Or – how to have a lot of fun with wall stickers and give your room an instant makeover. Two weeks back, I was browsing Priti’s blog and drooling over the wall decals – in fact, one in particular – a beautiful jet black tree with a pair of orange love birds and little orange hearts all over the place. Stunning. I started imagining it on various walls at my place.
Then, Priti messaged me to ask if I was interested in reviewing their wall decals. Talk about visualizing and manifesting! I said yes, and she invited me to choose a wall decal of my choice. I did. And I promptly received the wall decal.
Naturally, we had a bit of a tussle at home about where it would look best, and then decided to decorate the wall in my son’s room.
The wall is a sort of lemon yellow. I cleaned it up as best as I could – which meant removing all our random stuff from the wall and wiping it down so I could work on a clean slate.
I read the instructions. And followed them to the letter. Well, almost.
Then branch 2 and 3
5 and 6 were the longest and I had to be careful not to let the thinner parts of the branch go out of alignment.
Then up went 7 and 8 and yay! I had the tree up.
All that was left to do was perch the little birds on the tree. Since they were at different levels, I thought it best to stick them individually and cut the first one. I stuck the second one back on the transfer sheet. On the wrong side. And before I knew it the little bird had transferred itself partially onto the paper. Grrr. I managed to salvage part of it and after snipping away the paper, managed to stick it on the wall with adhesive. Can you make out? Ah, didn’t think so.
Here’s how the wall looks.
And in the bright afternoon sunshine lighting up the room, looks lovely. I confess I just chilled in that room all afternoon, and the wall looked pretty darned good to me.
Wall decals – the DIY-er’s dream
Wall decals are a great – and a very easy way to transform your living room or bedroom or kids’ room. Or any room for that matter. You don’t need special skills to fix wall stickers. As long as you can cut and paste, you’re good to go. The variety on their site is amazing and there’s plenty to suit every decor including custom stickers, stickers for kids & babies’ room, living room decals, graphics for walls of apartments, offices, schools, nursery and more.
These decals can go on just about any flat surface – not just your walls – you can fix them on doors, windows, glass, ceilings – so long as the surface is free from dust and smooth.
Take a look at some of the choices (click the images to see a slideshow and then click anywhere on the screen to return to this post)
If you are moving or want to use the decals on a different wall you can remove and reuse them without leaving any stains. That sounds good to me.
My review of the wall decals
- Arrived neatly packed in a tube
- Excellent instructions – numbered parts with a full picture reference to show where each part will go
- Took just about two hours to get it done. Could have been less, but I was distracted by music I was listening to, and went real slow.
- You have to be careful fixing the thinner parts as they can get wrinkles. I found that I just had to smooth them down with the spatula firmly before trying to peel off the transfer paper
- I found the message about “highly addictive wall decal” hilarious – clearly the team has a solid sense of humor
- There was a gift coupon inside – a pleasant surprise, on a folded sheet of paper that told me to see it afterwards, and so I promptly looked at it.
- The decals are richly colored. The finished wall looked just like I imagined it.
- The stickers are excellent quality and I think it is a brilliant idea to have the design on a transfer sheet, which makes it easy to put it up.
What a fun way to liven up your living space!. You can even pick your favorite quotes, or choose from charming trees, besides custom designs. The best part? They are affordable, starting at Rs.389.00 per design with free shipping in India and cash on delivery.
I think these wall decals make great gifts for a variety of special occasions – housewarming, birthdays, festivals, you name it!
Disclosure: I received a complimentary decal -the one I showed you on my wall – for my review.
Do visit Priti’s blog. I just love it.