#AtoZChallenge

Universe Unfolds

Universe unfolds

Day 21 of the #AtoZChallenge brings us the letter U and it is U for Universe Unfolds. I’ve enjoyed several instances of reaching out to the universe and having it respond with the outcome I wished for. Okay, so you know what they say about being careful what you wish for! But call it the Law of Attraction, call it positive thinking, call it opening yourself to abundance…the fact is, the universe unfolds more often than not. That’s the truth. That’s my story anyway, and I am sticking with it!

Why do I believe the Universe unfolds?

Long long ago, when I was in the eleventh grade, our Physics Professor had a discussion with our class of 50 odd students where she convinced us that if we focus long enough with “sincerity” on someone or something, there was a very good chance we could manifest them. So, for example, if you were really keen on seeing a friend you haven’t met in a while, think about her or him and you would connect – and actually meet. We were so enchanted with the idea, we were all keen on experimenting with this. Sure enough, some of us claimed it was true.

universe unfolds 2

True or not, it taught us a great lesson where the takeaway is that focus is important in all we do. Over the years I’ve come to believe that we can manifest outcomes, the way we want things to turn out. Based on what we expect, the trick is to work backwards, and put in the appropriate effort. Take action that leads us to the result we want.

For example – if we want a dish to turn out a particular way, we plan for it, right? We make a list of the ingredients, take stock of what we have, make sure we get what we need and then follow a procedure.  As things are off to a good start, chances of the dish being what it is expected to be are very good.

The same concept could easily apply to our  thought process – where we engineer them to the result we want.  As I often like to say, happiness is a D.I.Y. project and when we focus our effort on actions that can lead to what we want – we’re placing ourselves in a position to get it.

This also reminds me of the prayer groups that gather with a focus. They put out a combined voice that speaks to the universe. And the universe unfolds just the way we want. Do you agree?  I remember when one of our neighbors was diagnosed with reduced kidney function and needed a transplant, we all prayed that she should find a match.  Then, we needed to raise the money for the surgery, the hospital expenses, and the aftercare for at least a year.

A group of us got together, then planned prayer meetings in our houses, in series. Oh, the bliss we experienced, praying together is something I can never forget. We focused. We prayed. We sought. Universe listened, responded. Today, that neighbor is doing just fine. I am not saying prayer alone helped, but it was like we collectively willed things to go well? And that’s a beautiful feeling.

I love how the universe unfolds.

Have you experienced something like that?  Would love to hear it!

universe unfolds 3

This is in Udupi. That is a stack of logs of wood – isn’t it beautiful?

Follow your bliss and the universe will open doors where there were only walls.
Joseph Campbell

A mind at peace, a mind centered and not focused on harming others, is stronger than any physical force in the universe.
Wayne Dyer

Once you make a decision, the universe conspires to make it happen.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

Music in the soul can be heard by the universe.
Lao Tzu

To the mind that is still, the whole universe surrenders.
Lao Tzu

#AtoZChallenge U

Today, I recommend

Bhavya’s Blog

Janaki Nagaraj’s Blog

Also, I am freaking out thinking that there are just five more alphabets before we pack up this year’s #AtoZChallenge! What about you?

******

Afshan
    April 24, 2013 at 10:11 am

Loved what Ralph waldo Emerson said. In my case things have fallen in place at times but some times out of place which I think may be is the way of universe to deal with me 🙂
    good day

Corinne Rodrigues
    April 24, 2013 at 10:34 am

The Law of Attraction has been working very well for me in the past seven years and I’m amazed at how powerful it really is!
    Corinne Rodrigues recently posted…Ubiquitous MeMy Profile

Pheno Menon
    April 24, 2013 at 10:54 am

As the book Secret mentions you want something will all your heart, the universe conspires to make it happen

PhenoMenon

Meena Menon
    April 24, 2013 at 12:25 pm

When you really want something to happen, the whole world conspires to help you achieve it….

