Decades ago, I had a boss who would urge us all to gather at the end of the day and say “I can, I will, I must” Of course we found it funny but chanted it anyway. Little did I know that it was my first I am affirmation and that it would be stuck in my head forever. Gradually, I realized that saying it did increase my confidence and my self-belief.
Credit for I am affirmations in my life also goes to my Mom. Every time I went through a bad patch or a self-doubt phase, she would suggest I tell myself:
- “I am enough”
- “I am capable”
- “I am strong”
I am guilty of scoffing at the suggestion because I secretly did not believe it would work. Nevertheless, I repeated those affirmations anyway because I loved her.
She would leave little notes with I am affirmations where I could find them. Even in the lunchbox she packed me for work. I would save the notes in the empty coaster stand on my desk simply because – well – how could I not keep them! I wish I had a picture. I must admit I feel a bit sheepish now—because those affirmations grew on me. I began to believe in them.
Why I am Affirmations?
Affirmations are positive phrases or statements that are proven to increase our self-confidence and self-esteem. Repeat them enough times and you’ll find that they replace the negative stuff that goes on in your head.
The wonderful thing about I am affirmations is that they remind us of our best qualities. They also empower us, fill us with confidence. The best thing though? They give our inner critic a solid kick in the rear.
Sure, it seems a bit weird to say your affirmations initially but you do get used to it.
It also helps to write down these affirmations. It is an act of self-care, where you think better about yourself and show your self-doubts the door.
“I am affirmations” also work for others—if your friend is going through a rough patch, positive affirmations help them. Switch up the I am to You are. Simple as that.
Affirmations are a healthy way to zap negative thoughts and boost your spirits.
Here are 100 I am Affirmations to increase your self-confidence.
- I am in control.
- I am strong and beautiful.
- I am active, fit and attractive.
- I am resilient.
- I am very thankful for all the love in my life.
- I am in charge of how I feel.
- I am fabulous, funny and giving.
- I am in the flow.
- I am aware of my weaknesses.
- I am content with my life.
- I am confident about solving life problems successfully.
- I am devoted to my purpose.
- I am grounded and centered.
- I am clever, courageous and caring.
- I am happy and healthy.
- I am perfect exactly as I am.
- I am discovering talents I did not know I had.
- I am discovering my true self.
- I am grateful.
- I am smart and confident.
- I am going to make everything around me beautiful.
- I am emotionally well balanced.
- I am committed to living a healthy lifestyle.
- I am filled with energy.
- I am at peace.
- I am worthy of all the blessings coming my way.
- I am a natural winner.
- I am powerful and capable.
- I am creative.
- I am fiercely loyal and beautifully vulnerable.
- I am not alone in my struggles.
- I am a magnet for miracles.
- I am open and kind.
- I am positive.
- I am not afraid to apologize for my actions when necessary.
- I am unique and special.
- I am calm, patient and loving.
- I am in process of making a positive changes in my life.
- I am not broken.
- I am a fighter.
- I am amazing and astonishing.
- I am authentic with my words.
- I am open to accept all forms of abundance the universe has to offer me.
- I am brave and I stand up for myself.
- I am in charge of my health.
- I am the source of my well-being.
- I am in harmony with the Universe.
- I am fun-loving and adventurous.
- I am able to let go of fear.
- I am determined to reach my goals.
- I am supportive and surprising.
- I am always learning and growing.
- I am full of abundance in all areas of my life.
- I am blessed.
- I am willing to forgive.
- I am empathetic.
- I am relaxed in mind, body and soul.
- I am on a wonderful journey.
- I am outstanding and sexy.
- I am joyful.
- I am moving beyond what I thought was possible.
- I am full of sparkle and compassion.
- I am patient.
- I am a valuable contributor to my relationships.
- I am talented.
- I am safe when I express my feelings.
- I am worthy of the very best in life.
- I am prepared for success.
- I am good enough.
- I am doing the best I can.
- I am in the process in becoming the best version of myself.
- I am open to beauty and inspiration that surrounds me.
- I am not afraid of what could go wrong.
- I am a radiant being enjoying life to the fullest.
- I am a powerful manifestor.
- I am secure and loved
- I am a survivor
- I am releasing old limiting beliefs about myself.
- I am at ease with both my strengths and weaknesses.
- I am proud of all my accomplishments, big and small.
- I am learning to step out of my comfort zone.
- I am capable of thriving in any situation.
- I am confident in my ability to achieve my goals.
- I am sure of myself and stand up for my beliefs.
- I am a powerful force for positive change.
- I am unshakable in any storm.
- I am letting go more and more every day.
- I am releasing all attachment to past hurts.
- I am focused on looking forward.
- I am discovering the peace of release.
- I am embracing forgiveness and reclaiming my personal power.
- I am free of resentment.
- I am at peace with my past.
- I am letting go of expectations and enjoying my journey.
- I am releasing yesterday so that I be fully present today.
- I am grateful to be where I am
- I am truly happy in this present moment
- I am unique with unlimited potential
- I am grateful for all the good in my life
- I am always open to exploring new ideas and possibilities
Practice these I am affirmations.
Put them on notes to carry around and look at when you need them. Because you are awesome!
Do you believe in I am affirmations?