I am sure each one of us, at some point or other, hesitated to take that step towards being who we want to be. What stopped us?What came in the way?
Fear of not being good enough?
The knowledge that we have it in us to achieve what we aspire for, but allowing our inner critic to take over and squash our enthusiasm?
I know I’ve felt that way and the only way I got over those feelings was to – believe. When I started my sales career, one of the things that helped tremendously was the superb training sessions we were put through. These polished and fine tuned our attitude, making us realize we can achieve anything we aspire to do.
Being who you want to may not be as difficult as you think.
Recently, I received a wonderful email that listed 25 questions, a sort of test to help us look within us, understand ourselves a little more and get a grip on what we truly believe.
I want to share them with you today. I urge you to read these questions and answer them in your mind.
- Do you believe that attitude is a little thing that makes a big difference?
- Do you believe that we miss 100% of the shots we don’t take?
- Do you believe that our aspirations are our possibilities?
- Do you believe that Companies Don’t Succeed…People Do?
- Do you believe that we make a living by what we get, but we make a life by what we give?
- Do you believe that those who bring sunshine into the lives of others cannot keep it from themselves?
- Do you believe that many times… less can be more?
- Do you believe that in the middle of every difficulty comes opportunity?
- Do you believe that you’re always one choice away from changing your life?
- Do you believe that when you’ve done your best you can wait the results in peace?
- Do you believe that sometimes in the winds of change we can find our true direction?
- Do you believe that laughter is sunshine in any life?
- Do you believe that the most important things in life aren’t things?
- Do you believe that a leader’s job is to look into the future and see the organization not as it is, but… as it can be?
- Do you believe if you throw your heart over the fence, the rest will follow?
- Do you believe that customer service is not a department… it’s an attitude?
- Do you believe that the price of leadership is responsibility?
- Do you believe if you change your thoughts you can change the world?
- Do you believe you can burn brightly without burning out?
- Do you believe that the greatest management principle in the world is… the things that get rewarded and appreciated get done?
- Do you believe that after the verb to love… to help is the most beautiful verb in the world?
- Do you believe that whether you think you can, or you can’t… you’re right?
- Do you believe that gratitude can change your life?
- Do you believe that its not the things you get but the hearts you touch that will determine your success in life?
- Do you believe that if you teach your child the Golden Rule, you will have left an estate of incalculable value?
Did you answer the questions?
How many Yeses? Which questions touched you the most?
I’d love to know in the comments! ♥
P.S. – These questions were framed by Matt Wellings, founder of Breakthrough Coaching.