Decades ago, I had a boss who would urge us all to gather at the end of the day and say “I can, I will, I must” Of course we found it funny but chanted it anyway. Little did I know that it was my first I am affirmation and that it would be stuck in my head forever. Gradually, I realized that saying it did increase my confidence and my self-belief.
Credit for I am affirmations in my life also goes to my Mom. Every time I went through a bad patch or a self-doubt phase, she would suggest I tell myself:
- “I am enough”
- “I am capable”
- “I am strong”
I am guilty of scoffing at the suggestion because I secretly did not believe it would work. Nevertheless, I repeated those affirmations anyway because I loved her.
She would leave little notes with I am affirmations where I could find them. Even in the lunchbox she packed me for work. I would save the notes in the empty coaster stand on my desk simply because – well – how could I not keep them! I wish I had a picture. I must admit I feel a bit sheepish now—because those affirmations grew on me. I began to believe in them.
Why I am Affirmations?
Affirmations are positive phrases or statements that are proven to increase our self-confidence and self-esteem. Repeat them enough times and you’ll find that they replace the negative stuff that goes on in your head.
The wonderful thing about I am affirmations is that they remind us of our best qualities. They also empower us, fill us with confidence. The best thing though? They give our inner critic a solid kick in the rear.
Sure, it seems a bit weird to say your affirmations initially but you do get used to it.
It also helps to write down these affirmations. It is an act of self-care, where you think better about yourself and show your self-doubts the door.
“I am affirmations” also work for others—if your friend is going through a rough patch, positive affirmations help them. Switch up the I am to You are. Simple as that.
Affirmations are a healthy way to zap negative thoughts and boost your spirits.
Here are 100 I am Affirmations to increase your self-confidence.
- I am in control.
- I am strong and beautiful.
- I am active, fit and attractive.
- I am resilient.
- I am very thankful for all the love in my life.
- I am in charge of how I feel.
- I am fabulous, funny and giving.
- I am in the flow.
- I am aware of my weaknesses.
- I am content with my life.
- I am confident about solving life problems successfully.
- I am devoted to my purpose.
- I am grounded and centered.
- I am clever, courageous and caring.
- I am happy and healthy.
- I am perfect exactly as I am.
- I am discovering talents I did not know I had.
- I am discovering my true self.
- I am grateful.
- I am smart and confident.
- I am going to make everything around me beautiful.
- I am emotionally well balanced.
- I am committed to living a healthy lifestyle.
- I am filled with energy.
- I am at peace.
- I am worthy of all the blessings coming my way.
- I am a natural winner.
- I am powerful and capable.
- I am creative.
- I am fiercely loyal and beautifully vulnerable.
- I am not alone in my struggles.
- I am a magnet for miracles.
- I am open and kind.
- I am positive.
- I am not afraid to apologize for my actions when necessary.
- I am unique and special.
- I am calm, patient and loving.
- I am in process of making a positive changes in my life.
- I am not broken.
- I am a fighter.
- I am amazing and astonishing.
- I am authentic with my words.
- I am open to accept all forms of abundance the universe has to offer me.
- I am brave and I stand up for myself.
- I am in charge of my health.
- I am the source of my well-being.
- I am in harmony with the Universe.
- I am fun-loving and adventurous.
- I am able to let go of fear.
- I am determined to reach my goals.
- I am supportive and surprising.
- I am always learning and growing.
- I am full of abundance in all areas of my life.
- I am blessed.
- I am willing to forgive.
- I am empathetic.
- I am relaxed in mind, body and soul.
- I am on a wonderful journey.
- I am outstanding and sexy.
- I am joyful.
- I am moving beyond what I thought was possible.
- I am full of sparkle and compassion.
- I am patient.
- I am a valuable contributor to my relationships.
- I am talented.
- I am safe when I express my feelings.
- I am worthy of the very best in life.
- I am prepared for success.
- I am good enough.
- I am doing the best I can.
- I am in the process in becoming the best version of myself.
- I am open to beauty and inspiration that surrounds me.
- I am not afraid of what could go wrong.
- I am a radiant being enjoying life to the fullest.
- I am a powerful manifestor.
- I am secure and loved
- I am a survivor
- I am releasing old limiting beliefs about myself.
- I am at ease with both my strengths and weaknesses.
- I am proud of all my accomplishments, big and small.
- I am learning to step out of my comfort zone.
- I am capable of thriving in any situation.
- I am confident in my ability to achieve my goals.
- I am sure of myself and stand up for my beliefs.
- I am a powerful force for positive change.
- I am unshakable in any storm.
- I am letting go more and more every day.
- I am releasing all attachment to past hurts.
- I am focused on looking forward.
- I am discovering the peace of release.
- I am embracing forgiveness and reclaiming my personal power.
- I am free of resentment.
- I am at peace with my past.
- I am letting go of expectations and enjoying my journey.
- I am releasing yesterday so that I be fully present today.
- I am grateful to be where I am
- I am truly happy in this present moment
- I am unique with unlimited potential
- I am grateful for all the good in my life
- I am always open to exploring new ideas and possibilities
Practice these I am affirmations.
Put them on notes to carry around and look at when you need them. Because you are awesome!
Do you believe in I am affirmations?
I AM thankful to you for this amazing post.
You are a wealth of affirmations and I am thankful for that. Great sayings to remember and write down
This was a fantastic read, and a great list of affirmations for one to constantly remind themselves of. It’s so easy to get lost in the day to day stresses and worries of life, family and work that I easily could burn myself out. If I didn’t have constant reminders of who I am, and what I’m capable of, and these are a great source of inspiration and confirmation for me. Thank you, Ryan.
Ryan recently posted…Practicing Gratitude and Daily Productivity With 3×5 Life
Thanks for sharing this, it’s very inspiring me and help me being more positive!
Nes recently posted…30 Happy Beach Quotes (the best beach happiness quotes)