#AtoZChallenge

Love Is All Around

love is all around

Day 12 of the #AtoZChallenge is here with L for Love. Love is all around! We know that Love makes the world go around. Sometimes it is about nurturing, self-love, sometimes it is crazy-about-you love, but most of all it is about the little things that make up our happy state of mind.

Love is divine. Without love, life would be like a broken pencil – pointless. Love is unconditional and non-judgmental. It connects hearts and souls and feels like a giant hug. Love brings a feeling of security and confidence bundled with a lifetime of trust. Love lets us understand intuitively without words and fills us with positive energy. At any level love represents care and bonding relationships that are cherished for life. Love means being there for each other, no questions asked. And of course, love is the great healer.

Love is all around….in…

…the sight of empty plates after a meal together with my family

…the smile on a child’s face when she receives a gift

…the joy in my Grandmother’s smile as I chatted with her and massaged her feet

…the tears of happiness in my mother’s eyes​ when my son was born

…watching the setting sun with family on the terrace

…rushing out to see a full moon on full moon day

…reading a poem from my son and husband on my birthday every year

…the look of appreciation as I pull out a trolley at the supermarket for an elderly shopper

…the anticipation of my friend’s daughter as I hand over a gift to her, even when she knows exactly what is inside

…the gorgeous chocolate cake my friend brings over, thinking it is my birthday, three months ahead of the actual date and insisting it is the right one

…the love in my friend’s voice when she / he calls out of the blue, sensing I want to talk

…my son joining me in the kitchen to help with the cooking as he continues our conversation

…the sight of our family sharing the dusting and cleaning

…the sight of an empty sink, the magic of not knowing when it was cleared up

…an empty laundry bag

loe is all around us

thanks activityvillage.co.uk

…the sound of the doorbell, receiving a parcel and opening it to see something I wanted

…a clean backyard

…the fragrance of a bouquet of roses from my family to celebrate just another day

…the ping of an text on my phone to see a hilarious joke from an old colleague who thinks only I can get it

…the peals of laughter that ensue when we’re happy

…the pleasure on the faces of my friends who keep the streets clean when I hand over bottles of juice and urge them to take a break

…the encouragement from my friends to keep me going at the #AtoZChallenge

…the thought of my Mom using the soft clothes clips on Vidur’s clothes and reserving the blue ones for him

…my friend sending me a photo with arms outstretched when I am upset

…a loving Facebook message from my friend, just like that

…a hug from my son

…the faith we have in each other in our family

…the joy of singing together even if it is off tune sometimes

Love is all around. In the little things that make up my day and my life.

And the greatest love of all? Love thyself

love is all around

Piglet: How do you spell “Love”?

Pooh: You don’t spell it. You FEEL it!

Don’t forget to say your “i love yous” today!

Here is a round up of this week’s posts – from G to L

G for Going Green

H for Happy Place

I for If by Rudyard Kipling

J for Joy is here

K is for Karma Theory

L for Love is all around

A to F is here

Β #AtoZChallenge Love

Do you believe that love is all around?

Today I recommend

Nibedita’s blog

Ekta’s blog

*******

(Dear Friends…I will be offline most of the time until May 2 and checking email once in two days. I have scheduled posts until April 30. I apologize for the late replies to your comments.

Please know that you are welcome here and I value your comments. I promise to catch up with each and every one of you whenever I am online and definitely when I am back. Hugs and love, Vidya)

*******

Harleena Singh
    April 13, 2013 at 8:53 am

Hi Vidya,

Love IS all around – it always is, though sometimes we forget to see and treasure the small moments of life that bring us so much of joy, happiness, and love – isn’t it?

Loved your list, which can just get longer and longer because we see love in so-so many thing. πŸ™‚

Thanks for sharing this with us. I hope all is well with you and you are enjoying the challenge too. Wishing you the best – always πŸ™‚
    Harleena Singh recently posted…7 Top Signs That Your Spouse Might Be Having An AffairMy Profile

Pheno Menon
    April 13, 2013 at 9:45 am

Reminds me of Rain Rain Rain πŸ™‚

PhenoMenon
    Pheno Menon recently posted…Let me be free #atozchallengeMy Profile

afshan
    April 13, 2013 at 10:19 am

whoaaa
    The last two lines are my favs
    Piglet: How do you spell β€œLove”?
    Pooh: You don’t spell it. You FEEL it!
    And also charlie chaplin – He rocks
    Each sentence u typed oout filled love in me too. Love thy self is more imp than any thng else like u told πŸ™‚
    hav a lovely vacation vidya
    afshan recently posted…“L” for “Laugh Out Loud”My Profile

Laxmi Chundi Addanki
    April 13, 2013 at 10:27 am

Overflowing with love πŸ™‚ Vidya, your posts are a joy.
    Cheers
    Laxmi

Suzy
    April 13, 2013 at 11:36 am

A great list for Love. And I love the Piglet-Pooh quote – it’s one of my favourites. Thanks for sharing.
    Suzy recently posted…UBC 13 – AtoZ – My Sweet LordMy Profile

Ayush Chauhan
    April 13, 2013 at 12:28 pm

I don’t know, if its the right kind of LOVE, but I love the theme…. πŸ˜›

Joy V. Smith
    April 13, 2013 at 12:48 pm

What a loving, lovable, lovely post! Oh, and I like your post round-up. I can do that on a Sunday instead of or along with what I had planned. Thanks for the idea!
    Joy V. Smith recently posted…L is for larderMy Profile

Preetilata
    April 13, 2013 at 1:55 pm

Vidya, Your blog is something i will always come back to whenever i am down in dumps.

