happiness The Red Carpet

Happiness is celebrating with you

Happiness is Vidya Sury

I invited you to complete the sentence, Happiness is … and I am so excited to share your response! Thank you so much for celebrating with me!

Happiness is friends, family, community.

Happiness is love, celebrating the small things in life, living in the present moment.

My heart overflows with love to read your words and I am privileged to share them in this post. Each one of you is a wonderful writer and I love your blogs!

Over to you, now.

Happiness is …

A state of Mind. If one can control mind over matter, then Happiness is a Way of Life!! Aditi at makeitbeaYOUtiful

Like butterfly it will not come to you if you go catching it but it will land on you when You stop the chase and sit peacefully. Afshan at The Pensive

Happiness is that unconscious competence to just be happy..You dont need a reason! Apoorva at Where the mind is without fear

The little things that are often taken for granted…a healthy family, doing what I love, a good book, a fun home cooked meal, a glass of wine and a beautiful sunset. I also believe that Happiness is making the best of what you have and not looking for it somewhere else. Betsy The Zen Mama

Happiness is the capacity to forgive. Bharath Sethuraman

Finding inner peace and enjoying the love of family and friends. Cathy at Treatment Talk

Happiness is a healing heart. ♥ Carolyn Hughes at The Hurt Healer

Currently, happiness is being able to walk regularly for at least 5-6 days a week, thanks to the Indiblogeshwaris group! Chicky Kadambari at Mys-teerious

Enjoying the simple things in life. Christy Garrett at Uplifting Families

All it is cracked up to be. Claudya Unknown Mami

Happiness is a lazy Sunday afternoon – having a nice meal cooked by my husband and me and having our dog sprawled by our bed while we read and relax.Corinne Rodrigues at Everyday Gyaan

Happiness is Vidya Sury Keys

Love my red plate!

Happiness is getting to know yourself, and to like and love the person you are. Happiness comes easier when you know the beautiful soul inside your own body and choose to be with that person rather than wish to be in someone else’s shoes. It is a discovery process that happens only when you are open and willing to embracing whatever you find inside, and it helps to know that whatever it is, it is one of a kind, unique and a brilliant gift to this world. All your happiness comes from within. Farnoosh Brock at Prolific Living

Happiness is the courage to be real. I have found that I feel happiest when I am being myself. Even though it might feel difficult in the moment, the payoff I get in my sense of integrity and authenticity is more than worth it. Hannah at Becoming Who You Are

Bringing meaning and pleasure into our lives. When we live in accordance with our values, our passions and interests, our purpose and meaning, we live a life of well-being. We can experience hardships and still lead a rich and rewarding life filled with positive (and negative) emotions. Harriet Cabelly at Rebuild Life Now

Happiness is something that’s always around us. One needs to experience it and stop going after it. Jayashree at JaishWrites

Happiness is on my kitchen shelf

Happiness is on my kitchen shelf. That Buddha is full of coins

A cup of tea in early morning sunshine in a just-watered garden. Jan Johnsen at Serenity in the garden

Noticing how my hand fits just perfectly in my sweetie’s. It’s watching our cats chase each other around the house. It’s looking into my dog’s wise eyes. It’s realizing that my inbox will never be empty and being okay with that. It’s fresh lemonade, crackers and guacamole, and a funny movie on a Saturday afternoon. It’s knowing that I’m right where I’m supposed to be exactly when I need to be there. Jodi Chapman at Soul Speaks

Knowing that each day is a fresh slate. What’s done is done. What remains to be done hasn’t yet happened. The only moment is now. And it’s living in the present, and being present every moment that is true happiness. Kaarina Dillabough ♥ Decide2Do

Happiness is the ability to look in the mirror and genuinely like who you see staring back. It is the byproduct of a life of gratitude, love and regular acts of kindness. Ken Wert at Meant to be happy

Happiness is gold sun melting upon my face when I only thought there was darkness. Kim Sisto Robinson at My Inner Chick

So many things. For today, it was a cool breeze. Laurie Matherne at Honduras Gumbo

Doing little things like they are the biggest things in the world. If you think little things do not matter on a bigger perspective, then your perspective always stays clouded, and happiness far away. So smile, tell someone what they mean to you, read a book, write a poem or just put all your love into a tight hug. I think that would bring someone even a moment of happiness, and a moment that is frown-less. Leo at I Rhyme without reason

