gratitude Reflections

Walking On Sunshine

Yes, I am walking on sunshine, even if it is raining where I live.

First off, a huge round of applause to all of you who contributed to the “Happiness is Celebrating with you” post. Each one’s take on happiness is just amazing and as I read the words, I found them very uplifting. As CJ, who commented today said “Very wise and mature definitions of happiness there! So nice to see these, and not just “when I get all the stuff I want” !”

A big yes! to that.

An award!

Even as the week progressed, I was honored with a blog award by a blogger I love – Michelle Wallace of Writer in Transit. Thank you, Michelle! We had the pleasure of connecting during the AtoZ Challenge. She introduced me to the “Celebrate the little things” linky from Viklit. I love her writing. She is also part of the Tree of Life Branching out collaborative writing challenge and went live on July 29 with her fabulous contribution. Oh yes, it is so good to know her!

A tip of the hat to the lovely Samantha Redstreake Geary who is literally orchestrating Audiomachine’s …with this collaborative fiction writing. And? we’re having fun with a marathon conversation on Facebook! Yes, there’s lots of coffee to go with it. Do check out the stories – you can win prizes for reading and commenting!

sisterhood-of-the-world-bloggers-awa[2]

A guest post at Write Tribe

Then, I had the privilege of writing a tutorial for 55 fiction at the Write Tribe blog, which encourages and motivates writers and bloggers with prompts, bloghops and linkups. When I suggested 55 fiction as a prompt to Corinne, she asked if I would “take the lead” And I jumped right in. How crazy if I did not participate in the 55 fiction prompt, right? I asked the participants to go with the prompt: Love or mystery. Here is my attempt: (Can never do one, you know!)

***

The Reunion

One of these days I should organize a party, and reconnect with my boyfriend, she thought. They were so close before they drifted apart last year.  Did he know she had met with an accident? It was time to call him. Just one thing bothered her. Was she in a coma or was she dead?

Sibling Love

So and Ya snuggled together. Space was tight but they managed comfortably – lifelong habit. Of late it had become difficult, though. It seemed like they were going through a perpetual earthquake with hardly a moment of stillness. They could sense constant movement. Was this the end?  So tough being soya beans in a pod. Sigh!

The Gold Rush

She ran as fast as she could but each time she thought she was ahead, they seemed to be gaining ground.  How could they? Didn’t she have an unbroken record as the sprint queen? She continued to run to avoid being overtaken. She coveted that medal.

Then she woke up. It was only a dream.

Drama Queen

Rita was agitated. “What is their problem with my decision? So what if I spend the rest of my life with another woman? When will people understand that love knows no gender?” she raged.  Exasperated, Sheila watched in silence. It wasn’t easy playing sister to an actor who insisted on an audience even while rehearsing.

***

Go ahead – give me feedback!

We’re also running two parallel collaborative stories on Write Tribe,  called Tribe Whispers thanks to Ayush Chauhan’s idea every alternate day, starting August 1. Details are at Write Tribe.

Best way to deal with temptation? Give in.

In the middle of work pressure and a sick kid at home, I somehow got tempted by the prompts for August’s photo a day Challenge from Fat Mum Slim and am participating on Coffee With Mi. Obviously I have no resistance when it comes to photos. Drop by when you can!

An announcement – the celebration continues…

Next Thursday, August 8, I plan to publish a post with a compilation of my blogger-friends’ books. I’ve requested them to answer the question: “What is the one thing you want to be remembered for?”. The answers I’ve received so far are wonderful and I am pretty sure some tears will be shed as I put the post together.

If you have written a book/know someone who has written an uplifting book, let me know. Along with your answer to this question: “What is the one thing you want to be remembered for”.

No book? No problem. Answer the question anyway! And join me again to celebrate together. I look forward to your answers.

See ya on Sunday – I am being bombarded on all sides with Friendship Day messages….and am loving it.
Don’t forget to send me your answer to the question! (Comment, email)

Aditi
    August 3, 2013 at 2:10 am

Oh Dear Vidya what can I say…guess m your latest fan!!

Firstly, “Happiness is Celebrating with you” was a fantastic idea and oodles of thanks for featuring me (tops) 🙂

So much is happening out here, in this beautiful blogging world…i just want to bask in all the good reads!!

Wonderful 55iers..esp the SoYa one..so witty! 😀
    I’ll definitely try out this 55 fiction…add to the list of all the new things I’m trying this month!

All the best for the many contests and yes FMSPhotoaday will be all the more fun with you now!!

“What is the one thing you want to be remembered for?”
    Hmmmm…deep introspection this one requires….million things running in my head…will come back to this q soon.

*Love*
    Aditi recently posted…The Incomplete LetterMy Profile

Mary Stephenson
    August 3, 2013 at 5:25 am

Hi Vidya

In answer to your question of what do I want to be remembered for. Well, that is a work in progress. For sure, a compassion for understanding, but also would like to be able to do a lot of other things if I can financially do so. Making a difference in many ways is a goal yet to be achieved. The more I learn the more I understand what I personally need to do. I think we each have to find our own answers that feels right to us. Being restless means a change is a coming and that is the way I have been feeling for many months now.

Mary
    Mary Stephenson recently posted…Demolition of a LandmarkMy Profile

Suzy
    August 3, 2013 at 6:18 am

Loved the sibling love – nice humour there. You are a master at the 55thingy. Thanks for this prompt
    Suzy recently posted…Cherished LoveMy Profile

Ken Wert@MeanttobeHappy
    August 3, 2013 at 7:02 am

It was a great post, Vidya! I also loved reading all the definitions of happiness.

