#AtoZChallenge The Red Carpet

Joy Is Here

Joy is here

J is for Joy Is Here on Day 10 of the #AtoZChallenge and I am delighted to welcome my dear friend Joy Holland of Facets Of Joy.  Joy has a habit of weaving magic with words. Her gentle presence inspires positivity. I confess that when I read what she writes, soothing background music combined with the sound of waves starts playing in my head as a perfect accompaniment to give the overall feeling of a mini-vacation. My heart knows that Joy is here.

I’ve known Joy for quite some time now and I’ve had the honor of collaborating with her on some of her projects:

Ecourse: Illuminate Your Heart Whispers: 30 Days of Love Prompts

Ebooks: Pearls of PeaceCultivating your voice, A Power Prism

Joy has a knack for asking the most amazing questions, and  finding the answers opens your heart and mind. I am thrilled that Joy is here today, because J would not be perfect without Joy.

Welcome, dearest Joy !

Joy is  a Soul Smile

by

Joy Holland

Joy is here

There is something within you, just begging to be felt and shared:

Your heart smile.

Your heart smiles, effortlessly, when you open your eyes, your heart, your being, to the beauty, the light, the brilliance filling the moment that you are currently in.  From this space, heart overflows with love and gratitude, naturally, as you feel utmost appreciation for the gift of this moment, as it is, as you are.

This joy dissolves barriers, amplifying the feel of abundance.  Without changing external, you feel inner peace and contentment.

When heart smiles, world responds joyfully.

When you choose to share this heart smile, you are choosing to affirm all that is enriching and enlivening with World.

There are myriad ways of sharing a heart smile—from a simple sparkle in your eyes as you make eye contact with others while moving through world to a complex creative expression showcasing your unique talents and skills.

You certainly don’t have to share your heart smile, your joy, but you might find it great fun to do so because World responds so generously to a smile. When you share joy, the moment expands to include delightful surprise, in ways beyond what you could have imagined or asked for.  The idea of infinite possibility feels very real as you experience it in ‘every day life’.

If mind says, but I cannot see beauty, light, brilliance, in this moment, I fully understand.  When mind says “but”, that is a clear sign of resistance to something unfamiliar and simply reflects to us a space that has become so familiar we are accustomed to being in, and feeling, it a certain way.

You can certainly continue moving in this manner and that is perfectly okay.

My intention is to invite you to feel the joy of your heart smile —a choice that is available each moment.

What if you truly wish to feel your heart smile, this abundant joy, but the moment is full of “stuff” and it has been a long time since you’ve had the urge to smile, let alone share it.  Maybe you think this is not possible for you.

May I share this truth with you from my own life: joy is innate, free-flowing, available each moment we choose to tap into it. It is not removed as discipline, nor with-held until we earn it, it is an energy that is available this moment, when we open to feel it.  (Just like love.)

Perhaps you might try the following exercise:

• Simply stop, right where you are, and close your eyes.  Then, take one full breath.
  • As you breathe in, think of the gift of life.  You are alive, this moment. Right now.  Right here.
  • As you breathe out, think: thank you for the gift of breath, for my ability to breathe, for the feel of breath enlivening my being.  As I am.  Right now. Thank you.
  • Slowly open your eyes.

This is the feel of pure joy.

joyisasoulsmile

Thank you for sharing a moment of joy with me—I very much appreciate your presence.  May you continue to feel this joy as you move through World, creating and connecting!

Much peace and abundant love,

Joy

(*grin* my real name, a gift I have learned to celebrate and appreciate!)

JoyJoy Holland is an Intuitive Empath, Energy and Clarity Facilitator who shares the gift of presence to magnify your inner brilliance. Joy is the founder of Facets of Joy.com – a community where exploration is encouraged and heart whispers are affirmed and supported. Connect with Joy on Facebook and Twitter

Pre-register for a discount of 20% before April 13, 2013 for Joy’s 30-day self study ecourseI Believe in Magic”  through which we cultivate, create, and share our perspective on various themes.

This session will run from April 29 – May 28, 2013.

My haiku for Joy:

Dream walks by the shore

Ocean waves drenching my feet

An eternal joy.

*****

#AtoZChallenge J

♥ Today, I recommend

Meera’s J for Jai Jawan

Dhiren’s J for Jungle Babbler

To all my South Indian Friends, Happy Ugadi (New Year)!

