Today is the concluding day of the month-long “The Haiku Challenge 2012 – 29 days, 29 haikus” graciously hosted by “Someone Is Special” Saravana. It has been a novel and amazing experience for me. What a journey!
Although I pride myself on sticking with anything I take up and seeing it through to completion, I must confess that I did have my moments when I thought I’d skip a day or two (or more) of this haiku challenge. I mean, 29 days! Gasp! Seemed like a lot of work. I focused on it though, and the editorial schedule I had proudly made for my blog went for a toss.
I groaned under the pressure of my regular client work, health issues, domestic emergencies and social media. But I loved it. Do I regret any of it? No way. I think this is the first month since I started my blog that it has a post for each day of the month, thanks solely to the discipline lovingly imposed by the challenge. I loved seeing the comments. It was somewhat of a self-discovery for me – because although I enjoyed reading haiku, I never thought I’d attempt it with such commitment! What a memorable February in the leap year!
- Thrilled to connect with so many wonderful artistic and creative writers – the enthusiasm is so contagious!
- Grateful for all the support and inspiration
- Overjoyed to have started a new habit – now, if I enjoy someone’s post, I feel like replying with a haiku. My folks think I have the haiku-mania
- When I like someone’s blog, I dedicate a haiku
- I’ve learned new styles of poetry
- I thought I’d miss the challenge when the 29 days are up, but now that haiku has become a happy habit, I don’t think so! For me, the journey begins!
- I’ve had the privilege of fellow bloggers sharing what I write and I am blessed to receive the love
- This has been a wonderful experience
- My editorial calendar for March and April are magically ready :-). So maybe I don’t always follow it, so what?
So, is it not fitting that I start today’s haiku with first, a tribute to our dear Saravana?
Someone is special
Deserves a standing ovation
for outstanding work
And now, the prompt for Day 29
A haiku based on the theme or word “Journey”
My journey of nine
and twenty haikus began
with a leap of faith
Along the way I
wondered, “will I enjoy it?
Will I see it through?”
An enchanting trip
Through fellow blogs inspired my
Flights of fantasy
Now, readers, tell me
What did you think of this trip?
Was the trek worth it?
This has been so much fun!
Day 29 – February 29th – Theme or Word: Journey