positive thinking

Ever tried manifesting your desires?

sun-flower-fabiovisentindotcom

Never have I been more conscious about the power of manifesting my desires in my life, than now. My grandmother always said we attract everything that happens in our life. Our intention can turn into our reality, you know? In fact, my Grandma always said that we each of us has an angel, a spiritual being, sitting on our shoulder, waiting to carry out our every wish. You know what they say – be careful what you wish for! She encouraged us to think good thoughts, positive thoughts so that this angel may implement good things leading to the outcomes we wanted. It is a great exercise in feeling better.

And dear friends, I am feeling better. After worrying about the amount of time it was taking me to recover, I decided to just chill. Ignore it. And carry on as though everything was fine. You know what? Everything is fine. I found the thought of stopping worrying liberating. There are some things we don’t have any control over, so why fret?

Back in school a teacher of ours would always say “practice manifesting your desires. Visualize the outcome you want. Watch your confidence grow and enjoy the motivation to put in the necessary effort”.  What a simple philosophy!  Here is the secret to manifesting your desires:

• You have to let go of the thought process that makes you believe you can’t achieve something. When something doesn’t happen the way you expected, it is okay to feel bad. But don’t let it drag you down and stop you from dreaming. It needs practice. A lot of it.
  • Keep an open mind. Don’t allow your ego to take over. Kiss pride goodbye.
  • Be honest with yourself
  • Focus your thoughts on your intentions
  • Don’t be distracted. This takes discipline. I know.
  • Have clear goals. How do you really want to feel? What do you want?
  • Believe
  • Wait for it to happen. Trust the Universe.
  • Choose happiness

And that, my friends, is exactly what I did.

Manifesting your desires

Double your happiness

One thing I’ve learned to do over the last month is to slow down. It has helped me focus better. Being able to do only certain things compared to my normal routine has made me realize the value of routine. I am living mindfully in a conscious way.  I have been having a good time recalling childhood memories with my son, who is a sucker for stories. I have been talking to him about the power of manifestation – especially as he is going to be busy preparing for his exams over the next couple of weeks.

Talking about manifesting your desires, remember I mentioned in an earlier post  about practicing being a travel agent because I was stuck at home?   Thinking about my friends made me wish they were around. I indulged in nostalgia. Sure there is skype, the phone and email  – but nothing like a real live hug.

I was busy browsing international air ticket booking  options and arguing with my friend whether she should consider Emirates or Qatar Airways –  Qatar lets you apply for a UAE visa online. That is so cool, compared to getting a US Visa – which in itself is pretty expensive and requires one to travel to Chennai and hang around for 2 days regardless of which part of India we live in. It is a big added expense. And almost always, they freak you out because the visa invariably comes later than promised. Bah! Okay, I got side-tracked there.

So anyway, I must have been sending a quiet but powerful message to the Universe, playing with all these airlines websites, because the next thing I know is – I hear from a dear friend and she is visiting India in April. I am so excited. Then a couple of days later, another friend calls to say she’s visiting in April. We were laughing  and remembering an old friend’s sister who got a job with Thai Airways.  We used to be dazzled by her looks and her gorgeous uniform. Naturally we all wanted to be air-hostesses – as they were referred to.  Haven’t seen many spectacled ones though. Ha.

Now, looks like April is going to be a fabulous month. I’ve got so many things planned.  We are also contemplating a brief holiday after my son finishes his exams at the end of March, since we won’t have a chance to take a break for the next two years – he will be busy with school and other classes.

Right now I am manifesting

• being able to wear footwear on my right foot by next week
  • going shopping for my friends and tackling their “wants” list
  • visiting our local welfare home to drop off those bags of clothes
  • finishing painting the Tee shirts I’ve started painting
  • all sorts of good things for YOU.

As my friend Victor Schueller says, it is awesome being a manifester!

Ever tried manifesting your desires?

If yes, how? If no, why not?

Inspiration

Victor
    February 28, 2013 at 9:53 pm

Thanks for the shout out Vidya! I am firm believer in the power of the mind! 🙂 I really think focusing on your thoughts and intentions, as you had mentioned, is huge! Great post Vidya! 🙂
    Victor recently posted…It’s Awesome to be a Manifester | VictorSchueller.comMy Profile

Debbie
    March 1, 2013 at 12:03 am

Actually Vidya i have done this many tmes. Thank you for reminding me again. I can use some manifestation.

