We probably know these – but it is nice to revisit once in a while!
- Eat Breakfast: Breakfast helps build healthy eating habits. You’ll find that it is much more difficult to eat junk food during the rest of your day when you begin with a healthy meal.
- Eat every three hours: This will stop you from looking for that snack frequently, or overeating at the next meal because you went hungry. Plus – your stomach decreases in size since your meals are smaller – and you feel full faster
- Include protein in each meal: Our body needs one gram of protein per pound of body-weight, when we limit our starch/carb intake in order to meet its caloric needs. Protein also makes you less hungry
- Eating frequently will not increase the metabolism: Which means, our body will not burn more calories if we eat every three hours, so we don’t burn more fat. If you are looking at increasing metabolism, then exercising to lose weight is the answer
- You can’t decrease your metabolism by skipping meals: Breakfast does not trigger your metabolism because it doesn’t slow down when you sleep. Incidentally, it does not even decrease when we fast!
- You can’t lose muscle if you don’t eat: Our body needs protein to build muscle, duh! So to keep and build those muscles, strength training is the answer.
Thank you for subscribing to my blog! Do consider leaving a comment – or just reply to this email! I’d love to know what you think.
Spread the love