#AtoZChallenge

A to Z Challenge 2014 Reflections

A to Z Challenge 2014 Reflections

If I thought the A to Z Challenge was amazing last year, then it was even more so, this year. Here’s why.

I bravely signed up with two blogs – On this one, I set out to collect smiles. On my health blog, my theme was living with type 2 diabetes

I was part of the fabulous TeamDamyanti this year and the fun, banter and laughter began long before the actual A to Z challenge. A happy shout out to The Magnificent Seven of #Teamdamyanti : Guilie, Anna, Samantha, Csenge, Jemima and Mary♥ such a great team!

In spite of the stomach ‘flu, crazy-busy offline stuff, family upheavals and building renovations I managed to post every day soon after midnight on this blog. My health blog wasn’t so lucky. I am still chugging along there. All in good time. No sweat. Oh wait, lots of sweat. I am melting where I live. But it is only the weather. My head is cool.

My prevailing feeling about the A to Z Challenge is one of love, happiness and gratitude.

A to Z Challenge 2014 Reflections

A to Z Challenge Reflections – Gratitude

I had guest posts by pure rock stars who graced my red carpet. These friends and fabulous bloggers squeezed the heck out of my heart with their beautiful posts and what’s more, absolutely rallied around to reply to comments – they are just wonderful.

Please – a standing ovation for my guests!

Kim of My Inner Chick W for Writing  ♥
Guilie of Quiet Laughter R for Rescue is not for sissies
Joy of Facets of Joy S for Sharing your heart smile with world
Jemima of Jemima Pett J for Juliet, Jemima
Patricia Crisafulli G for Grace
Pratibha Pal of Prats Musings E for Eco-living
Shailaja of Doting Mom Diary U for Unconditional
Tammy Soong B for Blogging Betties – Are you One?

My gratitude also goes out to my Commenting Champions

Sreeja Praveen
Beloo Mehra
Kim Sisto Robinson (love you more than the fragrance of the huge jasmine garden at our family home)
Susan Scott
Michelle Wallace – she gave me a solid complex by systematically catching up on reading and commenting on ALL my posts. Love you, Michelle! You are Ubuntu in action!
Kathy Combs
Tulika Singh
Shailaja
Marie Abanga
Proactive Indian
Mr KP who encouraged constantly

If I missed someone, it is all my fault. Please forgive me.

I had the privilege of guest posting at

Jemima’s blog – X for X-rays
Shailaja’s blog – Practicing Positive Parenting
Corinne’s blog – Z for Zig Ziglar

I can’t forget my friend Freya, who happily started participating on April .. and is now at the letter ” “. Love that girl!

A to Z Challenge 2014 Reflections

And you know what? My feelings about the A to Z Challenge which I wrote in my Reflections post last year still hold good. It is all about community, connections, exploring new styles, creativity, encouragement, commitment, new perspectives and learning and growing together. Oh, and the idea overflow! Love it!

To me, the A to Z Challenge is an exhilarating experience. I loved the adrenalin rush of posting every day, no matter what. I loved the excitement of discovering what the others had for that particular letter of the day. And I love that I wrote on the fly with zero planning, because that’s the way I roll. That doesn’t mean I didn’t think a lot – my drafts are proof of that…but I love the last minute rush.

What would I do different next year?

Definitely try and schedule posts, so there is more time for visiting and commenting. I wish.

Will I participate next year?

Of course.

Crazy question.

Blogging Challenges are fun!

vidya sury border

Here are my posts from the A to Z Challenge 2014, should you choose to browse and read.

1. A for Affirmations
  2. B for Blogging Betties. Are You One?
  3. C for Counting Calories
  22. V for Value of Values
  23. W for Writing
  24. X for Xeroxing Smiles
  25. Y for Yardsticks
  26. Z for Zeigarnik Effect

vidya sury border

A big thank you to Arlee Bird, the mastermind behind the A to Z Challenge, who has ensured that April is our favorite blogging month.

Thank you to the A to Z co-hosts, helpers and assistants

a to z challenge reflections

Finally my heart swells with gratitude towards you, my reader, my friend, my community. Thank you!

Did I collect smiles? Yes! I continue to do so. Every day.

Sandra Pawula
    May 8, 2014 at 12:08 am

I love all the joy and enthusiasm that you bring to and derive from the A to Z challenge! I appreciate that it’s about so much more like connecting and community.

I also loved hearing about this process meshes with your personality and how you love to do things on the fly.

I’m going in the opposite direction and only post once a week. My concern would be overwhelming my readers with too many posts if I were to post daily. But, I also see this could truly exercise my creativity and flexibility muscle.

Lots to think about. I really appreciate your reflections on the experience.
    Sandra Pawula recently posted…The True Power of Meditation: Heart Advice from 3 Exceptional WomenMy Profile

Marie Abanga
    May 8, 2014 at 12:47 am

Wow,

This is the second reflection I am seeing my name in. Did I do this well? Wait, now I have to write mine even if it may not be any hollistic. I am learning so much from you V and the others and I can’t be grateful enough 🙂
    Marie Abanga recently posted…June my Jamaican Heroine: series IIMy Profile

Loni Townsend
    May 8, 2014 at 2:39 am

A wonderful and beautiful reflection post. Sorry you fell ill, but I’m glad you’ve pulled through.
    Loni Townsend recently posted…26 take-aways from the #atozchallengeMy Profile

Damyanti
    May 8, 2014 at 7:23 am

It is amazing what you managed to do despite the setbacks, Vidya.

