“There is no way to happiness. Happiness is the way”
One of my all-time favorite quotes from Dr Wayne Dyer, the visionary who became immortal on Aug 29, 2015. Dr.Dyer was diagnosed with leukemia in 2009, but claimed to have treated it with positive thinking, daily exercise and “psychic surgery.”. We could all do with a big dose of psychic surgery in our lives!
I wasn’t in the frame of mind to read a self-help book at the time, but I certainly enjoyed talking to my Uncle. He introduced me to some fantastic philosophies about life and great authors and was a shining example of a wonderful human being. He also introduced me to the limerick.
Obviously I expected something I expected for my birthday, but my Uncle wisely told me that I’d be thankful to him in a few years when I was ready to appreciate the book. He was right. I am embarrassed to confess that I always assumed the title was Your Erogenous Zones, until he quoted from the book one day, and I discovered that it was actually Your Erroneous Zones. Today, it has a place of pride on my favorite bookshelf, both for the author and my Uncle.
Today, as we mourn the loss of this great “guru” who impacted millions of lives with his words, affirmations and beliefs, I am sharing a repository of his quotes and affirmations here. Very uplifting. Each one designed to motivate you when you need it.
Enjoy! And be inspired.
Dr Wayne Dyer Quotes
1. How people treat you is their karma; how you react is yours.
2. Change the way you look at things and the things you look at change.
3. Friends are God’s way of apologizing for your family.
4. Go for it now. The future is promised to no one.
5. Everything is perfect in the universe – even your desire to improve it.
6. With everything that has happened to you, you can either feel sorry for yourself or treat what has happened as a gift. Everything is either an opportunity to grow or an obstacle to keep you from growing. You get to choose.
7. When you judge another, you do not define them, you define yourself.
8. You cannot be lonely if you like the person you’re alone with.
9. Self-worth comes from one thing: Thinking that you are worthy.
10. You are not stuck where you are unless you decide to be.
11. If you believe it will work out, you’ll see opportunities. If you believe it won’t you will see obstacles.
12. The next time you are contemplating a decision in which you are debating whether or not to take charge of yourself, to make your own choice, ask yourself an important question, ‘How long am I going to be dead?’ With that eternal perspective, you can now make your own choice and leave the worrying, the fears, the question of whether you can afford it and the guilt to those who are going to be alive forever.
13. Passion is a feeling that tells you: this is the right thing to do. Nothing can stand in my way. It doesn’t matter what anyone else says. This feeling is so good that it cannot be ignored. I’m going to follow my bliss and act upon this glorious sensation of joy.
14. All blame is a waste of time. No matter how much fault you find with another, and regardless of how much you blame him, it will not change you. The only thing blame does is to keep the focus off you when you are looking for external reasons to explain your unhappiness or frustration. You may succeed in making another feel guilty about something by blaming him, but you won’t succeed in changing whatever it is about you that is making you unhappy.
15. You’ll seldom experience regret for anything that you’ve done. It is what you haven’t done that will torment you. The message, therefore, is clear. Do it! Develop an appreciation for the present moment. Seize every second of your life and savor it.
16. Your reputation is in the hands of others. That is what the reputation is. You can’t control that. The only thing you can control is your character.
17. When the choice is to be right or to be kind, always make the choice that brings peace.
18. I am realistic – I expect miracles.
19. There is no stress in the world, only people thinking stressful thoughts.
20. You have everything you need for complete peace and total happiness right now.
21. The more you see yourself as what you’d like to become, and act as if what you want is already there, the more you’ll activate those dormant forces that will collaborate to transform your dream into your reality.
22. Conflict cannot survive without your participation
23. Be immersed in and surrounded by peace. Your Highest Self only wants you to be at peace. It does not judge, compare, or demand that you be defeat anyone, or be better than anyone.
24. A mind at peace, a mind centered and not focused on harming others, is stronger than any physical force in the universe.
