relationships

Unconditional Love

Letting Go Vidya Sury Holding On

I am sad today.

Saying goodbye to someone you love, or something you love is never easy.

Letting go is the hardest thing to do.

But we have to, sometimes.

Today I said goodbye to my scooter, my Honda Activa that I’ve enjoyed and cherished for eleven years. I still remember the day I bought it and rode it home. The memories of all the times I’ve zoomed off on it are fresh, happy. I sobbed when the buyer rode it away, just as I sobbed over my first and second scooter. Sigh. I feel a solid rant – a sad post coming up here tomorrow.

So you know where these 55-ers are coming from.

Unconditional love 1 Honda Activa

I loved him deeply. I still do. Not everyone understood my attachment to him. We shared the most loving relationship. He never questioned my motives when I went out. He was always ready to accompany me and never once objected to our destination. He made sure I was home safe. But now, he’s gone. Forever.

I am sad to think I’ll never grab my helmet and zoom off again

unconditional love

Unconditional Love 2 Kinetic Honda

I fell in love, unexpectedly. I had admired him from afar, convinced it was a match made in heaven. I couldn’t believe my luck when he became mine. Dark, handsome, always well groomed. Then one day, he left me. A month later I saw him. My heart sang to see he was in good hands.

Unconditional Love 3 – Mom

Vita was pleased to see the table was set with her favorite dishes. Her Mother’s thoughtfulness never failed to touch her heart. No matter how tired, or how busy she was, she made sure she ate well and on time. The doorbell woke her up. She sighed, cried. It was her Mom’s fourth anniversary today.

Today’s prompt for Day 6 of the 7-Day Write Tribe Festival of Words -3 is “55 fiction”

love endures

Corinne Rodrigues
    March 7, 2014 at 10:34 pm

Hugs…so many memories attached to that fellow! I’m sure he’s gone to the person who needs him now! Hugs!
    Corinne Rodrigues recently posted…Queen of My Own LifeMy Profile

A Walk into the Woods
    March 7, 2014 at 10:59 pm

That were sweet writings, Vidya..
    All the three.
    So, now that u have given up ur bike, how do u commute?
    A Walk into the Woods recently posted…Unveiling the ‘dis-married’ on Women’s DayMy Profile

Eli
    March 7, 2014 at 11:30 pm

Yes, very true, sometimes we have to let go, and that can be hard..:-) Very nicely written Vidya, I enjoyed it:-)
    Eli recently posted…Once upon an ancient timeMy Profile

Pixie
    March 7, 2014 at 11:31 pm

Awww! Hugs Vidya!!

So many precious memories… Hugs!

Richa Singh
    March 8, 2014 at 12:13 am

As I had expressed it earlier too. There are soo many memories that we attach to such things. And your 55er (the first two) accentuated that point 🙂
    Richa Singh recently posted…Do we need a women’s day?My Profile

Jyotsna Bhatia
    March 8, 2014 at 12:56 am

Super 55ers !! The last one was amazing !!
    Jyotsna Bhatia recently posted…Beast In The CageMy Profile

Kathy Combs
    March 8, 2014 at 1:12 am

So many lovely memories for you to treasure forever! Don’t be sad. HUGS! ♥
    Kathy Combs recently posted…Winter’s NapMy Profile

Proactive Indian
    March 8, 2014 at 5:00 am

I remember reading that the Kinetic Honda empowered women in India because many more women started riding 2-wheelers (Kinetic Hondas) due to 2 features: automatic transmission and, much more importantly, electric start (as opposed to kick start). Wikipedia mentions that the Kinetic Honda was the ‘first in India (to have these features) when it was launched (in 1984), and the only in India until the late 1990s.’
    Proactive Indian recently posted…Rules are for the ruled, not for rulersMy Profile

Kajal
    March 8, 2014 at 7:47 am

I think letting go can never be easy…but now that he’s away am sure he’ll be of use to someone else who needs it too and can grow fond memories with 🙂
    Kajal recently posted…Movie Review: QueenMy Profile

Beloo Mehra
    March 8, 2014 at 11:22 am

I like the part about someone neither questioning your motive when you go out nor objecting to the destination! But why do you say it was a “he”? 🙂 Such unquestioning support and love has to come from a “she”, no? 😉
    Beloo Mehra recently posted…Die I mustMy Profile

March 8, 2014 at 11:29 am

Beloo! of course you are absolutely right!:) For some reason I always think of my motorcycle/scooter as a “he”. And yes, I was talking of the scooter I sold yesterday.

But I am blessed that I have men friends who are as supportive as my women friends!
      Vidya Sury recently posted…Inspiring Stories. They Inspire MeMy Profile

Aditi
    March 8, 2014 at 3:35 pm

Awww….I know it must be hard but you have the memories of so many good and adventurous years with your scooter no? Tk cre…
    Aditi recently posted…Am I asking for too much?My Profile

vanita
    March 8, 2014 at 3:57 pm

sorry he’s gone sis but of course you’ll always have great memories. and hey! now’s the chance to become reattached to your camera, right? I miss all the lovely pics from your travels.
    vanita recently posted…Free Stock Photos That Could Have Cost $1000My Profile

obsessivemom
    March 8, 2014 at 8:38 pm

Aww.. such sad ones today Vidya. But can so empathise. Love the ‘well groomed’ bit 🙂
    obsessivemom recently posted…Happy birthdayMy Profile

Vishal Bheeroo
    March 8, 2014 at 8:46 pm

I swear, Vidya…I parted with so much pain..still miss ma loyal friend, honda marvel

Carolyn Hughes
    March 9, 2014 at 3:05 am

It’s hard to let go of something we love. Sending you hugs and love Vidya!
    Carolyn Hughes recently posted…Love your life.My Profile

Psych Babbler
    March 9, 2014 at 4:06 pm

It’s hard to let go…and in case of things, it’s the memories attached to it than the object itself I suppose. Nice 55-ers Vidya!
    Psych Babbler recently posted…55 Fiction: The MessageMy Profile

Cher
    March 10, 2014 at 8:45 pm

i absolutely love the way you write, Vidya! So sorry for your “loss”!
    Cher recently posted…Build Alan’s Larder CabinetMy Profile

Shailaja V
    March 12, 2014 at 12:36 pm

I echo those sentiments, Vidya. Letting go of an ‘inanimate’ object is as hard as letting go of a loved one. Beautiful work, all three of them.
    Shailaja V recently posted…The Importance of being IdleMy Profile

Sulekha
    March 14, 2014 at 9:24 pm

Heartbreaking posts about your love 🙂 Scooter or person, sentiments don’t discriminate. Hugs