Being at peace with myself. Mary Stephenson at Necessity of Change

My family. Nabanita Dhar at Random Thoughts

Happiness is my family

Deciding to be happy, no matter what.  Happiness is always available.  All we have to do is choose it. Paige Burkes at Simple Mindfulness

Happiness is when I see a smile on other person’s face when I say ‘thank you’ to him. Philip V Ariel at Philips.com

A state of mind which when left alone comes to us easier than when we pursue it. Happiness is that place where I am, because of which I smile. Happiness is also my family and friends and that feeling of being blessed with love. Pixie at My Take on Everything

Being with my lovely family. Happiness is spending some nice time over coffee with a bunch of friends, laughing and reminiscing with gentle banter. Happiness is sitting by my window watching rain fall silently and just gazing into it silently with multiple memories clouding my mind. Rachna Parmar at Rachna Says

Happiness is to see someone heal from their chronic pain. Ruchira at Abracadabra

Happiness is having such incredibly talented and passionate writers from all over the world join together to create a one-of-a-kind epic story driven by music! Sam of Samantha Redstreake Geary

Happiness is peace, love, compassion and wisdom. Sandra Pawula at Always Well Within

Happiness is fleeting and to be enjoyed in the moment. Sarah at Panic Away Book Review Dot Org

Knowing that you don’t have best of everything but making the best use of everything that comes your way. It is not something that you’d enjoy or achieve at the end of your goal or destination but at each and every step of the journey. Shilpa Garg at A Rose is a Rose is a Rose

Watching my sons polish the last morsel from their plates with great relish. Sridevi at Bhelpuri Unlimited

Me and you creating ripples of change in the world through love. Suzie Cheel at Love you, love your life

A loving hug. Suzy Que at Someday Somewhere

Present Moment Vidya Sury moose

This is the tip of my pencil. There’s a spring that makes the moose bounce.

Happiness is my children’s laughter. Even when they’re laughing at me. Their laughter, even in the darkest of moments, is my light at the end of the tunnel. Vanita Cyril at The Strategic Mama

Happiness is PriceLESS. Thank God for Credit Cards during Sales. Vinita Bahl at BlogwatiG

The best state of one’s mind. For me it is a good bond with God, my parents and relatives, and good behaviour from my own side. Vidur Sury at Vidur Sury

Accepting myself and others for who we are. And another thought: Happiness is living without attachment or expectations. Vishnu at Vishnu’s Virtues

Happiness is such a great place to be!

Did you enjoy that?

I invite you to join The Happiness Movement on Facebook, a joyous initiative by my dear friend Ken Wert  of Meant To Be Happy.

happiness is

What is The Happiness Movement?

It is a Facebook page rapidly growing into a hub of happiness, a one-stop-shop for all things happy and a community forum focused on the cause of happiness. To borrow Ken’s words,

“I want the world, in fact, to be awash in happiness, lubricated at its squeaky points, warmed by its glow, changed by its substance.

Why?

Because happy people are healthier, better adjusted, more confident, more productive, friendlier, kinder, and more loving.”

Now who would want to say no to that? Read more about The Happiness Movement Launch

To join, all you have to do is “like” The Happiness Movement Facebook Page

Ah, just one more thing!

I am participating in the Tree of Life, Branching Out collaborative writing challenge.

Tree of Life

Tree of Life: Branching Out is orchestrated by Samantha Redstreake Geary. It is a collaborative writing challenge, where creative minds meet epic movie music. Preselected guest writers representing all genres, from all across the globe, will contribute their own 150 word excerpt to a continuing story collectively written over the course of 26 days.

Each of the 26 writers will find inspiration in a featured composition from the motion picture music production house, audiomachine’s new TREE OF LIFE album. These clever masters of the craft will spin the story in whatever direction they choose, picking up where the previous writer left off, resulting in the ultimate collaborative tale.

Please visit Tree of Life: Branching Out – to read, comment and win prizes!

The challenge kicked off on July 15th and will run through August 9th. Please do check it out!

I am grateful for your presence here today.

Thank you!

Happiness is Vidya Sury

I am linking up with UnknownMami ‘s Sundays In My City – We travel the world together!

