When Darla tagged me for the Eight Photos of Happiness bloghop, I was delighted. I love photos. Every photo I click feels like a story, a precious package of memories that transport me to that moment in time. And of course, a total de-stresser!
Darla is a fabulous writer and a warm person, and a pleasure to know! Please do visit her blog and enjoy! She also writes at the Writer’s Retreat
Thank you, Darla!
Now, if there’s one thing that absolutely challenges me, it is choosing photos. Considering I am constantly clicking them and am a chronic shutterbug, my biggest dilemma is picking a few of my favorites. Luckily, this time I have a theme – my favorite theme – happiness. So let me try and do my best here.
Predictably, these are photos of my family. I just pulled out my favorite album and chose random photos. Because I love them all.
- I can never get over his expression in this photo. 9 months old and a pure bundle of joy and happiness!
2. His smile just made us all super-happy. Us including neighbors, who complained about his….not crying.
3. He would bring me back a gift every day after his walk outside or upstairs with his Grandmother. Often it was a sheaf of leaves. I got a tshirt with a lion on it and he assumed it was for him. The size didn’t bother him at all. He also felt most comfortable in my house slippers.
4. We enjoyed dressing him up so much as different mythological characters. I’ve lost count of the number of fancy dress competitions he’s won in this avatar of the Mother Goddess.
5. Pure happiness. Seeing them together, usually laughing loudly, sometimes arguing, rarely quiet, always made me feel blessed beyond measure.
6. This photo just makes me happy. My Mom looks beautiful as always, with her lovely smile. I love that Vidur chose to carry the bigger bag!
7. This is a favorite photo. Sury is busy explaining something to Vidur. who is absolutely focused on his icecream, oblivious to everything else. He had more important things to attend to, such as eating the ice cream before it melted.
8. Just love this pic. It was a morning of laughter before we set off to see the Taj Mahal for the first time.
Okay, you didn’t think I’d actually stop at eight, did you? No way!
9. I love walking together on the terrace every evening enjoying nature. I love how Vidur and Sury walk together busy discussing stuff. I miss it so much now when I walk alone.
10. At the airport after a happy trip to see my best friend. Couldn’t get over the size of that furry friend!
11. Blowing bubbles. Who grows out of that? I had the most happy hour watching him enjoy himself, as I’ve done countless times.
12. Another happy moment. A rare photo where the three of us are together. We had no idea when our next vacation would be, or what the next two months would bring. Little did we know that Vidur would be back in that town and make it his home for the next 5 years.
13. Happiness is…meeting The Dalai Lama. Great moment. A dream come true.
Can’t control happiness, right?