I’ve compiled a couple books and definitely will write at least one book on my own and have written most of a book or two that were never published.

But I think what I want to be remembered for even more than being an influential teacher that touched and transformed lives, more than being a decent guy, more than an extension of my blog and a revolutionary happiness movement instigator, more than any particular book or books or even for my ideas, I want most to be remembered by my family as a good dad.
    Ken Wert recently posted…Is Honesty Really the Best Policy? (Challenge #2)My Profile

Kathy
    August 3, 2013 at 9:51 am

I have really enjoyed learning about and attempting my first ever 55 fiction. You have had quite the amazing week.
    Kathy recently posted…FoundMy Profile

August 3, 2013 at 10:40 am

Thank you so much, Kathy! I loved your 55-fiction posts! 🙂 I think you’re going to be hooked!

So happy you came by today! Have a wonderful weekend!

Shilpa Garg
    August 3, 2013 at 4:30 pm

Wow!! So many 55ers!! Loved the Drama Queen and Sibling Love 🙂
    Shilpa Garg recently posted…Chapter 2 : The Dream I Dream…My Profile

jaishvats
    August 3, 2013 at 6:51 pm

The first 55 fiction was best of all Vista. Authoring a book is my dream and for now that’s what it is , a dream ! Sigh ! 🙂
    jaishvats recently posted…Happy Senses – 2My Profile

Vaisakh Venugopal
    August 3, 2013 at 8:12 pm

Wow! It’s raining 55’s here! Good ones.. I liked the Drama queen the best..:)
    Not sure if I counted wrong, but I think the Sibling love is one word short. Or is exact 55 not a requirement? 😐
    Vaisakh Venugopal recently posted…Pain and gainMy Profile

August 3, 2013 at 8:44 pm

Vaisakh! Thank you. And double thanks for noticing that. I swear I counted several times. I suspect that I must have edited it while writing the post. And now, again, thanks to you, I’ve 55-ed it 😀

Kathy
    August 4, 2013 at 7:22 am

I loved your 55 fiction. All of your stories were brilliant!! I loved the twists and turns. Reading others work really helps me to expand my horizons as a writer and try different scenarios.

Kathy
    Kathy recently posted…FoundMy Profile

Deepti Thomas
    August 4, 2013 at 3:08 pm

Vidya… U are a gem!!! I loved them all!!!
    Deepti Thomas recently posted…Strangers: Net palsMy Profile

Betsy/Zen Mama
    August 4, 2013 at 7:00 pm

Vidya,
    I love your fiction! You are having so much fun!!
    Looking forward to seeing more. I’ll head over and read your guest post.
    xoxo
    Betsy
    Betsy/Zen Mama recently posted…Are You A Validator?My Profile

Elle
    August 5, 2013 at 4:30 am

Nobody does it better dear Vidya. As Betsy says, it sounds as if you’re having a blast.
    Now I want a longer story! 🙂

e-hugs
    Elle
    Elle recently posted…Simple Ways To Weather Life’s StormsMy Profile

Brandy
    August 5, 2013 at 9:01 am

Lovely, informative, full of funky cool things post! Good luck with all of your projects!
    Brandy recently posted…Celebrate the Small Things (Aug 2 – a couple days late)My Profile

Shail
    August 5, 2013 at 11:09 am

Brilliant all three of them. 🙂 I loved the Gold Rush especially.
    Shail recently posted…The reasonMy Profile

Bhavya
    August 5, 2013 at 3:11 pm

Except for that boyfriend wala story, all your other stories seem like you’re talking about me! :O Are you spying on me? O.o
    Bhavya recently posted…Loving a PranksterMy Profile

kebhari
    August 5, 2013 at 4:38 pm

Very interesting & thoughtful initiative! Lovely article! Thanks for sharing:)

ruchira
    August 5, 2013 at 8:27 pm

I agree that happiness blog was awesome when compiled and all the essentials of life fitted in so well even though it was from different individuals.

My take on ““What is the one thing you want to be remembered for?”.
    My Authenticity
    ruchira recently posted…Bollywood Movie Review—Yeh Jawaani Hai Diwani (YJHD)My Profile

Tina Downey
    August 7, 2013 at 9:44 pm

Wow, you pack a lot into a post 😉 Loved your 55’s, especially the twists at the end. Really well done!
    Tina @ Life is Good
    Tina Downey recently posted…IWSG: Feeling Great: Tree of Life Collaboration!My Profile

Ruch
    August 9, 2013 at 10:47 am

I simply loved your tutorial Vidya.
    I love the soya 55er the best. I really couldn’t guess till the end !
    Ruch recently posted…Age No Bar – 55 Fiction !My Profile

Richa Singh
    August 11, 2013 at 3:03 pm

I loved all the 55ers. My personal favourite was the drama queen one. It had an unexpected end really.. You are such a pro at this!
    Richa Singh recently posted…Love and Mystery- 55 fiction!My Profile

Diana Pinto
    August 14, 2013 at 12:29 pm

Enjoyed all the 55ers but loved the Reunion and sibling love the most.The tutorial was great Vidya and enjoyed participating for the first time.

vishalbheeroo
    August 14, 2013 at 2:11 pm

Enjoyed reading ur post:)
    Cheerz