Reflections

How Are You Investing Your Time?

manifesting vidya sury time

Yes, work is important, especially if it brings home the bread and butter. Everything else is a bonus.

The super-rich will claim that money is not important. Naturally, as they have lots of it, know the best place to buy gold & silver bullion to invest into, so they can always have more from where it came from.

Most of us have to work hard to feed ourselves, our families and those we support.

But then, work is not the most important thing.

What is more important is family, friends and those we interact with. And investing our time in these relationships.

time

So the next time you see yourself freaking out over a meeting that is coming up, or a work emergency that never ends, pause to think.

What message are you sending?

Ponder.

Think about what truly matters and make it a point to invest your time lovingly in those things.

time

Investing my time wisely

It is what I am doing right now.

I am letting go of the pressure to keep up and doing those things I enjoy…things that make me happy.

I do the work I love.

I say NO when I can’t…or at least I try really hard!

That’s all for today.

And today’s affirmation:

time

It is all about adding value to life and making the years count, rather than counting the years.

It is about prioritizing and nurturing yourself.

What about you?

How are you investing your time?

Are you investing it wisely?

Day 30 of the Ultimate Blogging Challenge July 2014

BlogHer’s NaBloPoMo July 2014

Adam
    July 31, 2014 at 3:13 am

Such wise words. Whilst money is important, it isn’t everything. We need money to meet our WANTS – of course. But refining and being mindful of our WANTS not only saves us money, but is a path to happiness.

Money comes and goes, while time only ever passes. How we spend our time is far more important than how we spend our money.
    Adam recently posted…What is Confidence?My Profile

Corinne Rodrigues
    July 31, 2014 at 7:21 am

You know how much I love this concept, don’t you? 🙂 I’m trying to be wise in my old age and make the right investments!
    Corinne Rodrigues recently posted…What Would You Do If You Weren’t Afraid?My Profile

Shalini
    July 31, 2014 at 10:50 am

Beautiful words, Vidya 🙂 I’m right nw taking a break from work. Relaxing since five days 🙂
    Shalini recently posted…Fiery Chicken RoastMy Profile

Kajal
    July 31, 2014 at 1:05 pm

How am I investing? Well I do digress but I try not too much and keep coming backt o my center…Thanks for the reminder 🙂
    Kajal recently posted…The KeyMy Profile

Suzy
    July 31, 2014 at 1:47 pm

Simple but very wise words. How do I invest. When at work – work, when at home – play.
    Suzy recently posted…UBC Jul 30 – ModerationMy Profile

Michelle Liew
    July 31, 2014 at 6:16 pm

Vid ya, you’ve said it. The important things are sacrificed because of need. it’s sad.
    Michelle Liew recently posted…Diluting the Poison PenMy Profile

richmiraclefiles
    July 31, 2014 at 8:00 pm

Hi Vidya,
    That’s a thought provoking insight.
    we usually do not take out time for this reflection; at least not very much.
    We need to.
    Because is a slippery ,invisible master.
    When will that day arrive where we will suddenly feel inspired to thank the Heavens for invaluable gifts?

Today is the day for that inspiration.Now is the moment.

Every sunrise and every sunset we travel through on your Earthly journey is a milestone for thanksgiving.

We need to be generous and prompt with our silent gratitude.At least a fwe times.
    Thanks
    Mona
    richmiraclefiles recently posted…Hungry For Praise;Grabbing The Emblazoned CoinMy Profile

Proactive Indian
    August 5, 2014 at 4:27 pm

I try to attend to the immediate priority without being distracted by other matters. So, I may work on a Sunday and may spend the larger part of a weekday on personal matters. Of course, this is possible for self-employed people.

“The super-rich will claim that money is not important.” I recall a prosperous family friend telling me this when I was about 17. I replied with a smile that I’ll decide for myself after making money myself!
    Proactive Indian recently posted…Cutting a watermelon: a lesson learntMy Profile

August 5, 2014 at 4:51 pm

🙂 I do the same, Pro.

So are you super-rich now? 😀 Thank you for stopping by. What have you been up to? (Email)
      Vidya Sury recently posted…From My Gratitude JournalMy Profile