One of the most awful things about winter is cold weather. D’oh. It becomes worse for those who suffer from sinusitis. The headaches, the irritated moods, the desire to smash everything – are all at their peak.
But there are ways you can minimize the suffering. While there are different types of sinusitis – here are some easy home remedies to try that can bring relief:
- Drink lots of water as it will thin the mucus in your sinuses
- Breathe in moist air from a humidifier or hot shower or a sink filled with hot water
- Gargle with hot water to prevent a sore throat if you have a post-nasal drip
- Take over-the-counter medication for the treatment of headaches
- Elevate your head at night as this will help to drain your sinuses
- Avoid alcohol
- Breathe in eucalyptus oil
(If you have a “relief” method to contribute, please do – and I’ll add it here)
I am told that eating steamed apple regularly can gradually cure sinus. Of course, yoga is another major help that tackles this and multiple other health issues.
Try these. They work.