I read this somewhere – and God knows I could do with some looking-better-in-photos tips. right now 🙂 So – point is – I thought they made enough sense to want to post them here – you might find it works, too:
As celebrities know, the right pose or expression can mean the difference between looking your best and looking not so hot (where did that triple chin come from?!). Now that everyone has a camera phone and you can be tagged on Facebook within minutes, (no, thank you!) remember these picture-taking tips the next time someone wants to snap your photo:
1. Here’s the number one celebrity photo trick: Put one hand on your hip. Just check out how many celebs pose this way ! This pose will remind you to keep your shoulders back and not to slouch. It’ll also help define your waist if you’re wearing a loose blouse or dress.
2. If you’re being photographed while standing, face the camera and turn your body at an angle. Stand with one leg slightly in front of the other, feet pointed slightly outward. You’ll look taller and thinner. Don’t stand with your legs apart, or you’ll look like you’re an outfielder. Practice in front of a full-length mirror so you’ll feel comfortable when it’s picture time.
3. If someone takes your picture while you’re sitting down, turn your face at a slight angle and lift your chin. Your cheekbones will look higher, your jaw will look sharper, and you’ll have fewer “chins.”
4. Blot your lipstick so you don’t look like a vampire when you smile. If you want some shine, dab a bit of gloss along the top and bottom borders of your lips, avoiding the parts that touch your teeth when you smile. Don’t wear too much goopy gloss, which will end up on your teeth, your glass, and your date.
5. The most important tip (and probably the easiest – for most of us, anyway): Smile!
And of course, do it all naturally!
Thanks – Dr Jessica Wu