I’ve been wanting to watch the Shah Rukh Khan-Alia Bhatt starrer, Dear Zindagi ever since it came in the theaters. What with one thing or other, I didn’t get around to seeing it. When I saw an ad on Zee Cinema TV channel today about its World Television Premiere on 23 April at 12 noon, I jumped with joy! Ideal for me–to watch it in the comfort of my couch! I’ll be sure to ensure that lunch is ready well in time so I can catch the entire film.
But why the excitement? Let me give you 7 reasons to watch Dear Zindagi with me!
- For one thing, I read that the movie is a refreshing take on life and relationships that is very different from the usual stereotype-hype Bollywood.
- I like Shah Rukh Khan.
- I like Alia Bhatt.
- I am curious to know how it tackles the unconventional topic of someone dealing with depression and not hesitating to openly talk about it. This is a delicate issue and movies invariably minimize it or botch it up.
- I really enjoyed the director, Gauri Shinde’s debut movie English Vinglish. My son and I laughed, cried and rejoiced with the movie.
- The story sounds interesting. The film revolves around Kaira (Alia Bhatt), a talented cinematographer and a spirited, young woman awaiting her life’s biggest break. But deep inside the façade, is a soul feeling despised and dejected, ending up with all the wrong men. Unsettled and feeling tied down, she reaches out to Dr. Jehangir Khan (Shah Rukh Khan), a psychiatrist in Goa. She instantly feels comfortable with him and is able to voice her fears confidently, for the first time in her life.
- The film revolves around how we should not focus on our problems, instead, embrace life for what it is- Problems Ko Karo Bye, Zindagi Ko Kaho Hi–Say bye to problems, say hi to life. Nice motto!
So these are my top 7 reasons to watch the World Television Premiere of Dear Zindagi on 23rd April at 12 PM on Zee Cinema. I think it will make for a good watch–with a nice message: don’t run away from your problems. Face them. Find solutions.
India’s youth is so bogged down with complex issues. It is time for them to embrace life and focus on the positive things of life. A good starting point is to get together with friends and watch Dear Zindagi on Zee Cinema.
Are you with me?
Why we like Zee Cinema
- Zee Cinema is the World’s Largest Theater for Hindi Movies
- Launched in 1995, Zee Cinema was the first 24 x 7 Hindi movie channel in India
- It proudly boasts of entertaining 201.5 million viewers across India on a weekly basis making it undoubtedly the World’s biggest movie channel for Hindi movies
- Zee Cinema’s library has more than 3500 films from virtually every banner that has ever made good cinema in India
- Keeping its promise of ‘Movies.Masti.Magic,’ Zee Cinema entertains audiences through various properties like ‘Shanivaar ki Raat Superstars ke Saath’, ‘Cine Recharge’, ‘World Television Premieres’ and ‘Zee Cine Awards’ among others
Something for you to think about. After you watch the movie!
Save the date! Dear Zindagi on 23rd April at 12 PM on Zee Cinema
And tell me how you liked it!