So here’s what I’ve come up with so far. This is definitely a work in progress and I have my own private list where I add, on a daily basis. For now, it is a random list but more importantly, a growing list
To me, Beauty is a series of life’s priceless moments, such as:
- when a friend sends a pic with arms spread out, as if to hug, when I feel low
- when Sury quietly does the things I plan to do when he sees I am busy
- when Vidur makes cute faces he thinks I like, to cheer me up, when I seem upset
- when Vidur hugs me and is affectionate, without words, and makes me feel instantly better
- when my mom would say she’s full so I could get enough to eat
- when Mom would use soft clothes clips on vidur’s clothes so they didn’t hurt them
- when Mom would use blue clips on vidur’s clothes because he loves blue
- when my friend Tanu baked a huge cake on 28th july even though my birthday was in September and then baked a cake in September, also.
- when my friend waited in the rain for two hours because she knew I’d turn up
- when my childhood friends keep in touch no matter where they are in the world, and talk to me on the phone for two hours
- writing Devi – Dove in my shopping list because it was my mother’s favorite brand of soap and shampoo – she wouldn’t budge from it. She passed away last year and I still have the left over little oval piece of her soap
- when my mom bought two of everything so I could give one to my best friend, Uma
- my mom sitting up even though she was practically falling off her chair so she could give us company while we worked late at night
- how my mom woke up early and made coffee so we could have it ready when we woke up
- my mom insisting on taking the lift to go down three floors to avoid the hospital attendants having to carry her to the ambulance.
- my mom donating her body to a medical college after she passed away
- my mom carrying food or clothes every time she went out – to give away
- when you read a tip from someone and adopt it as a lifetime habit
- when my mom paced the floor waiting, knowing for sure we won’t be back for another hour
- my flower lady remembering how my mom loved jasmine flowers
- the supermarket attendant remembering 3-4 specific items I always buy at their store and telling me if there’s fresh stock
- connecting with people across the world in a fun way and smiling when I think of them (yes, that’s you, Kim, if you’re reading this).
- the faith my colleagues at work have in me.
- my friends – they all bring beauty in my life, and am blessed with a long list.