Or why you should trust the Universe
Or why you should expect good things
Or..why it is okay to sometimes procrastinate
Hmm. Here’s the thing.
When I applied for BlogAdda’s Create Fearlessly campaign I had no idea what to expect. I had no idea if I would be chosen. When they wrote to me to say I was, I was thrilled. They didn’t tell me what I was going to receive and kept it mysterious right up to the point when my doorbell rang!
Of course I wished for the Oven. Because I need one.
Clearly Universe was listening!
Then, what a pleasant surprise it was to see not one but two packages!
One BIG one – I hadn’t dared to expect it, but now that it is here – I am welcoming it with…open arms. An OTG. An Oven toaster griller.
The Hamilton Beach Countertop Oven with Convection & Rotisserie MODEL: 31103-IN
One I had been planning to buy for a while now, but as usual stalled. And what a good thing that turned out to be!
I was happy to see the second package too – the Hamilton Beach Hand Blender MODEL:59769-IN – and I decided to opened this first! I was thinking chocolate mousse as I opened it – and I hoped I can say goodbye to the manual beater forever once I got this going!
Here’s the unboxing video. My first video for this blog! Okay second! And special thanks to Sury for helping me out! Bear with the boo-boos. I had one false start when I cut my finger and then got on with it. Talk about Creating fearlessly!
Hamilton Beach Hand Blender (59769-IN) – Unboxing
- Powerful 600 watts motor for superior performance
- One tool for multiple jobs: blend, mix, whip, puree and chop
- Stainless steel housing, shaft and blades
- Premium rubberized spray finish
- Ergonomic design for comfortable daily use
- 2 speeds with variable speed and Turbo
- Includes power stick blending wand, whisk, chopping bowl with lid, mixing cup with lid and wall mount
Okay, here’s take 2
Built to Blend, mix, whip, puree and chop with one tool
Good Thinking® indeed.
Let me show you what was in the box now
(Thanks Vidur for being the best ever cameraman!)
Isn’t it stylish?
I tried the chopper first – because I was eager to see how it works. And believe me, I fell in love. See – one of my staples as a diabetic is salads. While I don’t default on eating it – I have to admit that I feel a wee bit lazy to chop up my salad quota for the day. I have to say that I was floored at what the chopper did! Take a look!
Cool eh? I went a little berserk and chopped up capsicum (bell peppers), carrot and – don’t laugh – cucumber too!
Can you imagine the possibilities? I am freaking out here! Sigh. Expect me to wax on poetic about this marvelous appliance!
Next, because Vidur was being so patient, it was only fair to reward him. I decided to make chocolate mousse – something he loves. This is a super-easy recipe that calls for half a cup of heavy cream, one heaped tablespoon of unsweetened cocoa powder and maybe 3 teaspoons of sugar – depending on how sweet you like it. After settling it in cups, the whipped cream topping with choco chips is optional. Vidur tells me not to bother whipping the cream – tastes good enough just as it is! And oh, after I spooned the mousse into cups, I added half a cup of milk to the jar and whisked it again to make some chocolate milk shake and also clean it in the process!
Here’s the video using the hand blender’s whisk. I wasn’t sure whether to use the blender attachment or the whisk – but hey – the whisk worked!
I am happy to say Vidur was pleased.
I made a quick healthy lentil snack with the blender attachment
And it is 3 cheers for the Hamilton Beach Hand Blender!
Please stay tuned for the follow up post on the #CreateFearlessly activity where I’ll be talking about the Oven. So excited!
- The videos were done in a single take. Yes, Sury freaked out because there I was, yapping away and well, there was nothing he could do about it.
- Vidur was full of admiration that I never rehearse – talk about a staunch cheerleader!
- The first thing about the Create Fearlessly campaign was – creating the videos. I admit I was nervous when I thought about it. But I wasn’t nervous while doing it.
- I am amazed I didn’t giggle through the whole thing – because I have a crazy habit of laughing uncontrollably the moment I am in front of the camera. I know, weird right?
- I didn’t add special audio / music as I figured natural was best, bloopers and all!
- I thought I’d merge the videos – but figured shorter clips are more fun to watch. What do you think?
- Confession – I didn’t “play back” the videos. Blush!
And? Feedback is welcome! Yes I know the videos have elbows and other unnecessary things I should have cropped – but I thought, hey, my readers are my friends!