How very beautifully you have described LOVE here.

Hugs. <3

True, you don't spell love… you FEEL it.
    Preetilata recently posted…Linings of loveMy Profile

Meena Menon
    April 13, 2013 at 3:00 pm

U weave magic with words πŸ™‚
    Meena Menon recently posted…Lighting the Lamp…….My Profile

G Angela
    April 13, 2013 at 4:13 pm

Beautiful Vidya ! truly Love is all around, if we are able to see and experience it, otherwise we will take everything for granted. Thanks for reminding, loved your post !

Corinne Rodrigues
    April 13, 2013 at 5:40 pm

A fantastic list and yes, love is truly all around!
    Corinne Rodrigues recently posted…Love Water MemoryMy Profile

Rhonda @Laugh Quotes
    April 13, 2013 at 6:58 pm

Another beautiful post. You are overflowing with love. And thanks for that wonderful pooh quote.

Rhonda @Laugh-Quotes.com
    Visiting from AtoZ #41
    Rhonda recently posted…Leave It At Home – Travel Light (AtoZ Travel Tips)My Profile

My Inner Chick
    April 13, 2013 at 8:50 pm

–Where did you come from? Heaven?

Love Endures Forever.

I thank God for this.

& I thank God for you, Vidya. Xx
    My Inner Chick recently posted…For Kay On Your BirthdayMy Profile

janu
    April 13, 2013 at 9:29 pm

I feel it in my fingers…I feel it in my toes….Love is all around us…come on, let it show. Love to you too.

sridevi
    April 13, 2013 at 10:08 pm

What a lovely post filled with sunshine and good cheer !
    sridevi recently posted…The Lo(a)st RaindropMy Profile

Hajra
    April 13, 2013 at 10:54 pm

What a love filled post! Love for me has a whole new meaning since I held my niece recently! Not even an hour old! I have two of them and yes, being an aunt is all I can talk about! πŸ™‚
    Hajra recently posted…Life slipping, miracles happening and life!My Profile

Lori Gosselin
    April 14, 2013 at 1:21 am

<3 to you Vidya!
    Lori
    Lori Gosselin recently posted…Dear LFI: Why Do Bad Things Happen to Good People?My Profile

Roshni
    April 14, 2013 at 2:32 am

So beautifully said, Vidya!

Kaarina Dillabough
    April 14, 2013 at 5:27 am

http://youtu.be/rMbIjsUMFrY πŸ™‚ Cheers! Kaarina
    Kaarina Dillabough recently posted…What I Learned from 13 Hours in a Hospital Waiting RoomMy Profile

Silvia Villalaobos
    April 14, 2013 at 8:19 am

Love is everything, and All We Need Is Love. πŸ™‚
    Such emotional and well-written post. I love the line about the friend calling, sensing I need to talk. So beautifully expressed.
    Silvia Villalaobos recently posted…L is for Lyrical ProseMy Profile

Cynthia Rodrigues Manchekar
    April 14, 2013 at 8:54 am

I love the fact that your posts radiate so much positive energy. Even though we have never met, I feel as if I know you.
    Cynthia Rodrigues Manchekar recently posted…L is for . . . LoveMy Profile

Shail
    April 14, 2013 at 11:20 am

Lovely post on love. Loved the points you enumerated. Love is indeed all that and more.
    Shail recently posted…Photographic equipment ~ a tagMy Profile

NBose
    April 14, 2013 at 6:18 pm

Love can be felt in small things which we generally tend to overlook….It brought an instant smile to my face πŸ™‚
    Thanks for sharing my blog πŸ™‚
    NBose recently posted…L= LikeMy Profile

Suzie Cheel
    April 15, 2013 at 10:37 am

Beautiful Vidya, I adore the Chaplin words and image
    thanks for sharing the love
    Suzie Cheel recently posted…BEach Inspiration: Be ClearMy Profile

Roshni
    April 26, 2013 at 9:42 am

Dear Vidya, For what it’s worth, I featured this post on my blog today:

Limericks - Vidya Sury
    April 14, 2014 at 12:45 am

[…] Yes I know. You expected me to write about Love or Laughter, right?Β  Last year I did write about Love. Today, I figured we’d start the week with a good dose of laughter and I’ve […]

Some best posts of the April blogging challenge
    June 18, 2014 at 2:25 am