Happy Ugadi

hitchy
    April 11, 2013 at 9:18 am

you have packed so much joy in that post !!!
    hitchy recently posted…J for Jungle BabblerMy Profile

April 11, 2013 at 9:21 am

Yup! 😀 I’ve also got the Jungle Babbler in it! Happy day to you, Dhiren!
      Vidya Sury recently posted…Joy Is HereMy Profile

Rachna
    April 11, 2013 at 9:25 am

Wish you a happy Ugadi too dear Vidya! And a pleasure to read Joy and also to reinforce joy in our lives.
    Rachna recently posted…The tantrumy brat!My Profile

Roshni
    April 11, 2013 at 10:00 am

Wonderful sentiment; Joy is indeed in every moment! Thanks, Joy and Vidya!
    Roshni recently posted…Blogging from A to Z April Challenge: J is for ….My Profile

April 11, 2013 at 9:53 pm

Thank you, Roshni! Joy is in all the little things!
      Vidya Sury recently posted…Joy Is HereMy Profile

Priya Sreeram
    April 11, 2013 at 10:02 am

Festive greetings vidya- you express so well I say ; love
    Priya Sreeram recently posted…Jamming with StrawberriesMy Profile

afshan
    April 11, 2013 at 10:05 am

I love the introduce people in your blogs and recommend others posts !! It simply is a joy moment
    Keep smiling 🙂
    afshan recently posted…“J” for “Jumping Jhapak” – How much I hate it!My Profile

Ruchira
    April 11, 2013 at 10:12 am

Joy is in the simple pleasures of life ! Happy Ugadi Vidya !
    Ruchira recently posted…J is for Jewellery !My Profile

April 11, 2013 at 10:01 pm

Yes, Ruchira! It is the little things that make up the big ones! Thanks!
      Vidya Sury recently posted…Happy PlaceMy Profile

Suzy
    April 11, 2013 at 10:23 am

Joy is a soul smile – perfectly summed up. Loved your haiku too.
    Suzy recently posted…UBC 11 – AtoZ – Jumbled thoughts and scrambled brainsMy Profile

Shilpa Garg
    April 11, 2013 at 10:37 am

The exercise truly represents that joy is not in things; it is in us. 🙂
    Shilpa Garg recently posted…J is for… Joy of Little ThingsMy Profile

April 11, 2013 at 10:14 pm

Yes, Shilpa! That’s the truth! I loved your list of joys today!
      Vidya Sury recently posted…Joy Is HereMy Profile

afshan
    April 11, 2013 at 11:55 am

I meant I love the way u introduce 🙂
    happy ugadi

Meena Menon
    April 11, 2013 at 1:47 pm

I should print thiis out! Thank you for sharing it…
    Meena Menon recently posted…“Jack N Jill” Retold…..My Profile

April 11, 2013 at 10:16 pm

I am usually blown away with Joy’s writing, Meena! 🙂 So happy you enjoyed this post!
      Vidya Sury recently posted…Joy Is HereMy Profile

NBose
    April 11, 2013 at 3:06 pm

The way to feel joy lies inside us…And Happy Ugadi to you as well 🙂
    NBose recently posted…J = Job Hunt & all the jazzMy Profile

Preetilata
    April 11, 2013 at 4:47 pm

You have surrounded yourself with such Joy Vidya that you so very easily surround our lives too with pure joy.
    Preetilata recently posted…Jim Morisson- The Lounge Bar.My Profile

April 11, 2013 at 10:19 pm

Thank you, Preetilata! I am salivating at the mention of Jim Morrison in your J post! Heading over now! 🙂
      Vidya Sury recently posted…Joy Is HereMy Profile

Lori Gosselin
    April 11, 2013 at 5:53 pm

Hi Joy (it’s nice to see you), Hi Vidya,
    I think you’ve had a great head-start in life with such a wonderful name. Hearing someone call you must be like a charge – “Joy!” A reminder of who you are! Imagine; everytime you arrive in a place someone can say, “Joy is here!”
    Thanks Vidya for introducing me to another happy blogger.
    Lori
    Lori Gosselin recently posted…Have You Ever Had a Recurring Dream?My Profile

April 11, 2013 at 10:23 pm

Dearest Lori! Joy .. is an absolutely joy to have as a friend. I will always remember the first time we skyped – what we planned as a few minutes just to listen to each other’s voice turned into hours of laughter.

Yes, I always imagine that about Joy – she arrives…and everyone says Joy is here! That thought gave me the idea for the title of this post!

Hugs! I am blessed to know you both!
      Vidya Sury recently posted…Joy Is HereMy Profile

Sulekha
    April 11, 2013 at 6:57 pm

A very happy Ugadi to you and your family. Loved the Joy in your post today.

April 11, 2013 at 10:25 pm

Thank you, and the same to you and your family, Sulekha! Glad you’re here today!
      Vidya Sury recently posted…Joy Is HereMy Profile

Pattu
    April 11, 2013 at 8:11 pm

A lovely post Vidya . Thanks for sharing Joy with us readers on Ugadi Day. Happy Ugadi to you too.
    Pattu recently posted…Urban Farming encouraged by A.P. GovernmentMy Profile

April 11, 2013 at 10:32 pm

So lovely to see you, Pattu! Happy Ugadi to you. Ah, Hyderabad during Ugadi brings wonderful memories!
      Vidya Sury recently posted…If by Rudyard KiplingMy Profile

Terri Sonoda
    April 11, 2013 at 8:12 pm

Beautiful, joyous post! The “heart smiles”. I LOVE that. Hadn’t ever thought of it in those terms. Now I shall think of it daily. Thank you both! May your days be blessed and joyful!
    Terri Sonoda recently posted…I got nuthin’My Profile

