That Icelandic volcano is still erupting and nobody knows for how long this will continue. The ash cloud from it has stranded millions of airline passengers across the world, since Northern European airports continue to stay closed.
The implications? Staggering!
- Donor organs cannot be transported
- Goods are decaying in airports
- Unaccompanied minors are stranded
- Thousands of people cannot go back to work
- People can’t go to conferences, weddings, funerals
- Sometimes – can’t even get home to feed the dog
What to do?
While Mother Nature flexes her muscles, we can only accept the inevitable. Panicking will not change anything. For those of us who are not stuck in any of the above situations, here is what we can do:
- Read that book you always wanted to
- Visit an old friend that you’ve been meaning to
- Go see those sights you feel you’ve missed
- Take that holiday you’ve been planning for ever
- Tell him/her “I love you”
It is much better than being stranded in a plane crash.
Most of all, appreciate! It is worth it.
How true.We don’t realise how fortunate we are most of the time.