Encouragement Inspiring quotes

Inspiring Quotes On Life

inspiring quotes on life

Right now, I could do with all the pep-talking I could get. I feel pretty low – emotionally and physically. I am fighting a tummy bug as I am trying to cope with the sadness that seems to have settled at our place, temporarily. Life WILL go on, we will accept the way life is. Because, you see, nature intended us to move on. And as humans, we have the wonderful innate ability to filter the good parts and allow them to fuel us as we stumble on.

My love for inspiring quotes started during my childhood when my Mom would leave little notes of encouragement all over the place. I confess I follow her habit with my son and am always rewarded with a positive response.

Over the years, I have built such a huge repository of inspiring quotes that I never lack for motivation and positive affirmations.

Today, I felt the need to spend some time with these wise words and I’d like to share some of them with you.

Inspiring quotes on life

Do one thing every day that scares you. ― Eleanor Roosevelt

If the facts don’t fit the theory, change the facts. – Albert Einstein

That which doesn’t kill us makes us stronger  – Friedrich Nietzsche

I can’t change the direction of the wind, but I can adjust my sails to always reach my destination. – Jimmy Dean

inspiring quotes on life

Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn’t do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover – Mark Twain.

Don’t judge each day by the harvest you reap but by the seeds you plant – Robert Louis Stevenson.

Too many people spend money they haven’t earned, to buy things they don’t want, to impress people they don’t like – Will Rogers.

Pain is inevitable. Suffering is optional – Anony-mouse.

inspiring quotes on life

Life is not about kissing a**, it’s about kicking a**!

The price of anything is the amount of life you exchange for it – Henry David Thoreau. (I love this one!)

When one door closes, another opens; but we often look so long and so regretfully upon the closed door that we do not see the one which has opened for us – Alexander Graham Bell.

Be smart enough to hold on, be brave enough to let go

inspiring quotes on life

You are who you are and what you are because of what has gone into your mind. You can change who you are and what you are by changing what goes into your mind – Zig Ziglar

In the end, it’s not the years in your life that count. It’s the life in your years. ~ Abraham Lincoln

and I must end with the Serenity Prayer….

God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change,
the courage to change the things I can,
and the wisdom to know the difference

inspiring quotes on life

If like me, you enjoy quotes, here are 20 great quotes about writing

Have a great weekend. ♥

Proactive Indian
    September 14, 2014 at 10:13 am

Superb quotes!
    I particularly liked ‘…Let them go’ and those by R.L. Stevenson and Alexander Graham Bell.
    Proactive Indian recently posted…A twist in the tale!My Profile

Kaarina Dillabough
    September 14, 2014 at 7:52 pm

Ah my dear friend, we seem to be on a similar wavelength right now:( Lovely quotes and excellent reminders that there is always light at the end of the tunnel, even on the darkest days. Much love, Kaarina
    Kaarina Dillabough recently posted…Begin with the End In Mind and Play the What-If GameMy Profile

Raghib Ahmed
    September 14, 2014 at 8:58 pm

So many great motivational reminders here. Thanks for sharing Vidya 🙂

My Inner Chick
    September 14, 2014 at 9:12 pm

LOVE Rumi!
    Love you more than black eyed susans’ in September.
    XX Love flowing from here to there, dear.
    My Inner Chick recently posted…16 Things I Really, Really DigMy Profile

September 15, 2014 at 10:23 am

I love Rumi too, Kim! Hugs and love you more than the frangipani garden near our place!
      Vidya Sury recently posted…Ghati Subramanya TempleMy Profile

Roland Yeomans
    September 15, 2014 at 1:58 am

Vidya, I think depression lurks in the shadows for us all and comes at the whisper of its name. The light of laughter seems to work for me. I pray you find the way brighter and easier this new week.

Thanks for the great quote. I used the Thoreau quote in one of my first books. 🙂
    Roland Yeomans recently posted…NEVER TELL ME THE ODDSMy Profile

September 15, 2014 at 10:20 am

Thank you Roland. And welcome.
      Yes you are right. I rely on laughter most of the time, but sometimes, it takes a little more effort to realize it. Glad you are here today!
      Vidya Sury recently posted…Ghati Subramanya TempleMy Profile

Aditi
    September 15, 2014 at 4:39 pm

Hope you are feeling better Vidya! Love Rumi’s quote and Abraham Lincoln’s Life quote! 🙂
    Aditi recently posted…Three in a RowMy Profile

Sebastian Aiden Daniels
    September 16, 2014 at 5:18 am

I love myself some quotes too. I hope you are feeling better. I send positive vibes your way regardless and send a hug to you. Sometimes you just have to feel sad and embrace it because you are right that it tends to pass just as all things in life do. Without sadness, we wouldn’t know how awesome happiness is.

I’ll pin this for you my friend.
    Sebastian Aiden Daniels recently posted…7 Thought Provoking Things From The Movie Fight ClubMy Profile

September 17, 2014 at 12:29 am

I love your quotes and they are always great to read. My mom loved them also and she had one which i love…”It is better to walk with an angel through hell than with the devil through paradise”
    Birgit recently posted…Lauren Bacall-Part 3 on my listMy Profile

September 17, 2014 at 12:33 am

Oh, I love that one, Birgit! Thanks for reminding me. 🙂 One of my all-time favorites is: “There is a special place in hell for women who won’t help other women” Hugs!
      Vidya Sury recently posted…Saying Thanks #GratitudeMy Profile