happiness

Happiness is Homemade

happiness vidya sury

When Darla tagged me for the Eight Photos of Happiness bloghop, I was delighted. I love photos. Every photo I click feels like a story, a precious package of memories that transport me to that moment in time. And of course, a total de-stresser!

Darla is a fabulous writer and a warm person, and a pleasure to know! Please do visit her blog and enjoy! She also writes at the Writer’s Retreat

Thank you, Darla!

Now, if there’s one thing that absolutely challenges me, it is choosing photos. Considering I am constantly clicking them and am a chronic shutterbug, my biggest dilemma is picking a few of my favorites. Luckily, this time I have a theme – my favorite theme – happiness. So let me try and do my best here.

Predictably, these are photos of my family. I just pulled out my favorite album and chose random photos. Because I love them all.

1. I can never get over his expression in this photo. 9 months old and a pure bundle of joy and happiness!

vidya sury happiness

2. His smile just made us all super-happy. Us including neighbors, who complained about his….not crying.

vidya sury happiness

3.  He would bring me back a gift every day after his walk outside or upstairs with his Grandmother. Often it was a sheaf of leaves. I got a tshirt with a lion on it and he assumed it was for him. The size didn’t bother him at all. He also felt most comfortable in my house slippers.

vidya sury happiness

4. We enjoyed dressing him up so much as different mythological characters. I’ve lost count of the number of fancy dress competitions he’s won in this avatar of the Mother Goddess.

vidya sury happiness

5. Pure happiness. Seeing them together, usually laughing loudly, sometimes arguing, rarely quiet, always made me feel blessed beyond measure.

vidya sury happiness

6.  This photo just makes me happy. My Mom looks beautiful as always, with her lovely smile. I love that Vidur chose to carry the bigger bag!

vidya sury happiness

7.  This is a favorite photo. Sury is busy explaining something to Vidur. who is absolutely focused on his icecream, oblivious to everything else. He had more important things to attend to, such as eating the ice cream before it melted.

vidya sury happiness

8. Just love this pic. It was a morning of laughter before we set off to see the Taj Mahal for the first time.

vidya sury happiness

Okay, you didn’t think I’d actually stop at eight, did you? No way!

9. I love walking together on the terrace every evening enjoying nature. I love how Vidur and Sury walk together busy discussing stuff. I miss it so much now when I walk alone.

vidya sury happiness

10. At the airport after a happy trip to see my best friend. Couldn’t get over the size of that furry friend!

vidya sury happiness

11. Blowing bubbles. Who grows out of that? I had the most happy hour watching him enjoy himself, as I’ve done countless times.

vidya sury happiness

12.  Another happy moment. A rare photo where the three of us are together. We had no idea when our next vacation would be, or what the next two months would bring. Little did we know that Vidur would be back in that town and make it his home for the next 5 years.

vidya sury happiness

13. Happiness is…meeting The Dalai Lama. Great moment. A dream come true.

vidya sury happiness

Can’t control happiness, right?

Here are the guidelines for the eight photos of happiness bloghop:

1. Tag me in your post.
  2. Link to the creator of the tag. Ariel Ward from Ariel’s little corner of the internet
  3. Show off your own 8 photos of happiness and have fun picking them!
  4. You can add a little description of the photos or just let the photos speak for themselves. Easy!
  5. Tag others. Essentially, spread the happiness and make the world a better place!

I am happy to tag the following bloggers! No pressure, but imagine actually refusing to have fun!

1. Shantala
  2. Aj Ishaan
  3. Birgit
  4. Suzy
  5. Tulika
  6. Corinne
  7. Laurel Regan
  8. UnknownMami
  9. Freya
  10. Kathy
  11. Rachna

Please do feel free to take up this fun challenge! 🙂

Obsessivemom
    September 3, 2015 at 12:14 pm

I will I will. You give me great tags. So much of our happiness stems from home and family, isn’t it? And from such simple things as watching your loved ones walking together. Sweet. Loved your pictures.
    Obsessivemom recently posted…A rantMy Profile

September 3, 2015 at 12:23 pm

Hugs, Tulika! So happy you will! I realized I could pick up any random photos and would still feel happy – but right now you know I am in a mushy place – and I just couldn’t help myself. I mean, I’d look at these any day 😉 Heheh. I am watching out for your post!
      Vidya Sury recently posted…Happiness is the Way #DrWayneDyer #QuotesMy Profile

Shailaja
    September 3, 2015 at 3:38 pm

Really lovely to see all those pictures of Vidur. He is such a cute bundle, isn’t he?! That Dalai Lama picture makes me smile, all the time I see it. I love how the happiness comes through in your pictures, Vidya. Beautiful post.
    Shailaja recently posted…Blogiversary- 8 years as a Mom BloggerMy Profile

September 3, 2015 at 3:50 pm

Thank you dearest Shailaja! Nothing like our babies to make the sun shine fiercely, no? 🙂
      Vidya Sury recently posted…Eat. Pray. Love.My Profile

Mahathi Ramya
    September 3, 2015 at 4:07 pm

Lovely pics.. great memories. I too love photos a lot, just seeing my old albums will give me new energy and definitely brings a smile on my face.
    Mahathi Ramya recently posted…Love, as projected in moviesMy Profile

anks
    September 3, 2015 at 7:14 pm

Such a fun way to relive old memories Vidya… Your descriptions of the pictures made it even better!
    anks recently posted…Five Years – #ThrowbackThursdayMy Profile

September 4, 2015 at 7:37 pm

Thank you Ankita! Do you feel inspired to take up the challenge? Consider yourself tagged!
      Vidya Sury recently posted…Back To SchoolMy Profile

Debbie D.
    September 4, 2015 at 12:10 am

Such a happy family! 🙂 Love your photos, Vidya.
    Debbie D. recently posted…#8PhotosofHappiness for #MondayMusingsMy Profile

Darla M Sands
    September 4, 2015 at 6:32 am

You are too kind. And your photos brought such tremendous joy to my day! Thank you. I look forward to reading/seeing the joy spread. Best wishes.
    Darla M Sands recently posted…Dancin’ the Night AwayMy Profile

September 4, 2015 at 6:45 am

Oh thank you Vidya! This is really sweet and I will take on the challenge and combine it with my gratitude post since I missed the last 2 months. I love that family is at the heart of all your pictures as well as love. I am certain you are missing your son right now.

September 4, 2015 at 7:39 pm

I am, Birgit and I look forward to hearing his voice every day! This photo challenge was just the excuse I needed to spend hours looking at photos! I am looking forward to your post!
      Vidya Sury recently posted…Back To SchoolMy Profile

G Angela
    September 5, 2015 at 1:19 pm

I took this opportunity to pick up 8 photos and also write a few lines, thanks vidya once again, you have motivated me to do a post.

September 5, 2015 at 1:31 pm

I seriously suspect that it is because you are Awesome and a Champ, Angela. Coming over to your place now! Thank you so much for honoring me by taking up this tag!
      Vidya Sury recently posted…Back To SchoolMy Profile