25. Circumstances do not make a man, they reveal him.
26. You’ll see it when you believe it.
27. If you knew who walked beside you at all times, on the path that you have chosen, you could never experience fear or doubt again.
28. Heaven on Earth is a choice you must make, not a place you must find.
29. You don’t need to be better than anyone else; you just need to be better than you used to be
30. Begin to see yourself as a soul with a body rather than a body with a soul.
31. Your children will see what you’re all about by what you live rather than what you say.
32. In any relationship in which two people become one, the end result is two half people.
33. We are not human beings in search of a spiritual experience. We are spiritual beings immersed in a human experience.
34. When you dance, your purpose is not to get to a certain place on the floor. It’s to enjoy each step along the way.
35. You cannot always control what goes on outside. But you can always control what goes on inside.
36. Each experience in your life was necessary in order to have gotten you to the next place, and the next place, up to this very moment.
37. When you’re at peace with yourself and love yourself, it is virtually impossible to do things to do things to yourself that are destructive.
38. Be miserable. Or motivate yourself. Whatever has to be done, it’s always your choice.
39. Upon awakening, let the words Thank You flow from your lips, for this will remind you to begin your day with gratitude and compassion
40. Love is co-operation rather than competition
41. Relationships based on obligations lack dignity.
42. Deficiency motivation doesn’t work. It will lead to a life-long pursuit of try to fix me. Learn to appreciate what you have and where and who you are.
43. You are doomed to make choices. This is life’s greatest paradox.
44. There’s nothing wrong with anger provided you use it constructively.
45. Doing what you love is the cornerstone of having abundance in your life.
46. It’s never crowded along the extra mile.
47. When you have the choice between being right and being kind just choose kind.
48. Here is an affirmation for today: I feel passionately about my life, and this passion fills me with excitement and energy!
49. Practice being the kind of person you wish to attract.
50. Having a mind that is open to everything and attached to nothing seems to me to be one of the most basic principles that you can adopt to contribute to individual and world peace.
51. Miracles come in moments. Be ready and willing.
52. There is no scarcity of opportunity to make a living at what you love; there’s only scarcity of resolve to make it happen.
53. When you stay on purpose and refuse to be discouraged by fear, you align with the infinite self, in which all possibilities exist.
54. Anything you really want, you can attain, if you really go after it.
55. When you’re at peace with yourself and love yourself, it is virtually impossible to do things to yourself that are destructive.
56. Any and all thoughts that you have regarding your own skills, interests, and inclinations are valid.
57. I would rather be hated for who I am than loved for who I’m not.
58. When you change the way you look at things, the things you look at change
59. Creativity means believing you have greatness
60. Loving people live in a loving world. Hostile people live in a hostile world. Same world.
61. Consider that all human beings have within them the same essence of consciousness, and that the process of creativity and genius are attributes of human consciousness. Therefore, genius is a potential that lives within you and every other human being.
62. We only have to move beyond the barriers we have created to a blissful and empowering view of reality.
63. Everything you are against weakens you. Everything you are for empowers you.
64. When you squeeze an orange, orange juice comes out – because that’s what’s inside. When you are squeezed, what comes out is what is inside.
65. Our intention creates our reality.
66. Your children will see what you’re all about by what you live rather than what you say.
67. The highest form of ignorance is when you reject something you don’t know anything about.
68. Stop acting as if life is a rehearsal. Live this day as if it were your last. The past is over and gone. The future is not guaranteed.
69. Love is the ability and willingness to allow those that you care for to be what they choose for themselves without any insistence that they satisfy you.
70. The fact that you are willing to say, ‘I do not understand, and it is fine,’ is the greatest understanding you could exhibit.
71. Things don’t really matter. But I always act as if they do.
72. There is no way to happiness, happiness is the way.
73. What we think determines what happens to us, so if we want to change our lives, we need to stretch our minds.
74. Look for the blessing in every situation
Now, a special treat – yes, you can change old habits!
From Dr. Wayne Dyer’s book “Excuses Begone” – List of 18 affirmations:
How has Dr Wayne Dyer touched your life?