Its Christmas time, and its time to start your gift shopping. I was browsing around and came across a lovely article on giving healthy gifts. Granted, it is not that easy choosing gifts for everyone. So here is a list to help you along – see if it makes sense – you will probably come up with even better ideas after you read this:
- Olive Oil is a great gift to give. It is healthy, recommended by all health experts today. It is available in pretty containers
- A massage gift voucher – I know I would love one – and lots of people would.
- A subscription to a health magazine – like Prevention, Health – so many people plan to read them – but never get around to doing it. You can help these people stay healthy
- A health & glow store gift voucher – but this would depend on the person you are gifting it to.
- A voucher offering, say, ten hours of your time helping out in running errands, shopping, babysitting, whatever.
NOW FOR THE BAD GIFTS…
Here are some ‘gifts’ best not given!
- Recycled gifts – stuff you got last year, didn’t like. 🙂 imagine getting it back again next year!
- Costly personal gifts – like jewelry. You went and bought a ring for a loved one and now they don’t like it. Bad idea. Waste of money. Why not consult them instead?
- Buying identical gifts for siblings. Killing the surprise. How mean.
- Toys that make big noise – Gross in a family gathering. There are exceptions though.
- Last minute gifts – expensive, ugly and not worth it.
- Chocolates – bad idea. Remind the recipient she’s putting on weight – or make her share it with everyone- so it really is not a personal gift.
- Socks, underwear, handkerchiefs – most people prefer to do their own shopping for these. If you have to, give a gift voucher.
- CDs and Books from a Sale – great when you know the person’s tastes, but terrible if you don’t.
- Ultra-expensive gifts – gifts must be reciprocal. Why embarrass someone with something too expensive when they do not take the relationship seriously?
Get those grey cells going – and do mail me at email@example.com – I would love to consolidate and post them as a follow up. Am waiting to hear from you all.
Thank you for subscribing to my blog! Do consider leaving a comment – or just reply to this email! I’d love to know what you think.
Spread the love