It was a memorable evening where we met, had a fabulous time, went food-hopping and rounded off the evening with a musical feast and dinner. Mmmmm. I could get lost in those thoughts – but enough said – when online interactions rock offline as well, it is a wonderful feeling. It was also the evening I got introduced to corn bhel – okay, am salivating and more about that another time.
So – let us get on to those tips that will help you begin to feel slimmer within a week.
1. Drastically reduce your consumption of grain-based foods for five days. This includes wheat, bread, pasta, rice, cereal … you get the idea.
2. Cut salt from your diet. I remember my Mom’s dietician saying that we can survive without salt, because it is just an acquired habit. Check the labels of anything you eat. Consume no more than 100 mg of salt or less per item and hide that table salt.
3. Take up regular cardio exercises such as walking, jogging, hiking, cycling, for approximately an hour or so for at least five days.
4. Focus on dark green vegetables in your diet, going for at least three servings per day. This includes asparagus, kale, chard, spinach etc.
5. Drink one bag of Dandelion Root tea every day – it detoxes your liver.
6. Increase your water intake during the first three days, and decrease it from the fourth day.
Don’t believe me? Try them. They work. Simply because here is the secret: there is nothing better than making long-term lifestyle changes – hopefully when you stick to this for a week, some of it will develop into a habit.