Proud to have worked with you and look forward to collaborating again! 😀

Proactive Indian
    May 8, 2014 at 10:43 am

While accepting your gratitude as one of your Commenting Champions, I must thank you for introducing me to A-Z and to A-Z Theme, and for being one of the Commenting Champions on my blog!

I had composed all 26 posts well before April 1. (Of course, I did replace a couple of posts and edit a few posts before publishing.) This gave me enough time to visit over 500 blogs. I got to know some amazing bloggers, many of whom I’m now following, and also acquired quite a few new followers for my blog.
    Proactive Indian recently posted…Sob, sob! Poor me! Everyone else is to blame!My Profile

Beloo Mehra
    May 8, 2014 at 11:05 am

Wow, it is really great that you could complete the challenge despite all that was going on…very well done! Congratulations once again. And thanks for the kind mention 🙂 I am impressed that you did most of the writing ‘on the fly’ as you say 🙂
    Beloo Mehra recently posted…In a Quandary about Blogging Awards: A Personal TakeMy Profile

Kalpana Solsi
    May 8, 2014 at 12:05 pm

A for Affirmations and I loved the post. Vidya your posts are like watering the plant of love. Am going to read all your posts.
    ‘I will do it and I can do it’ is a powerful reminder to oneself.
    Kalpana Solsi recently posted…Body parts IdiomMy Profile

Sreeja Praveen
    May 8, 2014 at 12:28 pm

Awee… 🙂 That’s a heartwarming post, Vidya 🙂

Believe us, the pleasure was all ours, because we were smiling ourselves, reading you, while contributing to your collection of smiles 😀

I love the spontaneity in your posts 🙂 That makes it all the more entertaining !

Congrats on the successful completion of AtoZ :)And Thanks and a biiig hug for all the support and love 🙂

And I dedicate my mug of filter coffee to you for the special mention 🙂 You love it na 🙂
    Sreeja Praveen recently posted…My A-to-Z Story 🙂My Profile

Shailaja V
    May 8, 2014 at 1:09 pm

Happy Reflections indeed Vidya 🙂 Glad you did such a fabulous job of the challenge! Thank you for having me over on your blog.
    Shailaja V recently posted…The Air I breathe: Reflections of Joy- A to Z 2014My Profile

Betsy/Zen Mama
    May 8, 2014 at 2:31 pm

Vidya,
    I thoroughly enjoyed reading your A to Z Challenge and wish I had the time to be part of the group! Congratulations! You did make me smile every day! Hope you’re feeling better, too.

Kathy
    May 8, 2014 at 4:02 pm

Congratulations on completing the challenge! You are one amazing lady and I am proud to have you as a friend. ♥
    Kathy recently posted…Ring HaikuMy Profile

vishalbheeroo
    May 8, 2014 at 5:34 pm

Vidya! Ur posts are beautiful and superb. You’ve been a huge motivation and absolutely love the posts. Amazing to see part of A to Z team.Cheerz
    vishalbheeroo recently posted…Pappu can’t do, Saala!!!My Profile

Cathy Taughinbaugh
    May 8, 2014 at 9:16 pm

Congrats on this great accomplishment, Vidya! I have enjoyed reading your posts! I’m sorry that were not feeling great, but hope you are feeling better. Wonderful to have this post to check back and reread!
    Cathy Taughinbaugh recently posted…Remembering My Mom This Mother’s DayMy Profile

Eli
    May 8, 2014 at 10:08 pm

Wow! Well done – dear Vidya – congratulations on completing the challenge! I will also be a bit more prepared next time… I think:-) Will read your posts that I didnt get to yet:-)
    Eli recently posted…A to Z challenge 2014 – my reflectionsMy Profile

May 8, 2014 at 10:33 pm

It is just beautiful to read your blog and it does put a smile on my face. It is a delight to follow your blog. Glad to know you will come back for the challenge next year-I will also
    Birgit recently posted…Liebster Award and Insecure Writers Support GroupMy Profile

simple girl
    May 8, 2014 at 11:24 pm

A whirlwind journey it has been and your posts have definitely made it more happy.. I came to know about the challenge and the theme reveal here and signed up for it.. Thanks a lot for that.. And then I decided to opt out from the theme reveal, but your reply made me persist.. So thanks once again.. 🙂 ..
    Congratulations on being a part of Blogging Betties..
    simple girl recently posted…AtoZchallenge – Z for… Oh yes, the last post for the challengeMy Profile

Jemima Pett
    May 8, 2014 at 11:32 pm

You’re awesome, Vidya. I bless the day that brought us together 🙂

Thank you so much for your friendship and you inspirations.
    Jemima Pett recently posted…Children’s Book Week Kid Lit Giveaway HopMy Profile

Gary
    May 9, 2014 at 6:06 am

Dear Vidya,

Despite the trials and tribulations in your personal life, you came through with a smile at you enjoyed the positive interaction. That’s an encouraging result, my dear friend.

Of course, I would never participate. Penny and I have, however, done our best to provide alternative light-hearted postings that we hope were appreciated by those who did the dreaded A to Z.

Hugs,

Gary, the friendly co-host of The Alphabark Challenge,2014! 🙂
    Gary recently posted…A River, Live-Streaming To You.My Profile

Corinne Rodrigues
    May 11, 2014 at 6:38 pm

You managed to rock it, didn’t you? And I’m not surprised at all! Thanks for the fun we had (and the mention 🙂 )
    Corinne Rodrigues recently posted…Be Uniquely YouMy Profile

Jayanta Tewari
    May 12, 2014 at 11:22 pm

Vidya, I was expecting no less from you. You are a creative person from head to toe and that reflect through your commitments…Lots to learn…
    Jayanta Tewari recently posted…No QualmsMy Profile