P.S.: (Who does a PS on a blog?) If you are here for the first time and/or missed contributing to this post, you are welcome to do it now. I’ll be happy to add it to this post!

Betsy/Zen Mama
    July 29, 2013 at 2:27 am

Vidya,
    What a wonderful idea! I loved reading what everyone had to say here. Thank you for including me!! And I’ll check out the facebook “Happiness Movement Launch” page. Thanks, as always, for a great post to read!

PS (Yes, I do PSes) Today is rocking!! 🙂
    Betsy/Zen Mama recently posted…Are You A Validator?My Profile

Harriet Cabelly
    July 29, 2013 at 3:48 am

Thank you for including me in this uplifting and ‘happy’ post. What a great topic for a compilation of responses.

Sandra Pawula
    July 29, 2013 at 4:40 am

Wow, so much happiness wisdom in one place! Love it. Thank you Vidya. Yes, I missed! Here’s mine:

Happiness is peace, love, compassion and wisdom.
    Sandra Pawula recently posted…The Heart of July: The Joy of FlowingMy Profile

Harriet Cabelly
    July 29, 2013 at 6:46 am

Thank you for including me in your wonderful compilation of happiness concepts.

Mary Stephenson
    July 29, 2013 at 7:17 am

Hi Vidya

What a nice share by everyone. We all come by happiness in our own ways and our own time. For some it is a lifetime of seeking and never achieving full time happiness. But almost everyone has had something in their lives that can measure what happiness is supposed to feel like. We all know what feels good, what feels bad, what causes us to smile and what gives us pain.

A wonderful collaboration of other peoples thoughts on the subject.

Mary
    Mary Stephenson recently posted…Appreciation of the Things We Never Really SeeMy Profile

Suzie Cheel
    July 29, 2013 at 7:24 am

Thanks for your beautiful happiness that you sread aroung the world and for including mine I heart you
    Suzie Cheel recently posted…Be Celebrating YouMy Profile

July 29, 2013 at 11:15 am

I heart you right back, Suzie! So glad you’re here with me today! I loved your “Happiness is” quote!

blogwatig
    July 29, 2013 at 8:45 am

Wow! What a fab list. We must try something like this for IndiBlogehswaris. What say you?

And BTW, I stick out like a sore thumb, lol, but then again……………that is just me. 😛

Thanks for this opportunity. Once again, wonderful idea.
    blogwatig recently posted…The Cat is out of the BagMy Profile

July 29, 2013 at 9:49 am

I was thinking the same thing when I decided to do this post here. I also have a question ready, Vinita. 😀 Will message it to you.

Thank you for your contribution, I am totally in sync. with it. I don’t know many people who’ll happily admit it. But I do know practically everyone, with very few exceptions, agrees. 😀
      Vidya Sury recently posted…Happiness is celebrating with youMy Profile

Rachna
    July 29, 2013 at 9:11 am

Loved reading all those profound thoughts this morning, dear Vidya!
    Rachna recently posted…It’s a girl!My Profile

Chicky
    July 29, 2013 at 9:12 am

Currently, happiness is being able to walk regularly for at least 5-6 days a week, thanks to the Indiblogeshwaris group! 😛
    Chicky recently posted…Just Dragging AlongMy Profile

Corinne Rodrigues
    July 29, 2013 at 9:17 am

I just mailed you my contribution, Vidya. It’s lovely to see the variety of ways people find happiness. So difficult to define and yet so easy to be happy – if only we try!
    Good luck with your Tree of Life project – it sounds exciting.
    Corinne Rodrigues recently posted…To My Inner CriticMy Profile

Cathy Taughinbaugh
    July 29, 2013 at 10:25 am

Wonderful quotes, Vidya. Love the happiness here that you spread to all of us!
    Cathy Taughinbaugh recently posted…Our Journey to RecoveryMy Profile

Sam
    July 29, 2013 at 10:32 am

Cheers to you, Vidya!
    Sam
    Sam recently posted…Tree of Life: Branching Out Featuring Beverly FoxMy Profile

MamaTim
    July 29, 2013 at 11:30 am

Hi Vidya… An uplifting post. You are happiness yourself, just seeing that smile on you is enough to cheer anyone up. Hugs
    MamaTim recently posted…Trouble with A>B>CsMy Profile