When i was a single mother trying to pay bills, those were the days of visulizing and manifesting. And yes it does work completely.

You are what you think you are. Just remember like you say don’t get cared away with the ego.

Thank you very much for the reminder. Now i can call it a day.
    Debbie
    Debbie recently posted…Whatever You Give a Woman She Will Make GreaterMy Profile

Terri Sonoda
    March 1, 2013 at 4:27 pm

This post resonated with me because I am a huge believer in manifesting one’s desires. How else can you stay in focus and realize your most important goals? They don’t usually happen by accident.
    Excellent post. Thanks Vidya! I’m so happy to hear you are feeling better, too! XOXOs
    Terri Sonoda recently posted…You know when you peel an orange, how the juice squirts in your eye? Yea, it’s like thatMy Profile

Lori Gosselin
    March 1, 2013 at 1:59 pm

Hi Vidya,
    These are great points for manifesting. I especially like “How do you really want to feel?” I believe that’s one of the keys, that and letting go. I think manifesting is about setting Intentions (deliberate capital “I”) and then letting it go knowing it is on the way.
    What an astute grandmother you have! My grandmother was the first to teach me about positive thinking! I can still hear her saying, “Think POSITIVE!”. She put me on this path.

I have manifested a lot of wonderful things and amazing things in my life. The ones that surprise me most are the little things I’ve given very little thought to which just show up! That is what reminds me that setting Intentions and then letting go of them is the way to go!
    Glad you are feeling better!
    Lori

Fran Sorin
    March 1, 2013 at 2:19 pm

Vidya – A big grin came across my face when I read your post. Let me just say that after getting to know you and the impact that your grandmother and mother have had on your life, I wish I could have met them. It’s no wonder that you are such a jewel. And how right you are about what can happen when we manifest our desires. Your story of friends coming to visit you is a great example. How exciting – you couldn’t ask for a better gift.

Something happened to me this past week that wasn’t as clear cut as yours but I felt that it was a subtle manifestation of my desires and/or a sign that I’m on the right track. The wife of my dearest friend died after much suffering with a brain tumor. He and I are both Ministers- we have spoken dozens of times about the infinite nature of our souls. I purposely went on YouTube to watch a few of George Harrison’s last interviews. As you probably know, he was incredibly spiritual – also an avid gardener- and spent years preparing for his death. His words gave me great comfort and re-affirmed what i believe ~ his beautiful essence brought tears to my eyes. OK- so the next morning, I’m at the neighborhood grocery store – in Tel Aviv- and what music is playing -‘My Sweet Lord’. That same day, I’m browsing through a dahlia catalouge and what variety smacks in the face – a George Harrison dahlia (I never knew dahlias could be named after a person). I have been feeling for a long time that I need to be in India – I’m not sure why. Perhaps that’s what all of these interludes with George have been about. OR it could be a sign from my spirits saying ‘you’re on the right track. Keep moving in this direction’ Regardless, it has served as a reminder that we do indeed live in a magical world ~and as you have said many times, we can manifest our desires. xxoo-Fran
    Fran Sorin recently posted…How Breaking The Rules Helped Me Create My Dream GardenMy Profile

Anyta
    March 1, 2013 at 2:47 pm

Hi Vidya

What a lovely, positive post and very timely for me I must add!

Carolyn Hughes
    March 1, 2013 at 8:56 pm

You had a wise grandma Vidya! I call my angel The Holy Spirit and like you speak positively/manifestly about my needs. I don’t do this nearly enough so your post is a great reminder to hand everything over the a power much greater than myself and have some faith!
    Lovely post Vidya 🙂
    Carolyn Hughes recently posted…Freedom.My Profile

Pattu
    March 1, 2013 at 4:23 pm

Liked it a lot Vidya!
    Pattu recently posted…The Hyderabad Horti cultural show 2013My Profile

janet
    March 2, 2013 at 3:46 am

even my highshool tennis instructor would tell us to manifest / visualize ourselves winning the game. i thought it was silly though and didn’t really concentrate too much. i didn’t realize the power of manifestation then.

my cousin works in quatar airlines! now i have had manifestation work for me but i tend to be better at receiving smaller things. maybe my mind can’t yet comprehend the manifestation of a greater income. 😛
    janet recently posted…Pandas & Sales Funnels, Oh My!My Profile

Joy
    March 2, 2013 at 4:20 am

Yes! To all of it!

