Happy Valentine’s Day!
Celebrated on Feb 14 all over the world to express feelings of love, affection, appreciation and friendship, (yep, I received my first V. Day card from a female colleague at work), it is a day often associated with romantic love. And of course, marketers take full advantage of this fact. Cupids, hearts and roses rule the day and couples get into a frenzy over finding the perfect gift.
For my part, I sat down and wrote a list.
50 Shades of Love
- Plucking flower petals – will he won’t she
- Freaking out over trivial stuff
- Finding it hard to trust – oh, tender love
- Needing reassurance
- Expecting proof 90% of the time
- The telephone is the new BFF
- Sudden sartorial elegance – or a version of it
- Not seeing flaws
- Oblivious to danger
- Refusing to differentiate between reality and fantasy
- Happily Ever After seems like a real place
- Not worried about the price
- Ready to travel anywhere even for a short rendezvous with the “sweety”.
- Talking gibberish ..er.. “love talk”
- Intrusion of sloppy words in the vocabulary – baby talk
- Emotionally vulnerable
- That significant other – always the first priority, even if it is a matter of life and death
- Fearless but fearful
- Nothing seems impossible
- Heightened intuition
- Everything is viewed through the eyes of love
- Reality is an illusion, most of the time
- Only (s)he matters. Everyone comes second
- Food is not important, unless you’re cooking for her/him
- No sacrifice too big for the one you love
- Age is a mere number
- Conviction that the one you love is perfect
- Believing you can’t live without her/him
- Bringing out the best in each other
- The best time of your life
- Blind to flaws
- Thinking life is a bed of roses
- Noticing only the rose not the thorns
- Smiling for no reason
- Talking to yourself
- Pure happiness
- All you need
- Believing you know what you’ll be doing ten years from now
- Endless with zero boundaries and limits
- Infinite patience
- A miracle
- Pure bliss
- Romantic love letters
Is that a good list for 50 shades of love? What did I leave out?
And since I mentioned love letters at no.50 – I’ve got a lovely infographic to share with you – “Romantic love letter – What you should know” that will be useful long after Valentine’s Day is gone.
So get off that digital device, take a paper and pen and get started with your love letter!
Again, Happy Valentine’s Day! Say I love You to everyone you care about! ♥