Just go nuts!
One small handful every day.
What have you got to gain?
- Nuts are good for your heart. They may lower low-density lipoprotein (LDL), or “bad,” cholesterol levels.
- Eating nuts may reduce the risk of developing blood clots that can lead to a heart attack.
- Walnuts are rich in omega-3 fatty acids.
- Almonds, macadamia nuts, hazelnuts and pecans also are very heart healthy.
- Even peanuts, which are technically legumes, can be good for you.
Of course, if you prefer nuts coated in chocolate, sugar or salt, you will automatically cancel out all the heart-healthy benefits 🙂 – and enjoy only the crunch.