As I looked back on my blogging journey, someone asked me what I would miss the most if I had to stop blogging suddenly. That answer is a no-brainer – because I would most certainly miss you. Yes, YOU, dear friend. I love the relationships and connections I make, which turn into wonderful friendships.
Some of my readers have been with me long before I started writing here and funnily enough, you won’t see them commenting here. Because we are lucky to meet often, talk often. They keep in close touch over the phone or on chat or email. I am so grateful for technology for dissolving the geographical barriers when miles separate us.
I am especially thankful to those who regularly email me to appreciate, wish me well and ask questions. The real joy is when someone emails to let me know I’ve helped them. How inspiring is that? My heartfelt thanks to those who connect via email.
And now, I would like to thank those who honored me with ‘awards’ – here we go: (Blush!)
My heartfelt thanks to: Nikky, Melody and Betsy for presenting me with this Award
Nikkyy44 of Nikky’s Strength and Weakness
Nikky is a gentle, compassionate and very insightful blogger. Her posts usually wrench my heart. I met her via her comments on various blogs I visit regularly. Nikky is beautiful from the inside and outside. And no, It doesn’t matter that I have not seen her. Please check out her Facebook page. She streams inspiration. Beautiful Nikky!
Melody Fletcher of Deliberate Blog
Law of Attraction Guru Melody is one of the most amazing persons I’ve met. I just love her convincing writing style and enjoy how she connects with her readers. A visit to her blog, for me, guarantees some great interaction, 100% positivity, fantastic reading and well – I confess to often getting lost, browsing her archives. You should check out her “Finding your Purpose in life” and free workbook. So glad we’re connected, Melody!
Betsy Henry, Zen Mama Blog
Ah, Betsy! My partner in positivity and happiness! A very inspiring blogger, Betsy radiates all things positive and is a warm and beautiful person. We share a mutual love for great quotes, among other things and I do hope to meet her in this lifetime. Thank you, Betsy!
The Irresistibly Sweet Blog Award (blush!)
Thank you Harleena of A-Ha now! for this award!
Harleena is a sweet friend whose blog I really enjoy reading. She is a prolific blogger and writes about family and parenting, love and relationships, health and wellness and life. She researches her topics thoroughly and presents a fantastically complete post, each time. Best of all, she lives in India. That is cool, for me!
There are 5 rules for these Awards.
Include the award’s logo in a post or on your blog – done
Share the love and link the person who nominated you – done
Tell 7 facts about yourself. – ummm….done
Okay – here you go – 7 quick random things:
1. Firsts: I ate noodles for the first time at the age of 21 and saw Television for the first time at the age of 10. We got our first refrigerator when I was 22.
2. From grade 1 through 10, I studied in five schools and three cities.
3. I am crazy about motorbikes and fantasize about riding a Harley Davidson wearing a pair of snazzy Ray-Bans. A group of my friends would zoom around on their bikes while I had a scooter. I’d be desperate to take a ride – but those days, those guys were so possessive of their bikes. I remember, one of the gang had an accident and we took turns at delivering him food. And then, one night, I made off with his keys and enjoyed the ride of my life around our area. Happy days! Here’s a bike I coveted years ago – the Yezdi – the idling would directly speak to my heartbeat!
4. I always played the male lead role in school and college plays and dance programs.
5. I trained in Carnatic classical vocal music from age 5 to 16 and learned the Kuchipudi dance form for two years in school.
6. I cannot bear to see children go hungry or the elderly sad and suffering.
7. I love quilting and embroidery and find it very, very soothing. I love painting on T-shirts and always keep a handy stack of plain new T-shirts and Mugs to paint on, and use as impromptu gifts for friends. Here’s a schoolbag I painted for Vidur, a few years ago.
The other two rules – the ones I will be twisting to my own convenience are:
Nominate 7 other fabulous bloggers
Link your nominees to this post and comment on their blogs, letting them know they have been nominated
I hereby dedicate every Award I receive to you, dear readers. Every one of you is a winner in my eyes. You make blogging worthwhile for me. Your comments motivate me.
Oh, I know I shouldn’t freak out like this, but I would forever be miserable about the names I left out.
So, I request you, humbly, to please accept this Award, with love. Please go ahead and write about it, if so inclined and follow the rules as you think fit.
Once again, my special thanks to everyone who is connected with this blog. You inspire me. Always.
Questions for you:
What do you enjoy most about blogging?
Has it helped you grow as a person?
Thank you for subscribing to my blog! Do consider leaving a comment – or just reply to this email! I’d love to know what you think.