Day 2 of the #AtoZChallenge has me at B and it is B for Blogging Betties!
Every once in a blue moon (there, I got a B word in!) I fall in love at first sight. Okay, so of late I’ve been seeing a series of blue moons in my life. Truth. And so it was when I met Tammy Soong of Worlds Worst Moms a few months ago, via my lovely sis Vanita Cyril. Tammy enthralls with her writing. If I were asked to show an example for “writing with heart” it would be hers.
Tammy Soong is a writer, wife, and mom from Reno, Nevada. She takes an absurd amount of pain medication, but not enough to have actually named her children “Newt” and “Elfie.” She spends most days stressing out over clutter, writing stuff for her blog, and working on podcasts with her gal pals, the Blogging Betties.
But that is not all. See my awesome fall-in-love-with header? Tammy is the artist who created it. And Vanita made it look fab on this blog. I am indebted to them and have promised to
give them my first-born hand over half my kingdom (when I have one).
Please may I hear applause for Tammy and Vanita? Thanks!
♥ Over to ya, Tammy! ♥
When Vidya asked me to guest post and said I could have “B,” I thought, well dang, this worked out well. See, I just started a podcast called The Blogging Betties with my two gal pals, Vanita Cyril and Poppy Marler. Every week we talk shop and interview awesome bloggers from around the sphere. Not sure you’d like it? Maybe run through this quick list to find out…
You may be a Blogging Betty if:
1. You check your email, Facebook, or Twitter feed in the morning before you check your children.
2. The school sends you an article on “How to limit screen time at home,” and you realize the only person in the house who really needs to “work on that” is you.
3. Every time you take a picture, your kid asks, “Are you gonna post that?”
4. Your friends are afraid to have lunch with you because they know they’ll end up in your blog.
5. You clean up the mess around a mess before you take a photo of it so it’ll be more pinnable.
6. You write a post called, “Blog Stats Don’t Make the Blogger,” and then obsessively check the stats on it.
7. You’re the “techy-est” person in your house.
8. The number of times you’ve promised yourself you’ll “get to bed early tonight” directly correlates with the number of days you’ve been blogging.
9. Unlike the “regular” people you know IRL, you actually spend time on Google+.
10. When someone mentions “Alexa,” you immediately think of a number, not a kid from your daughter’s class or the mis-pronounced name of an old character on Dynasty.
So, think you’re a Betty? Come check out the Blogging Betties Podcast. We do a new show every Tuesday and have great posts on the blog in-between. And we’re cheap and easy! The podcast is free, and you can download it and take anywhere (that’s what you were thinking when I said “cheap and easy,” right?).
Thanks for letting me hang out with you today! Bye bye Betties!
Thank you Tammy!
And oh, guys can be Blogging Betties too!
What do you think? Are you a Blogging Betty?
The Blogging Betties Podcast is where veteran bloggers/gal pals Poppy, Tammy, and Vanita share all the tips, tricks, and tools you’ll need to navigate the blogosphere. Each week they bring in top bloggers to tell their stories, spill their best secrets, and share their past screw-ups. Get ready to make your mark — the Blogging Betties are here to help.