#AtoZChallenge

Nature Naturally!

A gift of life

Day 14 of the #AtoZChallenge  is here! N is the letter for the day and what better theme than Nature Naturally! I love photography and enjoy capturing everything I see.  Whether it is while waiting at the dentist, or when I go walking, there is always something interesting. Photography is a way to calm my mind and whenever I am struggling with something, I simply grab my camera and go out on a brisk walk. The walk cools me down, takes the edge of whatever is freaking me out, and opens my mind to all the little things around me that I enjoy so much. I read somewhere that seeing greenery is good the eyes. It is – and it is good for the soul, too! The little things, you see, make the big things.

So here we go – let’s enjoy some moments in nature naturally!

Nature Naturally!

Beautiful shades of green that only Mother Nature can create from her divine palette. Right in my backyard.

Nature naturally
Adopt the pace of nature: her secret is patience. ~Ralph Waldo Emerson

nature naturally

I love to think of nature as an unlimited broadcasting station, through which God speaks to us every hour, if we will only tune in. ~George Washington Carver

nature naturally

Forget not that the earth delights to feel your bare feet and the winds long to play with your hair. ~Kahlil Gibran

nature naturally

I thank you God for this most amazing day,

for the leaping greenly spirits of trees,

and for the blue dream of sky

and for everything which is natural,

which is infinite, which is yes. ~e.e. cummings

nature naturally

A sensitive plant in a garden grew,
And the young winds fed it with silver dew,
And it opened its fan-like leaves to the light,
and closed them beneath the kisses of night.
~Percy Bysshe Shelley, “The Sensitive Plant,” 1820

nature naturally

The sun, with all those planets revolving around it and dependent on it, can still ripen a bunch of grapes as if it had nothing else in the universe to do. ~Galileo

nature naturally

Nature teaches more than she preaches. There are no sermons in stones. It is easier to get a spark out of a stone than a moral. ~John Burroughs

And my favorite:

Nature does not hurry, yet everything is accomplished. ~Lao Tzu

#AtoZChallenge N

Today, I recommend

Naina Madan’s blog –  C’est La Vie!
Nandana Nallappu’s blog – Cheerful Tornado

*****

afshan
    April 16, 2013 at 2:04 pm

Such lush green foilage and loved what ever U embedded in between the pics!
    Peaceful 🙂
    afshan recently posted…“N” for “Nainital”My Profile

Corinne Rodrigues
    April 16, 2013 at 2:29 pm

Nothing like nature to refresh us! Your pictures and words did that for me today!
    Corinne Rodrigues recently posted…Noteworthy Blogs: DukeoMy Profile

Ruchira
    April 16, 2013 at 2:34 pm

Beautiful pics and beautiful quotes !
    I look at the incredible natural beauty we in this world and I am in awe of God !
    Ruchira recently posted…N is for Nubra Valley !My Profile

sridevi
    April 16, 2013 at 2:54 pm

Lovely nature moments captured so well on your camera 🙂
    sridevi recently posted…N for NightscapeMy Profile

Shilpa Garg
    April 16, 2013 at 3:35 pm

Different hues of green… mother nature at her magical best! Wow clicks 🙂
    Shilpa Garg recently posted…N is for… NoMy Profile

Preetilata
    April 16, 2013 at 5:04 pm

Vidya, you never fail to show us how beautiful our life is. Loved all the pictures. My mom too is into gardening. And out balconies, stairs and rooftop are full of these.

Loved all the pictures and i will show it to my Mother once i am back home. <3
    Preetilata recently posted…No Worry!My Profile

hitchy
    April 16, 2013 at 5:37 pm

Ofcourse N is for Nature 🙂

Lovely green colourful bright and fresh post 😀
    hitchy recently posted…N for NarkandaMy Profile

vanita
    April 16, 2013 at 6:44 pm

always love to see your pics sis. what kind of plant is in the 2nd picture?
    vanita recently posted…Bounce Rate Defined Series: Increase Blog SpeedMy Profile

Karen Jolly
    April 16, 2013 at 8:12 pm

Thank you Vidya – there is nothing like Nature to lift our spirits today! xo
    Karen Jolly recently posted…The Power of LoveMy Profile

Roshni
    April 16, 2013 at 10:06 pm

Beautiful quotes and images, Vidya!
    Roshni recently posted…Blogging from A to Z April Challenge: N is for …My Profile

Nandana
    April 16, 2013 at 10:31 pm

Such soothing shades of green and beautiful quotes to go with. Enjoyed reading it Vidya!
    Nandana recently posted…Nandana’s bookshelfMy Profile

janu
    April 16, 2013 at 10:38 pm

Beautiful pictures of your garden.

Sulekha
    April 17, 2013 at 12:42 am

You have a super green thumb unlike Me 🙂 loved your pictures and quotes.

Michael
    April 17, 2013 at 7:14 am

Love the Pictures! Nature is certainly a wonderful thing! I love taking pictures of Nature… Although I don’t blog about it, it’s still one favorite hobby of mine!

Nature is awesome!
    Michael recently posted…N is For NamesMy Profile

Suzy
    April 17, 2013 at 7:29 am

Loved your post and all the quotes. The last one – nature does not hurry was a nice reminder for me to be patient. Walking barefoot in the grass and connecting with nature is so exhilarating.
    Suzy recently posted…UBC 17 – AtoZ – Oriental BayMy Profile

sharmila
    April 17, 2013 at 10:30 am

Nature at its refreshing best,straight from your garden ..beautiful !
    sharmila recently posted…N—NanaMy Profile

Chandra Senan
    April 17, 2013 at 4:38 pm

Nice pictures Vidya (and nice sentiments and quotations too) but you are lucky to have any plants at all. I do realise people want to think happy thoughts and look at pretty pictures and hate to be a killjoy but the reality is far more disconcerting. Given the continuing horrendous weather and low levels of sunlight (at least in Europe) the planting season has been seriously jeopardised. Throw in dwindling bee numbers and pollination is in for a rough ride indeed. But before that can happen, plants need to photosynthesise and with precious little sunlight over the last 4 months, things don’t look good. The extended winter and non-existent spring will mean a truncated summer (if at all one materialises) and a brief growing season. This is inevitably going to translate into dwindling crop levels and rapidly disappearing stocks as the world has been consuming more food than it has been producing for the last 6 out of 11 preceding years. The quadruple whammy of extreme weather, water pollution and scarcity, inevitable food shortages and the burgeoning global population does not augur well for the inhabitants of terra firma.

Chandra Senan
    Literati Publishing

Terri Sonoda
    April 17, 2013 at 8:02 pm

Beautiful photos and post. Nature provides some of the most breath-taking beauty.
    Terri Sonoda recently posted…On the awesomeness of Tuesday and new book cover artMy Profile

Joy V. Smith
    April 18, 2013 at 9:56 am

I love your photos, but especially that plant with the blue leaves. What is it? (About the fifth one down.)

Joy V. Smith
    April 18, 2013 at 10:01 am

Oh, I meant to thank you for the quotes too.

G Angela
    April 18, 2013 at 12:50 pm

Beautiful Vidya ! Loved the picutes, and loved the quotes specially Kahlil Gibran is my favourite !