I practice manifesting, and I raised my children to practice manifesting which really cracks me up, because in the moments I might have doubt, they remind me of what is possible! My daughter says she can manifest but she doesn’t have to because my son and I do it all *grin*.
    Joy recently posted…28 Days of Love: The EndMy Profile

My Inner Chick
    March 3, 2013 at 12:11 am

Vidya,
    your attitude and positive spirit overflow into the universe.

You make your readers better individuals. Did you know?

Where will you go on Holiday?

Love you more than melted chocolate chips. Xx
    My Inner Chick recently posted…The Vagina On White CanvasMy Profile

Galen Pearl
    March 2, 2013 at 7:45 pm

Sometimes I think of it as manifesting and sometimes I think of it as allowing, as in not blocking, but rather allowing all the blessings that are always there to blossom.
    Galen Pearl recently posted…Everything Is Impermanent (revisited)My Profile

Unknown Mami
    March 3, 2013 at 2:08 am

Oh yes, I’ve been manifesting. I can’t wait to tell you.
    Unknown Mami recently posted…Perseverance (Fragmented Fridays)My Profile

Sandra Pawula
    March 3, 2013 at 5:48 am

Vidya,

I’m amazed by how your grandmother guided you! What a beautiful woman. I certainly believe in thinking positively. And, I also believe our karma from our past actions is unfolding. That doesn’t mean we are stuck forever. Our future depends on our current actions. But, in my view, manifesting may have its limits. Please carry on though! Positivity rocks the world in the best possible way.
    Sandra Pawula recently posted…Social Media and Blog Promotion: Does It Work Anymore?My Profile

Betsy/Zen Mama
    March 3, 2013 at 2:06 pm

Vidya,
    Very well written!! Just what I would have wanted for my manifesting blog post that I’m still working on. (Maybe you’d like to have a guest post on it one of these days). I love your grandmother’s idea of an angel sitting on our shoulder ready to carry out our every wish!! I’m working on manifesting quite a bit these days…
    xoxo
    Betsy
    Betsy/Zen Mama recently posted…Cherish This Ordinary Day…My Profile

Barbara
    March 3, 2013 at 9:25 am

Big bear hugs, Vidya! I so love your positive attitude and what wise grandmothers both of us have had! No matter in how much pain my grandmother was she always had a positive attitude and was ever so busy, mainly helping other people in need. I wish I was one of your friends visiting in April and hugging you in person! But like you a long trip has to be postponed for the next years … well, we can always start with manifesting our desires! Thank you and may you have a peaceful Sunday!
    Barbara recently posted…Looking Back … February 2013My Profile

Unknown
    March 3, 2013 at 3:19 pm

Thanks, Vidya! You reminded me about my grand mother. She used to speak the same thing. I believe in that angel too. Very positive & practically possible ways! This is a step by step proceeding towards accomplishing desired goals. When we slow down and focus on our desires, set goals and move ahead in a disciplined way. Success is certain! Now I’ll try manifesting desires.

Vishnu
    March 4, 2013 at 7:18 am

I tell the universe to manifest what’s right for me Vidya. I used to demand a lot of things before but now I let the universe take care of it and ir brings all the things I need and more. The less i expected and anticipated, the more I started receiving.

Another tip for manifesting is to believe (like you do) that what you’re expecting to happen has already happened. And start living like that:)

Elle
    March 4, 2013 at 1:54 pm

I love that you talk about feeling in the manifesting process Vidya…for me it’s always been the secret ingrdient…not so secret any more thank goodness.

Love Elle
    xoxo
    Elle recently posted…The Secret Life Of You And Plants.My Profile

Suzy
    March 10, 2013 at 12:15 am

I am a firm believer in manifestation. But over the years I have also learned to let go and go with the flow. It’s so uncanny that whenever I need to hear a message, a blog post pops up from nowhere – just like yours did. Wonderful and thank you.
    Suzy recently posted…100 Words – Lasting MemoriesMy Profile