And it is time for my weekly gratitude list. So much to be grateful for! Where do I begin?
- Let me start with family – I am blessed with a wonderful one! I am thinking of those days when my Mom would joking say that it is okay to have tough times and suffer when we’re young, because we’re emotionally and physically more resilient. It is when we grow older that we need a stronger dose of happiness. I agree, now, even though I didn’t, back then. I am grateful for my life, such as it is, for a family that supports me even when I tell them I don’t feel like cooking or housework sometimes. I do it anyway, but the support is awesome!
- Friends come a close second! My best friend called every single day last week to celebrate birthday week! She also asked me what to cook on my birthday, even though we are thousands of miles apart. It felt so nice as we shared our day every day and laughed our heads off.
- I am thrilled about all the friends who called to chat and to Ravi, who never misses sending me a specially made card for my birthday every year. I cherish our friendship.
- Grateful to Fran Sorin, who sent me such a fabulous greeting card. I treasure it!
- For the love that fills my life in so many ways, neighbors who are friendly, the milkman who stops to chat, the medical store guy who’ll deliver my prescription late at night without complaining.
- An acquaintance at the bus stop with whom I’ve become friends. She’s full of health tips and life’s lessons. Always has a smile for me and if she gets into the bus before I do, she saves me a seat. I don’t know her name and she doesn’t know mine.
- For the flower-seller near our place who is generous and kind and always has a compliment for me. So maybe we have a mutual admiration society between the two of us, but hey, it works.
- For the strong mug of coffee I enjoy every morning, which is allowed in my diet. So happy about that particular detail in my life!
- For my doctor’s visit that went better than I expected last week. From almost sky high levels my sugar and cholesterol are within acceptable range and for that, I am grateful and she’s happy! It is amazing how encouraging a good visit to the doctor can be to motivate me to work hard at maintaining my health.
- For your support, as always
I am gearing up for October’s daily blogging activities. Even though I had some hiccups during September, I am not going to worry about the days I didn’t post.
I plan to participate int he following linkup on all three blogs – here, Coffee with Mi and Be Healthy, Be Happy.
- 31 days – an online writing challenge where bloggers pick one topic and write a post on that topic every day in October.
- 31 days of Five Minute Free Writes hosted by Kate Motaung
- BlogHer’s NaBloPoMo October 2014
- Ultra Blog Challenge
I know this means a lot of writing. My goal is to one day turn my blogs into books! ♥
Talking of books, I am so happy to announce that the 10th anniversary edition of my dear friend Fran Sorin classic book is out!
Digging Deep is a powerfully uplifting and transformative self-help book for the creatively and spiritually challenged. Overflowing with tips, exercises, and resources, this instructive and inspirational guide is even more vital in today’s technology obsessed culture than when first published 10 years ago. Fran shares the lessons she’s learned from gardening over the past thirty years to guide you in unearthing the innate creativity and joy of your own true nature. If you’re yearning to get out of the rut you’re in and cultivate more meaning and connection in life, Digging Deep offers encouragement and the tools to make it happen.
Check it out here:
You are a superwoman! And can do anything… and that includes that tremendous amount of writing too. <3
Sheethal recently posted…Things To Tick Off Before The Last Breath …
Lovely list. Stay blessed:)
Vishal Bheeroo recently posted…Farewell Orkut: Eight-year-itch ends
It is so wonderful to read your gratitude list. I often listen to people complain about what they don’t have and they never seem to think about what they do have. We must all slow down, calm the mind and be grateful for the day we had even if not much happened
Birgit recently posted…Card Making A-Go-Go
Such a wonderful list. And very ambitious goals for October – I believe you can do it! Love the idea of turning your blog into a book.
Laurel Regan recently posted…Tangled Tuesday No. 22 + 100 Happy Days – Day 18
hi, you are awesome Vidya. as usual I liked this post. its too good and touched the right chord. do keep posting and making us smile.
Among many other things, I’m grateful that I can easily get a dose of positivity be reading your blog!
Proactive Indian recently posted…A Gandhian in thought and deed!