Can’t deny that gratitude makes life worth living.
What better way to start the month than with a gratitude list, eh?
Today I am grateful for lots of things. I am still catching up on my two-day absence from home and dealing with email, work backlog and all the stuff I would have done had I been home.
After all the excitement of the weekend gone by, I also had a happy time reconnecting with the blogger-friends I met at the #ZestUpYourLife event.
So here is…
my gratitude list
Today, I am grateful for, in random order:
- The unexpected break I enjoyed, encouraged by my family. I never imagined making a trip to Goa. Just goes to show that everything is possible!
- The time I spent with a great group of people and the wonderful ambiance of the weekend.
- The good health I was blessed with. I was secretly concerned about my diet while on the trip. This was the first time I was going away on my own after being diagnosed with diabetes early this year. I was grateful for the variety of food that was available, that kept me healthy. And happy.
- The love of my family when I returned home. They had dinner ready, fresh coffee brewed and the kitchen sink empty. So thoughtful, so kind. And so we spent a happy couple of hours talking about the trip. Maybe I ought to take breaks more often, eh?
- A good night’s sleep last night. I don’t sleep much these days but I’ve learned to relax in bed. I drift from sleep to wakefulness and when I am awake, I keep happy thoughts.
- Friends who are continuing to keep in touch. I am feeling the warm afterglow of connecting with like-minded people and am looking forward to cementing those relationships.
- My terrace where I walk every day, loving the company of kites, parrots, pigeons, mynahs, sparrows and crows. When the sun sets, we see colonies of huge bats flying across. We see beautiful sunsets and cloud formations.
- The connections I’ve made over the past few days.
- The success of my friend’s surgery and recovery back to good health
- Learning to use WhatsApp on my phone and connecting with my best friend. We’re now all set to flood each other with photos. Advantage, technology.
- Wonderful weather with intermittent rains
- The privilege of working from home
- Phone calls from my closest friends and the easy laughter
- Guavas. Yes. I love them. They are in season and they’re good for me! Who knew they have four times more calcium than oranges? Truth!
- Memories. Yes. I have lots of them and some days, they keep me going.
What is on your gratitude list for this week?