A Native American boy was talking with his grandfather. “What do you think about the world situation?” he asked. The grandfather replied, “I feel like wolves are fighting in my heart. One is full of anger and hatred; the other is full of love, forgiveness, and peace.” “Which one will win?” asked the boy. To which the grandfather replied, “The one I feed.” (Origin Unknown)
|This is one of my most favorite photos|
- Will the driver call?
- Will he report on time?
- Will he get stuck in a traffic jam and miss his flight?
- Will he reach the airport in time?
- Will the flight take off on time?
- Quit worrying. It hurts your head and your mood. Use the energy to think positive. Be present.
- View problems are opportunities. My Mom always said that if I could identify the problem I also have the ability to identify the solution.
- When a negative thought pops up, tell it to shut up. Don’t allow it to build up and snowball. Don’t water your weeds.
- Identify thoughts and beliefs that drag you down. Make the conscious effort to get rid of them.
- Try and minimize “regrets”. The past is gone. The future is unknown. And there’s a solid reason why the “present” is called a gift.
- Take responsibility for your actions and their consequences. Don’t pass the buck. It is easy to blame others when you feel unhappy. But it is really in your hands.
- Define what success means to you. Set goals. Figure out how to reach them.
- Work on your self confidence. Most issues in life stem from a lack of self-esteem
- Hang out with people who are positive – form a support group. Open yourself to positive thoughts. And enjoy the motivation.
- Forget about mistakes you might have made. Instead, think about what you learned. Based on this, make better choices.
- Practice gratitude and appreciation. Focus on what is. Not what isn’t
- Nurture your relationships
- Think about what is important. Sometimes things just won’t go your way and that’s okay.
- Don’t be quick to pass judgments. This includes yourself and others.
- Make a “what makes me happy” list.
- Don’t resist when good things happen.
- Get over the fear of rejection. Practice saying “So what!”
- Do random acts of kindness – and feel the pleasure
- Make a list of your achievements and appreciate yourself.
- Live as though every day is a miracle. It is, you know.
- Go ahead. Shake the world.