I know. Day 20 of the Blogging from A to Z Challenge and just six days to go – and here I am already talking about taking a break. You know what they say – fail to plan and you plan to fail. So, even as you are planning to wrap it all up / sitting pretty with all your posts ready / freaking out over how to tide over another week, here are twenty ways to take a break. Hey, I am talking about short breaks that will cool your mind and help you relax – call it an instant energy boost if you like. So here we go:
Twenty ways to Take a Break
- Take deep belly breaths. I swear this works. Ask my physiotherapist friend. Or ask any physiotherapist.
- Take a sheet of paper and a pen and write a page. About anything. Free write. Offload what’s on your mind. Doesn’t have to make sense. Who knows, a post might come out of it! If you like variation like me, write with the hand you usually don’t use to write.
- Take a quick walk. Just grab your keys and go. Walk to the end of the street. Make sure you walk for ten minutes. Enjoy a nature walk!
- Take a leisurely walk with your camera and get photos of anything that appeals to you.
- Take something. Anything. And see it with new eyes. A different perspective.
- Turn off everything. Celebrate Earth Day even when it is not Earth Day.
- Tune in to your favorite song. Listen to each word
- Try meditating for ten minutes.
- Take a coffee break. I am rather accomplished at this. I walk into my kitchen and set the milk on the stove. Even as it is heating, I add cinnamon powder to a large mug. Then splash some coffee decoction into it. I stir it, unlike 007 who prefers shaken, not stirred. Then I add the milk from a height so I can froth it up. I carry my mug to my favorite chair and settle down to enjoy my coffee, sip by sip. As I sip, I let my mind wander where it wants. Yes, coffee time is precious!
- Take a book. Read a few pages.
- Take in a comedy show on tv and laugh your guts out.
- Thank someone, appreciate them for something. Or just compliment them.
- Let go of something. Nothing to let go of? Go out, buy a few balloons and let go of them! Feel the freedom!
- Take in the fragrance of your favorite perfume.
- Try something new – something you have never done before. Something simple. Attempt a poem. Write 55 fiction. Compose a haiku or a song. Write a love letter!
- Take in the sights around you. See that tree? Try describing it in your mind. Notice every little thing – the texture, the color, its height…
- Take a nap. A power nap to regroup your energies.
- Go buy some flowers and gift them to someone. Anyone. Even a stranger maybe.
- Go to a children’s’ park and listen to the laughter and other sounds.
- Take a moment to appreciate yourself. Because you are awesome, especially when you smile.
See? That’s 20 ways! I kept it short and simple.
Can you add to the list?
Thank you for your presence here today!
Where shall we go today?
Carrie-Ann Foster That Dizzy Chick
Visit the A to Z Challenge signup list and pick a random blog between serial nos.488 and 502 and visit!