Good health is a multifaceted aspect, and staying healthy in body and mind means taking up a lifestyle where you strike a balance between food and exercise. To do this, you need to know the do’s and don’ts depending on your specific health condition so that you can take advantage of nutritious food.
The food you eat on a daily basis impacts how your body works – so a nutritious diet that is rich
in fruit and vegetables, nuts, legumes, whole grains, and mono-saturated fats such as olive oil, will show in your overall health. So make sure you develop healthy eating habits along with your other health-related activity.
* Eat 3-4 servings of fruits and vegetables every day to boost immunity and for healthy digestion.
* Opt for whole grains, pulses, sprouts to get the daily protein and fibre in your diet and restrict the intake of refined foods and simple sugars.
* Consume calcium rich foods like milk and milk products, nuts, leafy vegetables.
* Eat iron rich foods like garden cress seeds, sesame seeds, cauliflower greens, legumes, soya, rice flakes, to keep active all day.
* Include a lot of fluid in a day like water, vegetable soups, lentil soups to keep you hydrated.
* Watch your total fat and salt intake.
* Opt for blended oils over saturated fats like ghee, butter, cream, margarine etc.
* Eat healthy periodically, every 2-3 hrs, in smaller portions throughout the day.
Build you nutrition quotient with some nutrient rich recipes. Here are some superb recipes that have actually turned out as promised for me.