Nandana
    April 11, 2013 at 8:30 pm

Thanks to J, there’s so much joy around. Touched by your post. Happy Ugadi to you too 🙂
    Nandana recently posted…Just the two of usMy Profile

Debbie
    April 11, 2013 at 8:48 pm

‘heart smile –a choice that is available each moment.’
    This is so true and as I read this Joy my heart smiles. Joy is there for the taking and the exercise you give does work. As you breathe, just think of the power of that breathe and what it does for your body.
    Thank you for the smile.
    Debbie recently posted…How To Ask For Help (Even If It Scares The Crap Out Of You!)My Profile

April 11, 2013 at 10:36 pm

Hugs, Debbie. I knew you’d love this post!
      Vidya Sury recently posted…Joy Is HereMy Profile

Shannon
    April 11, 2013 at 8:49 pm

Love it…thanks so much for sharing Joy and Joy with us! Blessings Vidya!

Shannon at I Survived and Now I Run
    Shannon recently posted…J Is For…Jump SquatsMy Profile

Kaarina Dillabough
    April 11, 2013 at 8:56 pm

A most Joy-Full post! Cheers! Kaarina

janu
    April 11, 2013 at 9:00 pm

So many JOY posts today…there is something in joy. Isn’t it?

yamini
    April 11, 2013 at 10:15 pm

That was a complete Joy to read. Happy Ugadi and Happy Gudi Padwa. i liked the style of your blog.
    yamini recently posted…Imagination – Our Inner PowerMy Profile

April 11, 2013 at 10:39 pm

Hi Yamini! So happy you are here! I was blown away by your blog today!
      Vidya Sury recently posted…Bhagavad GitaMy Profile

yamini
        April 11, 2013 at 10:57 pm

Thank you Vidya. You are so kind. As I am a new blogger I get so much encouragement when I receive comments like yours. I still have a lot to learn and I guess I found a friend in you that can guide me. Loved your blog style; it’s like opening an album and clicking on pics that catches interest.
        yamini recently posted…Imagination – Our Inner PowerMy Profile

April 11, 2013 at 11:41 pm

Thank you, Yamini! Blogging is a rewarding activity, building relationships and connections are priceless bonuses. Happy to support you in any way!
          Vidya Sury recently posted…Bhagavad GitaMy Profile

sridevi
    April 11, 2013 at 11:28 pm

Filled with joy even as I read this …joy is a word that occupies so little space …yet it has the power to transform a frown into a smile…big hugs to you dear Vidya
    sridevi recently posted…J is for the Joys of PoetryMy Profile

Cynthia Rodrigues Manchekar
    April 11, 2013 at 11:49 pm

What a beautiful perspective on Joy from your blogger friend. And what an apt name she has.
    Cynthia Rodrigues Manchekar recently posted…J is for . . . JoyMy Profile

Laxmi Chundi Addanki
    April 12, 2013 at 4:16 am

I find your words alive with honesty 🙂 Your endorsements compete with the works you endorse. I am sure you are a cherished friend to many. Glad to have crossed paths with you Vidya. Kudos – Laxmi

Corinne Rodrigues
    April 12, 2013 at 5:59 am

Soul smiles – what a lovely phrase. Will be thinking of it through the day, Joy.
    Thanks for having Joy over, Vidya.
    Corinne Rodrigues recently posted…KalaripayattuMy Profile

Karen Jolly
    April 12, 2013 at 6:26 am

Thank you Vidya – and thank you Joy!!! What a wonderful way to celebrate joy together!!! Joy is that place in my heart that beats to its own drum! xo
    Karen Jolly recently posted…Ditch Your Backup PlanMy Profile

jean sampson
    April 15, 2013 at 12:56 am

Hi Vidya, I love Joy! Thank you for sharing her with everyone!

April 15, 2013 at 8:23 pm

Huge hugs to you, Jean! Thank you for your presence here today!

Rand
    April 15, 2013 at 6:57 am

…ah the pure *Joy* of being encircled by a Hoola Hoop and dear friends along the seaside.

…my heart is deeply touched

🙂 🙂 🙂 🙂

April 15, 2013 at 8:23 pm

Rand, I am overjoyed to see you here! Hugs! yes, Joy is Pure Joy indeed!

Damyanti
    April 16, 2013 at 9:07 am

Joy lies in mindfulness. very well said, Vidya.

Damyanti @Daily(w)rite
    Co-host, A to Z Challenge 2013

Twitter: @AprilA2Z
    #atozchallenge
    AZ blogs on Social Media
    Damyanti recently posted…Never Mind Yaar #atozchallengeMy Profile

Sharing Your Heart Smile with World by @JoyChristin - Vidya Sury
    April 22, 2014 at 12:29 am

[…] of Facets of Joy, I mentioned how lovely it was when she was here last year for the letter J with Joy is here. I invited her to guest post and she asked which letters were free – and I told her […]

#AtoZChallenge 2013 Reflections - Vidya Sury