When my lovely friend Joy from Facets Of Joy wrote to me, inviting me to participate, at short notice, in an ebook project called “Cultivating Your Voice” to celebrate International Women’s Day, naturally, my spontaneous reaction was “Privileged!”. And I wrote back to her with my own contribution, answering her prompts.
My haiku for this book:
“Cultivate Your Voice
Life may bring adversities.
Hold your head high. Smile”
This book, beautifully written by Joy along with a group of amazing and inspiring women authors, is clearly a source of strength. It is about finding our power within. It is full of wisdom and insights to magnify empowerment, clarity and peace, to live a better life. And what better way to learn from the experiences of others?
As Joy says, “When every ounce of your being *believes* that everything is possible, it is”. Her heart whispered. And she allowed the universe to magnify it! She did not allow obstacles – physical or technical -to stop her from going ahead with her dream.
“Listen to your heart
Let its whispers magnify
Give voice to your dreams”
The result? A treasure in the form of a book that lovingly presents the collective wisdom of wonderful women authors.
This year is the 101st anniversary of “International Women’s Day“. On this day, organizations and communities across the world celebrate the struggles and achievements of women, sharing them through events to inspire others. Each year has a theme. This year’s theme is “Connecting Girls, Inspiring Futures“.
Cultivating Your Voice is a lovely way to celebrate this theme!
Here are the awesome contributors:
- Adrienne Jurado – Experience Life Fully
- Danielle LaPorte – Danielle LaPorte.com
- Elle – Reflecting a Life
- Evita Ochel – Evolving Beings
- Jess Morrow – Invincible Summer
- Jamie Ridler – Jamie Ridler Studios
- Leslie Rinchen-Wongmo – Threads of Awakening
- Lisa Rough – Sacred Circle Creative Life
- Lynn Fang – Upcycled Love
- Melissa Reyes – Miz Meliz
- Pema Teeter – Story Charmer
- Sandra Pawula – Always Well Within
- Tara Sophia Mohr – Wise Living
- Vidya Sury (you are here, Thank you!)
My special tribute to Joy for making this dream project into reality:
“When the heart decides
Destiny itself will pave
the way for success”
When you open your heart, everything is possible.
Today, I reaffirm my pledge to:
- Pause. Slow down and find my freedom
- Believe in my intuition
- Find inspiration in little things
- Do random acts of kindness
- Practice positive living
- Savor every moment of life
- Embrace forgiveness
With much love and good wishes!