I read about the Bucket List today – starring two actors I really like: Jack Nicholson and Morgan Freeman, (the man most people visualize when they remember “God”). In this movie, two terminally ill people decide to make a list of things they want to do before they finally die or ‘kick the bucket’ and therefore the title.
What a great idea – to make a “Bucket List”!
My Mom always encouraged me, from when I was very young, to make a wishlist. We would then divide it into weekly, monthly and yearly goals. Of course, as I grew older, and understood better (and reality bit, quite hard sometimes), I also began to make 5-yearly goals.We would stick our list on the fridge, because we got to see it everyday. Focus 🙂
Well – much later, when I read and attended all those “how to achieve your goals” related books and training programs, I realized that Mom had already built the foundation. Oh, yes, Mother was right. Again. Lucky Me.
Funny thing was – we actually checked quite a few things off our list during our “review” – simply because we had goals in sight; and worked towards them. Nice focus. So, today, it is habit for me to work towards something. I also encourage Vidur, my son to do the same. I have to admit that I’ve learned a thing or two about focus from this kid, more like a whole new dimension!
I think it is a terrific idea to make that bucket list – some of the things on my list – in no specific order – are:
- Renovate home (work in progress)
- Write a few books (working on them)
- Lose weight (working on it)
- Get a massage (too easy, so God knows when)
- Get a Kyondo bag (or two)
- Build a library (real books) (work in progress)
- Change my hairstyle – cut it real short (not sure if that will happen, but what the heck!)
- Establish an account for regular charity contributions (up and running)
- Travel within India (in progress)
- Go on a world cruise (hmm…likely to happen)
- Visit Europe (likely to happen)
- And so on, and so forth
That list goes on and on, but I don’t want to bore you with my list.
What’s on yours? Care to share?