nearby!

August 2, 2012 at 5:05 pm

These trees are from a trip up Northeast, Michelle! But there are some real beauties around where I live. 🙂

Evelyn Lim
    August 1, 2012 at 7:39 am

I just cannot resist this post. I love trees!!!

Thanks for sharing the greenery from your part of the world 🙂

Rahul Bhatia
    August 3, 2012 at 9:51 am

Missed reading this lovely post Vidya:) The poems were really a pick of the lot!