Kaarina Dillabough
    July 29, 2013 at 6:48 pm

It’s already rockin’ my dear friend. What a wonderful post, full of happiness! Thanks for including me, and I’ll be sure to check out the Tree of Life collaborative writing challenge. Cheers! Kaarina
    Kaarina Dillabough recently posted…Ideas Are WorthlessMy Profile

My Inner Chick
    July 29, 2013 at 7:35 pm

Vidya,
    you. are. beautiful.

you make me happy. 🙂 xx
    My Inner Chick recently posted…Just For The Pure Fun Of ItMy Profile

Pattu
    July 29, 2013 at 8:12 pm

Lovely post. Enjoyed it.
    Pattu recently posted…Trying Summer and welcome rains 2013My Profile

Elle
    July 29, 2013 at 9:10 pm

This read made my day Vidya…you little spreader of happiness you. 🙂
    Elle recently posted…5 Amazing Quotes That Feed Your Mind And Bring You BlissMy Profile

Shilpa Garg
    July 29, 2013 at 9:42 pm

What a lovely idea to share and celebrate happiness, Vidya! Enjoyed reading the pearls of wisdom shared! 🙂
    Shilpa Garg recently posted…UBC Day 29 : A Book in Every Child’s HandMy Profile

Paige | Simple Mindfulness
    July 29, 2013 at 10:46 pm

I love this idea, Vidya! Reading everyone’s different perspectives brought a big smile to my face. Thank you so much for putting this together and inviting me to contribute!

I’ve already ‘liked’ Ken’s Happiness Movement (how could you not like happiness???) and love what he’s doing there.

What an amazing group of people here!!

Big Hugs!!!
    Paige recently posted…Mindfulness In a Bad RelationshipMy Profile

Ken Wert@MeanttobeHappy
    July 30, 2013 at 1:45 am

Loved this, Vidya! And thanks for including mine! I particularly enjoyed reading the different things people emphasize. One of the simplest was also one of the most profound: “For today, it was a cool breeze” by Laurie. Short, but packed with meaning. It’s taking happiness in the moment, in the little things, a sense of gratitude oozing out for something as simple a breeze.

LOVE the link to The Happiness Movement!

Love you!
    Ken Wert recently posted…Is Honesty Really the Best Policy? (Challenge #2)My Profile

Sarah
    July 30, 2013 at 6:18 am

For such a seemingly simple concept happiness is difficult to define and it’s obvious it means different things for different people. For me happiness is fleeting and to be enjoyed in the moment.

July 30, 2013 at 10:32 am

Yes, I was thinking the same thing, Sarah. It is nice to see that everyone has a unique perspective. I’ve added your quote to the post 🙂 Thank you so much!
      Vidya Sury recently posted…Happiness is celebrating with youMy Profile

Apoorva
    July 30, 2013 at 10:59 am

Wow…Dat was a happy trip!!!
    Innovative idea Vidya…loved everything people had to say about happiness…
    For me Happiness is that unconscious competence to just be happy..You dont need a reason!!
    Apoorva recently posted…Colours of my lifeMy Profile

July 30, 2013 at 11:06 am

Very well said, Apoorva and you are now in my A-list in the post! Check it out! 🙂 Thank you for celebrating with me. Your blog title is one of my favorite poems (Where the mind is without fear).

Akhil Kalsh
    July 30, 2013 at 11:51 am

That’s a lot of happiness and a lot of blogging love! Keep it flowing.
    Akhil Kalsh recently posted…MMO-RPG is a not a WMD…. Genres Of Gaming. Gaming 101My Profile

Bhavya
    July 30, 2013 at 1:08 pm

So many wonderful ways to look at happiness 🙂 🙂
    Bhavya recently posted…Norwegian WoodMy Profile

Aditi
    July 30, 2013 at 1:23 pm

Congratulations Vidya on such a great compilation. All the quotes are wonderful. And thanks a lot for the featuring! 🙂 Just joined the happiness revolution… 🙂 it’s a great concept!
    Aditi recently posted…Delhi Contemporary Arts Week, 5th – 11th August, 2013My Profile

vanita
    July 30, 2013 at 11:06 pm

these are all so awesome i can’t pick a favorite!
    thanks for including me sis!
    vanita recently posted…Make Them Love Your BlogMy Profile