Meena Menon recently posted…@UB City……My Profile

Suzy
    April 24, 2013 at 2:33 pm

Awesome post – I’m a firm believer in the law of attraction. About a month ago my project got cancelled and with that my contract ended. Usually I will frantically start the job hunt but this time I sent a prayer to the Universe – send me a job. And guess what last week I got a call from the same company – please come back!
    Suzy recently posted…UBC 24 – AtoZ – Up Where We BelongMy Profile

Bhavya
    April 24, 2013 at 4:02 pm

I do believe in the Law of Attraction and The Secret by Rhonda Byrne claims to be a very powerful book that will help you master this.
    Great post.
    Bhavya recently posted…UnionMy Profile

Kajal Kapur
    April 24, 2013 at 5:02 pm

I absolutely believe in the power of the Universe. I have personally experienced the power and I share the same with people I know and meet. Guess, there is a power within you and out that connects :))
    Kajal Kapur recently posted…Unique, just like everyone.My Profile

Simon
    April 24, 2013 at 5:05 pm

Great article, Vidya. It took me many years to eventually see the patterns in our lives that led to my own understanding of The Law of Attraction. I think once you see, you see it everywhere and then you wonder why you never saw it before!

Ruchira
    April 24, 2013 at 5:20 pm

The universe is like a mirror .. it gives you back what you give to it .. give it positivity … you will get positivity in your life … yes there is a law of attraction !
    Ruchira recently posted…U is for University Days !My Profile

Sheethal
    April 24, 2013 at 6:56 pm

I have heard lots of experiences like this. Guess its true. When you wish for something with all your heart and soul, you might get it! 🙂

Shilpa Garg
    April 24, 2013 at 7:00 pm

Truly believe in positive visualization – for achieving goals. The Secret also says..
    1. Ask for goal
    2. Have belief in yourself that you can achieve any goal
    3 Imagine or visualize that you have already achieved it!!… It truly works! 🙂
    Shilpa Garg recently posted…U is for… UsMy Profile

Carole Remy
    April 24, 2013 at 7:06 pm

Hi Vidya,

What a lovely post! Thank you!

For me, the Universe manifests abundance all the time, but not necessarily in the way I expected. If I want more money, I may get a lower expense. If I want more love in my life, I may meet a puppy I can help find a forever home. The key for me is to leave all the options open, and trust the Universe!

Hugs, hope you are having an awesome day!

Carole (MC from Melody’s blog)
    Carole Remy recently posted…Taoism and Erotica, Not as Strange a Mix as You Might Think #TBSUMy Profile

Jodi @ Heal Now
    April 24, 2013 at 8:05 pm

I have enjoyed your creativity through this process, Vidya! Love the photo of the udupi. So cool! You just find all the best things and bring them together! <3 Love you, sister!
    Jodi recently posted…Who Is In Your Corner, And How Do You Keep Them There?My Profile

Shannon
    April 24, 2013 at 8:40 pm

So beautiful and thought provoking thank you for sharing Vidya!

Shannon at I Survived and Now I Run
    Shannon recently posted…U Is For…UndertrainingMy Profile

janu
    April 24, 2013 at 8:44 pm

Absolutely! Thanks for recommending my blog.

Carolyn Hughes
    April 24, 2013 at 8:56 pm

I love this post Vidya. It reminds me to look outside of myself and my world and contemplate every the universe has to offer. Wonderful!
    Carolyn Hughes recently posted…Sanctuary of the soul.My Profile

Nandana
    April 24, 2013 at 10:19 pm

I truly liked this post, me being this totally jaded person. Positivism is truly a trait worth practicing. Thanks for sharing Vidya 🙂
    Nandana recently posted…Untitled – undecidedMy Profile

Elle
    April 25, 2013 at 1:57 am

Focus is what it’s all about Vidya. Focus on poverty and we need to help to manifest it…focus on abundance same thing. Keeping our focus on things that feel good is the way to live a truly happy life.

Love Elle
    xoxo
    Elle recently posted…Manifesting Everyday Miracles.My Profile

Elle
    April 25, 2013 at 1:57 am

I meant to say we need NO help in manifesting it.
    Woops.
    Elle recently posted…Manifesting Everyday Miracles.My Profile

Joy V. Smith
    April 25, 2013 at 8:31 am

Wonderful choice! And perfect illustration!! Beautiful tulips, along with the idea of their unfolding.
    Joy V. Smith recently posted…U is for unarmedMy Profile

Mauritius. Getaway for a Perfect Family Holiday - Vidya Sury
    April 27, 2014 at 10:01 am

[…] Or so a couple of friends who’ve been there tell me. So now we’ve told the Universe. […]