- Exercise – a brisk walk does it.(sorry, lazybones, but it gets those hormones going. Don’t get jealous, but I walk on the IISc campus. Smirk.)
- Phone a friend – really. I call my favorite pal and a few good laughs later, always glad I did)
- Chat with your wittiest contact – if you are phone-shy, this could work
- Eat something – Yum. Boost your blood sugar levels with a fave sandwich. Ok, don’t binge. I still haven’t thought about tips to lose weight.
- Read a book – This does it for me every time. A nice crime fiction novel with lots of court scenes reeeally takes my mind off stuff.
- Snooze – this is my Holy Grail. I always want to but I never get to do it – in spite of the encouragement I get.
- Take a nice long bath – Yes. The fragrance of your fave body shower, shampoo, moisturizer does a great job to unwind you.
Okay – so life is not always sunshine and a garden. There are days when you just want to go for that six-shooter and get trigger-happy. Or just dig a hole, get into it and cover the top.
Just try at least two of the above. You are welcome to suggest a few of your own!
(Had posted this here, back in November 2008 and find that it still holds good …so here it is again!)