Rahul
    July 31, 2013 at 8:32 am

Lovely post Vidya! Happiness lies in the smallest things including what all we do everyday:)

richmiraclefiles
    July 31, 2013 at 7:44 pm

Hi Vidya
    That is one swell idea.Getting everybody to pour out their hidden wealth of wisdom over an extremely important subject.Its a veritable museum of ideas.Great!
    Well here is what i feel about happiness,something that i call the PHI(personal happiness index)..
    No one else is responsible for your state of mind other than you yourself.What goes on in your mind dictates how you will interpret the reality around you.Your internal “hum” is important for your emotional effectiveness and your own happiness and confidence .Your PHI .And your PHI is a direct outcome of your confidence,your self liking and your emotional balance in all circumstances.
    What do you have to do?You simply have to remain at the highest level of your PHI ,no matter what.
    Realise the fact that you are the only one responsible for manufacturing your happiness,for creating your peak PHI.
    richmiraclefiles recently posted…A GLIMPSE OF ANCIENT HINDU WISDOM TEACHINGSMy Profile

Sheethal
    August 1, 2013 at 2:02 am

Different ways to look at happiness!
    Good one 🙂

Roshni
    August 1, 2013 at 3:05 am

Lovely, lovely quotes! I so enjoyed them all!
    Roshni recently posted…WOHMs, ditch the Mommy Guilt already!My Profile

Jyoti
    August 1, 2013 at 6:12 pm

Thank you for including me in your wonderful of happiness concepts. I really like about you, it inspire me. Mum can do anything what ever she like. A wonderful collaboration of other peoples thoughts on the subject.
    Happiness is love,peace and wisdom. Thanks again.
    Jyoti recently posted…Guru Baba Ramdev Yoga and BenefitsMy Profile

Jyoti
    August 1, 2013 at 6:18 pm

Thanks again. I would like to read about all you got on your web site and I will, when I get time.
    Jyoti recently posted…Guru Baba Ramdev Yoga and BenefitsMy Profile

CJ
    August 2, 2013 at 4:36 pm

Very wise and mature definitions of happiness there! So nice to see these, and not just “when I get all the stuff I want” !
    CJ recently posted…The Cure is…? A Movie ReviewMy Profile

August 2, 2013 at 6:02 pm

Yes, CJ! That’s exactly what I loved too! So very heart-warming, isn’t it? 🙂 Thank you for coming by!

Philip V Ariel
    August 3, 2013 at 7:23 am

OMG!!! Vidya This is really an AMAZING one, Wonderful Quotes from around the world, I appreciate you for this task, Keep it up my dear friend. To tell you the truth I am sure these will uplift the spirit in each individual who quoted here as well as other readers. I am so glad your thought provoking reply comments, a great home work is done here, Keep it up.
    And ha A BIG THANK YOU for including my Happiness too in this great list.
    Sorry, I am bit late here too 🙂
    Best
    Phil
    Philip V Ariel recently posted…Sonia vs Modi And A BIG Salute to Our Jawans (The Indian Para Military Forces) Two Cover Stories And my FeedbacksMy Profile

Richa Singh
    August 3, 2013 at 2:38 pm

Well this I knew had to turn out into a big post! Big in the sense of a celebration and it just did. Quite a few of the ones mentioned I know through their writing and other friendly interactions and somehow Vinita’s quite fit in with her 😛 I missed the deadline I know 🙁 But I still tweeted what I felt about happiness 🙂
    Richa Singh recently posted…Like you know me better than I know myselfMy Profile

Unknown Mami
    August 5, 2013 at 9:05 am

This post makes me realize that happiness knows no bounds.
    Unknown Mami recently posted…What We Did This SummerMy Profile

Suzy
    August 11, 2013 at 3:57 pm

What an awesome collection of happiness. Now that’s happiness 🙂
    Suzy recently posted…Dear FriendMy Profile

sbobet
    March 16, 2014 at 4:53 pm

If some one needs expert view about running a blog afterward i recommend him/her to pay a visit
    this webpage, Keep up the fastidious job.

Here is my web page sbobet
    sbobet recently posted…sbobetMy Profile

Walking On Sunshine - Vidya Sury
    June 17, 2014 at 11:51 pm

[…] off, a huge round of applause to all of you who contributed to the “Happiness is Celebrating with you” post. Each one’s take on happiness is just amazing and as I read the words, I found […]