Inspiration

Do you believe?

I am sure each one of us, at some point or other, hesitated to take that step towards being who we want to be. What stopped us?What came in the way?

Fear of not being good enough?

The knowledge that we have it in us to achieve what we aspire for, but allowing our inner critic to take over and squash our enthusiasm?

I know I’ve felt that way and the only way I got over those feelings was to – believe.  When I started my sales career, one of the things that helped tremendously was the superb training sessions we were put through. These polished and fine tuned our attitude, making us realize we can achieve anything we aspire to do.

Being who you want to may not be as difficult as you think.

Recently, I received a wonderful email that listed 25 questions, a sort of test to help us look within us, understand ourselves a little more and get a grip on what we truly believe.

I want to share them with you today. I urge you to read these questions and answer them in your mind.

1. Do you believe that attitude is a little thing that makes a big difference?
  2. Do you believe that we miss 100% of the shots we don’t take?
  3. Do you believe that our aspirations are our possibilities?
  4. Do you believe that Companies Don’t Succeed…People Do?
  5. Do you believe that we make a living by what we get, but we make a life by what we give?
  6. Do you believe that those who bring sunshine into the lives of others cannot keep it from themselves?
  7. Do you believe that many times… less can be more?
  8. Do you believe that in the middle of every difficulty comes opportunity?
  9. Do you believe that you’re always one choice away from changing your life?
  10. Do you believe that when you’ve done your best you can wait the results in peace?
  11. Do you believe that sometimes in the winds of change we can find our true direction?
  12. Do you believe that laughter is sunshine in any life?
  13. Do you believe that the most important things in life aren’t things?
  14. Do you believe that a leader’s job is to look into the future and see the organization not as it is, but… as it can be?
  15. Do you believe if you throw your heart over the fence, the rest will follow?
  16. Do you believe that customer service is not a department… it’s an attitude?
  17. Do you believe that the price of leadership is responsibility?
  18. Do you believe if you change your thoughts you can change the world?
  19. Do you believe you can burn brightly without burning out?
  20. Do you believe that the greatest management principle in the world is… the things that get rewarded and appreciated get done?
  21. Do you believe that after the verb to love… to help is the most beautiful verb in the world?
  22. Do you believe that whether you think you can, or you can’t… you’re right?
  23. Do you believe that gratitude can change your life?
  24. Do you believe that its not the things you get but the hearts you touch that will determine your success in life?
  25. Do you believe that if you teach your child the Golden Rule, you will have left an estate of incalculable value?

Did you answer the questions?

How many Yeses? Which questions touched you the most?

I’d love to know in the comments! ♥

P.S. – These questions were framed by Matt Wellings, founder of Breakthrough Coaching.

do you believe vidya sury 2

Kathy S Combs
    November 19, 2014 at 12:13 am

I have really struggled lately with my writing and going forward after a really mean rejection letter. It cut me to the quick…but I have moved on. For the first time in what seems like forever, I am happily writing again, happily doing my art, and not letting the haters to steal my joy. My inner voice of doubt has held me back for years…and I just need to let it go and dare to dream again. Thank you for this post.
    Kathy S Combs recently posted…Cold HaikuMy Profile

November 19, 2014 at 11:02 am

Kathy, first, Hugs!
      Rejection letters don’t mean a thing. 🙂 Some of our superstars and really famous people started off with a string of rejections. Imagine what would have happened if they had not persisted.
      I have news for you: You probably already know it, but You, dear girl, are an amazing writer. You have the ability to continuously write fantastic posts – be it verse or fiction or just fun stuff. You are so talented. Don’t ever let someone else steal your shine! It is very hard to please every one and opinions are after all, individual.

Hugs! Just keep rocking!
      Vidya Sury recently posted…Inching Towards That GoalMy Profile

vinay kumar
    November 20, 2014 at 3:52 am

Grammatically you may be right but verbally I think not. Noun!Apposition?

RSVP!

November 21, 2014 at 5:52 am

Attitude is the key. Laughter helps and less is more. These statements you have here are so true and these 3 resonated with me. It is harder to do than say it but we must continue to say it so we can live it.
    Birgit recently posted…White means purity….I was this onceMy Profile

Proactive Indian
    November 21, 2014 at 8:58 pm

22 Yeses.
    All are great! But, “16.Do you believe that customer service is not a department… it’s an attitude?” is something many people don’t understand. Unfortunately, they think that it’s sufficient to have systems in place.
    Proactive Indian recently posted…Law-enforcers and law-makers, or law-breakers?My Profile

Sanch @ Living my Imperfect Life
    November 22, 2014 at 12:16 pm

This is such a timely post for me to read Vidya…I think we all go through self-doubt and we need reminders like this. I do believe attitude is important as is laughter.
    Sanch recently posted…JumpedMy Profile

Kathy @ SMART Living 365.com
    November 24, 2014 at 3:37 am

What a cute way to make a bunch of my favorite quote questions!! I think the one that stands out for me today is the one about gratitude #21 because since the first of the month I have been doing a gratitude challenge and YES–it always changes my life for the better. Thanks for ALL these great reminders! ~Kathy
    Kathy recently posted…Grateful For The Little ThingsMy Profile

Rosanne
    November 24, 2014 at 10:58 pm

What a great list, I think the ones that stand out for me are 7,12 and 13.
    I do believe we all have too many things

Nicole
    November 26, 2014 at 2:07 am

Very nice! No 8 always resonates with me. I always try to understand the lessons I can learn from a negative or difficult situation. Thank you.