(Book review + An interview with the author of “Say Yes to Change – 10 Timeless Life lessons for creating positive change“.
Oh, wait – it is not really a review and I’ll tell you why.
Change has been quite a constant in my life. I studied grade 1 through 10 in 5 cities, went through three colleges in two cities and then, my career took me through a series of transfers and promotions to different cities. We thrived on change, we craved change. Why, my Mother and I went crazy if we didn’t rearrange the furniture in our home for more than two weeks! I think it was basically because Mom believed that we should embrace change because whether we like it or not, sometimes it is necessary.Through the many unexpected changes we went through in our life, she taught me that:
“You cannot change or heal what you do not acknowledge”
Saying Yes To Change gives you:
- The power to throw away what is no longer working in your life
- 10 Steps for Transforming Negative Thoughts into Positive Beliefs by getting rid of chronic negative thinking
- Tips on learning to love yourself and being a positive force in the world
Alex Blackwell is the founding editor of The BridgeMaker. an honestly written lifestyle blog dedicated to relying on faith, sharing the amazing power of love, and walking the simple paths to positive change.
- I would wish for a wonderful life for my children.
- I would wish for the opportunity to write, speak and offer encouragement to people every day, and for the rest of my life.
- I would wish for healing for my father and sister.
- My children
- My wife
- Each sunrise
- Sipping a glass of wine on my deck
- Watching a baseball game
Alex Blackwell is the Founder of The BridgeMaker. His first book, Saying Yes to Change: 10 Timeless Life Lessons for Creating Positive Change is now available on Amazon.