How Halloween-ish. Except it is not a costume prop. It is painful reality where the shape of the toes changes and the nails turn rounded on top, curving downward. A common cause is lung disease, liver or digestive problems or infections. It could also just be a genetic problem.
- Yellow toenails: fungal infections, an inflammation in the lymphatic system, lung problems or rheumatoid arthritis.
- Spoon shaped toes: an iron deficiency.
- Whitish nail: an injury or illness.
- Sometimes the nail may separate from the nail bed when there is an injury or infection.
- If your nails are intact, but white, the underlying cause could be liver disease, congestive heart failure, or diabetes.
- Depressed toenails or toenails that are pitted indicate psoriasis.
- Keep those feet clean. Wash with soap and then, dry well, especially between the toes.
- Trim your nails regularly
- Keep your feet moisturized
- Wear shoes that fit comfortably
- Don’t wear wet shoes
- Attend to cracked heels
- Pamper them
Thank you for subscribing to my blog! Do consider leaving a comment – or just reply to this email! I’d love to know what you think.Cheers!